Good News Thread

The good news is we know who already sold their souls. Dont tell the people, show the people. Love you Grace. Stay safe :)

@dad4 hit hardest with this one.

"During a news conference last week, Gov. Cuomo put up a chart highlighting where the novel coronavirus is being spread. It turns out, a shocking 74 percent of new cases were caught at gatherings in private homes. Restaurants and bars, meanwhile, accounted for just 1.43 percent."
Health-care delivery - an activity that is difficult to modify to lower risk - contributed 7.8% of the cases and was second to "household/social gatherings". This is more support for vaccinating the front-line workers first. College students and education workers are next.

--- From article

Topping the list (see below) was “household/social gatherings,” linked to 73.8% of the exposures. Health-care delivery was a distant second at 7.8%. It was followed by college students and education workers.

Further down, at No. 5, “restaurants & bars” were linked to 1.4% of exposures.

Health-care delivery - an activity that is difficult to modify to lower risk - contributed 7.8% of the cases and was second to "household/social gatherings". This is more support for vaccinating the front-line workers first. College students and education workers are next.

--- From article

Topping the list (see below) was “household/social gatherings,” linked to 73.8% of the exposures. Health-care delivery was a distant second at 7.8%. It was followed by college students and education workers.

Even giving you give them the benefit of the doubt that the 1.4% of exposures is low, and even it's off by a magnitude of 10x, it's still a pretty good explanation (if it holds) for why non-medical government interventions like partial lockdowns and mask mandates haven't been able to prevent cases from exploding. Remember Los Angeles has had indoor dining closed and a mask mandate for a very long time.

--- From article

Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry I mean @dad4 @dad4

@dad4 comments?

Take a look where they find what activities are associated with positive cases.

Besides restaurants not being an issue look at sports or church.

I believe those are your main activities you dislike and/or are worried about.

Screenshot_20201214-201055.png

@dad4 comments?

Take a look where they find what activities are associated with positive cases.

Besides restaurants not being an issue look at sports or church.

I believe those are your main activities you dislike and/or are worried about.

View attachment 9673
I

There's this now too. Also interesting that asymptomatics just aren't much of a driver. Another reason why government interventions such as lockdowns and masks don't appear to be working much.

The question then is do they get paid if they take a leave.
I believe they will get paid to leave. It's not their fault Hound and some teachers have real health concerns. I miss you. How's AZ? Anyone from HB on here? I went down last weekend and I saw no mask. It was so different.

I believe they will get paid to leave. It's not their fault Hound and some teachers have real health concerns. I miss you. How's AZ? Anyone from HB on here? I went down last weekend and I saw no mask. It was so different.
AZ is good. Practices are in full swing.

Most girls are doing HS practice right now. At the DDs club the very few that are not doing HS are practicing with a lot of college girls. So that is very good experience for them. A scrimmage last week vs another club who has training for college kids and then more scrimmages to come including this weekend.

AZ is good. Practices are in full swing.

Most girls are doing HS practice right now. At the DDs club the very few that are not doing HS are practicing with a lot of college girls. So that is very good experience for them. A scrimmage last week vs another club who has training for college kids and then more scrimmages to come including this weekend.
Sorry for bringing all the Rona from California Hound. Your state was so kind to open up for us. I know we brought $$$ but that's not good enough anymore. Were hoping to get High School ball running asap. I hear some HS School teams from Cali are looking to get a few scrimmages with AZ HS teams. Did you hear about that one?

Sorry for bringing all the Rona from California Hound. Your state was so kind to open up for us. I know we brought $$$ but that's not good enough anymore. Were hoping to get High School ball running asap. I hear some HS School teams from Cali are looking to get a few scrimmages with AZ HS teams. Did you hear about that one?
Have not heard about that one. But to be fair I wouldn't be the person to know regarding HS soccer.

And apology accepted. I heard 3 different outbreaks were tied to you when you came out here ;)

Have not heard about that one. But to be fair I wouldn't be the person to know regarding HS soccer.

And apology accepted. I heard 3 different outbreaks were tied to you when you came out here ;)
Bro, did you get it from me after dinner and drinks? We did have our mask on the whole time before we went into bar and after we left so I can;t see how you got Rona from us and I never hugged you. I think we did a fist pump and then you offered me hand cleanser if I'm not mistaken? Stop blaming me for all your ills bro. Not cool.

Nationwide, we appear to have reached the top / very near the top of the cases in the current surge. I took a quick look at the individual states to see the general direction from data as of Dec 7 to data as of Dec 14. Overall, states are trending down with 30 rising more slowly or trending down faster than last week. I only count 5 with cases rising faster than last week. The east coast has slowed their increases considerably and CA is showing some signs of slowing the explosive growth - but still growing fast. We also appear to be past any Thanksgiving effect. There was a noticable bump in many individual states' data starting about a week after Thanksgiving (interestingly preceded by a noticable dip seen on the national level), but many (all?) states that were trending down prior to Thanksgiving are trending down currently after the Thanksgiving bump up. Once CA starts dropping, cases will trend down strongly.

1608054032891.png
1608054840206.png

Lots of people were told they had to take a leave (aka Furloughed) because of restrictions. They weren’t getting paid. Had to file for Unemployment.

Will be interesting to see how the Unions handle this one.

Back