Good News Thread

More good news.........

1634139313306.png

Federal Judge Issues Major Ruling on Vaccine Mandates, Declares Religious Exemptions Must Be Allowed

I love God, Jesus and everyone else. I really love my blood and the line it runs on. It's very dear to me and precious and my blood is my blood and I will NEVER allow a foreign substance to be injected ((jabbed)) into my arm or ass so IT can flow freely in my blood that goes throughout my body. Hell NO!!!! Never!!!! I do NOT want anything impure to enter my blood vessels and that's that. The rest of you can mine your own business. Thank you judge for thinking of me and so many others like me. Praise the Lord :)

From Catturd:
BREAKING ...

Governor Ron DeSantis just announced an Emergency Legislative Session to BAN private sector employee vaccine mandates.

Best Governor in the USA - Hands down !!!!

Florida invites In-N-Out to open in Sunshine State as restaurant battles California's vaccine mandates
Florida CFO Jimmy Patronis touts 'mandate-free state' to In-N-Out owner Lynsi Snyder

Biden admin barred from firing unvaccinated employees after DC judge issues injunction
The attorney for the plaintiffs said the Biden administration has shown 'an unprecedented, cavalier attitude toward the rule of law'

Good news for JB......

Biden says Pope Francis told him to continue receiving communion, amid scrutiny over pro-abortion policies

"We just talked about the fact that he was happy I'm a good Catholic," Biden said. "And I should keep receiving communion."
1635524042881.png

Not the least bit surprising. The failure to balance reporting and the slow move toward "advocacy journalism" fueled the rise of Foxnews. The direction of higher education appears to be doing the same thing here. It will be interesting where this goes. I have to say, their timing is spot on.

"Trigger warnings. Safe spaces. Preferred pronouns. Checked privileges. Microaggressions. Antiracism. All these terms are routinely deployed on campuses throughout the English-speaking world as part of a sustained campaign to impose ideological conformity in the name of diversity," Ferguson wrote. "As a result, it often feels as if there is less free speech and free thought in the American university today than in almost any other institution in the U.S."

Not the least bit surprising. The failure to balance reporting and the slow move toward "advocacy journalism" fueled the rise of Foxnews. The direction of higher education appears to be doing the same thing here. It will be interesting where this goes. I have to say, their timing is spot on.

"Trigger warnings. Safe spaces. Preferred pronouns. Checked privileges. Microaggressions. Antiracism. All these terms are routinely deployed on campuses throughout the English-speaking world as part of a sustained campaign to impose ideological conformity in the name of diversity," Ferguson wrote. "As a result, it often feels as if there is less free speech and free thought in the American university today than in almost any other institution in the U.S."
Why is everything a conspiracy?

Why is everything a conspiracy?
Who said it’s a conspiracy?

The peer review process in the humanities leads to conformity. That conformity isn’t healthy for the Academy, and there a pushback.

Logically, sociologists ought to be writing papers and teaching classes which compare the religious conformity of 1600-1800 academic institutions to the political conformity of modern academic institutions. It‘s a reasonable comparison: Harvard’s sociology department is not going to promote a conservative, in the same way that Harvard’s divinity school in 1670 was not going to hire a rabbi.

But, if you want sociologists who are capable of talking about that comparison, you aren’t going to find them within the current structure.

The question is whether they can succeed at creating a genuinely open model. Worst case, they create yet one more heavily partisan institution like Fox News or university sociology departments.

Who said it’s a conspiracy?

The peer review process in the humanities leads to conformity. That conformity isn’t healthy for the Academy, and there a pushback.

Logically, sociologists ought to be writing papers and teaching classes which compare the religious conformity of 1600-1800 academic institutions to the political conformity of modern academic institutions. It‘s a reasonable comparison: Harvard’s sociology department is not going to promote a conservative, in the same way that Harvard’s divinity school in 1670 was not going to hire a rabbi.

But, if you want sociologists who are capable of talking about that comparison, you aren’t going to find them within the current structure.

The question is whether they can succeed at creating a genuinely open model. Worst case, they create yet one more heavily partisan institution like Fox News or university sociology departments.
Don’t reply to that poster. It’s a true rabbit hole of utter insanity. Responding to Espola makes more logic as much as anyone cringes to it.

Don’t reply to that poster. It’s a true rabbit hole of utter insanity. Responding to Espola makes more logic as much as anyone cringes to it.
“cringes to it.”? You sound hurt. Dad wasn’t even replying to that post of mine as much as making a statement that seems to have alluded you. Maybe someone else could explain it to you? Maybe.

That’s kind of the opposite of my point. We need more talking and listening to each other, not less.

No one is learning much if each of us only listens to those we already agree with.

That’s kind of the opposite of my point. We need more talking and listening to each other, not less.

No one is learning much if each of us only listens to those we already agree with.
I usually just ignore whose post it is and just read, all ya all look the same to me anyhow. If I keep seeing the same negative messages from the same posters, or lunacy, then I put them on ignore (lessens the time sifting through the unnecessary). There use to only be 6 or 7 regulars in here, the majority on the right, so it was easy to know who is who. Now there are a few more infrequent guests which should be a good thing, but as many seem to simply parrot each other me feels some are just the same people (I always suspect the ones that accuse others of such as the real culprits, Roy Cohn 101).

Agreed. But that’s not the kind of conversation you will have. Which is why I mentioned E as an example.

I agree but it's a bit different online. I regularly engage with you when I don't agree with you about COVID. The problem to me is the "talking and listening to each other". I tend to use the same approach as I would in face-to-face conversation. If an "alias" doesn't engage civilly, I don't engage. The other problem I see is the "each other" when I find it likely that an individual is using multi-aliases. I wouldn't engage with someone that used a different name every time I met them, pushed a specific agenda, and used one of their other aliases to support it. That's trolling. We had a few other posters earlier that I disagreed with on COVID but engaged - KM2 and one or two others. I haven't seen them in a while.

Everyone has their own approach when engaging online. That's mine and it has nothing to do with disagreeing.

Back