Good summer weight tights

NOVA.Dad

SILVER
What are some good summer weight tights to help prevent turf burn? It's too hot for long pants or 3/4 pants.

Thanks,
Tim

What are some good summer weight tights to help prevent turf burn? It's too hot for long pants or 3/4 pants.

Thanks,
Tim

Try the Nike Pro Tights, my kid wears them and swears by them. They will snag and get a hole in them...some last longer than others but it's our go to for avoiding turf burn and when my gk just wants a layer underneath shorts. If your club is strict about brands and you're not nike, it's okay, the socks cover up the swoosh. (At least in all the pairs we've purchased). These tights are on sale right now on Nike.com

We just order some off of Amazon. They are like $13, and will rip like all the other tights we have purchased, but they work for what they are needed for.

When I was a keeper, 200 years ago, I just wore baseball sliding shorts. They'd ride up but really only after a dive or heavy slide. For some reason, they didn't rip often and I played on mostly hard dirt back then. I also wore goalkeeper shorts over them. Those are longer and tend to cover most of the under short. I hated hip pads and never bought that style but I did put some vaseline on my hips, under the tights, which helped eliminate some of those raspberries.

Yes... my mother hated me.

Back