Good News Thread

Great news for your folks! My folks got theirs last week too (MDs).

Here's some other real good news. Am hearing from my pharma friend they expect the J&J EU authorization in the next 2-3 weeks.

I agree both cases and deaths will drop dramatically by March (in part because of seasonality and in part because of the vaccine and as dad points out in part because so many people have had it). Your math though isn't 100% correct. The kids under 16 and the 1/4 who have chosen not to get the shot don't really count since they will be still spreading COVID among themselves. The people who have already had it also may or may not count (because they are vaccinating them anyway, which is dumb, there's some overlap with the vaccinated...some of them also fall in the kid category). Then there's the issue of length of immunity/mutations...my son had it back in March....does he count?....we don't have a firm idea yet. Finally, it takes 2 shots to make that fully effective and those need to be spread more than a month so we aren't reaching (even with the J&J vaccine which is easier to admin) max voluntary immunity among those authorized until May (though someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think J&J is 1 dose)

But ultimately for California the issue is going to be that we are still going to have cases over March. Not a ton of them like we do now but enough that it will disrupt life. If you get a COVID positive kid, your school and your sports teams are still going to be shut down. If you get one at work, they'll still make everyone test (including stupidly those that have had the 2nd dose of the vaccine). They'll still be the horror stories of the 40 year old struck down in the prime of life. The teachers unions are setting it up that schools can't be fully reopened until the kids are vaccinated (which for under 12 isn't looking until 2022 and which won't be mandated until the EU label is removed). California will still force you to wear a mask. Disneyland will still be closed (prob summer) and mass sporting event with spectators not allowed. No tournaments or away camps this summer.
The case levels are sensitive enough that it's really really very hard to get to orange and yellow zones and remember there's still no green. In some low pop counties a handful of cases are enough to kick you into the orange.

"Open" everything is therefore a political question. It won't happen as long as Newsom and his team doesn't change his thinking and the standards are still geared to cases. If you live in Texas and Florida, yes absolutely.
My MIL got her 2nd Moderna shot today. She was very reluctant at first, despite my best efforts to explain the process, let her know many thousands (and now millions) have been vaccinated safely and, the biggest obstacle, that Trump couldn't make them put out a vaccine that wasn't safe. However, it took grandma's "Number one" - her only grandchild - to convince her. About 6 weeks ago "Number one" told her that she asked her Life Group at church to pray that her grandma will take the vaccine. Within days, grandma had her appointment and had her first shot less than two weeks later.

My MIL got her 2nd Moderna shot today. She was very reluctant at first, despite my best efforts to explain the process, let her know many thousands (and now millions) have been vaccinated safely and, the biggest obstacle, that Trump couldn't make them put out a vaccine that wasn't safe. However, it took grandma's "Number one" - her only grandchild - to convince her. About 6 weeks ago "Number one" told her that she asked her Life Group at church to pray that her grandma will take the vaccine. Within days, grandma had her appointment and had her first shot less than two weeks later.
Have you read the trials? And the vaccine inserts? And why the EAU?

This could be a big deal.

Big Pharma hitchhiking. Smh. C'mon MAN!!!!

Good news....more Union hypocrisy is getting called out:

More "Good" News

This could be a big deal.

First consider the source of this info.

Over 4.5 million shots were reported today - about (1 and 1/3) % of the population. The US at 21% vaccinated (without @crush, who is on an anti-virus diet). We are approaching 50% seroprevalence. Cases are still trending slightly down. I can get vaccinated in 6 days, and I'm looking forward to not cringing every time I hear someone sneeze or cough. I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing my Mother-in-law! Just kidding, "grandma." You know I always miss you (truth). Pancakes and margaritas for breakfast are getting closer!

1615686743991.png

Over 4.5 million shots were reported today - about (1 and 1/3) % of the population. The US at 21% vaccinated (without @crush, who is on an anti-virus diet). We are approaching 50% seroprevalence. Cases are still trending slightly down. I can get vaccinated in 6 days, and I'm looking forward to not cringing every time I hear someone sneeze or cough. I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing my Mother-in-law! Just kidding, "grandma." You know I always miss you (truth). Pancakes and margaritas for breakfast are getting closer!

View attachment 10379
I know we like to have satire because life is too short to be serious all the time, but I just heard a super super sad story bro about a perfectly healthy person dying after her 2nd does of the BG DBL Shot Bat Virus. People are dying for injecting it. I would not take it but I understand everyone wants to get back to normal and obey Dr F and his crew. My wife and I already see the writing on the wall in California. Today, no mask=no service. Tomorrow it will be No Vaccine=No service, no way to work, no way for Thai. Thank God my kids are adults. I'm done telling them how to live their life. Looks like the Mountains far away and live off the land. Sad times but lessons are always learned the hard way. I pray all goes well for everyone who wants or feels they have to inject themselves with a man made vaccine because of the Rona made from the man. Use your brain........

I know we like to have satire because life is too short to be serious all the time, but I just heard a super super sad story bro about a perfectly healthy person dying after her 2nd does of the BG DBL Shot Bat Virus. People are dying for injecting it. I would not take it but I understand everyone wants to get back to normal and obey Dr F and his crew. My wife and I already see the writing on the wall in California. Today, no mask=no service. Tomorrow it will be No Vaccine=No service, no way to work, no way for Thai. Thank God my kids are adults. I'm done telling them how to live their life. Looks like the Mountains far away and live off the land. Sad times but lessons are always learned the hard way. I pray all goes well for everyone who wants or feels they have to inject themselves with a man made vaccine because of the Rona made from the man. Use your brain........
I respect your decision not to get the vaccine. I point it out only because I know you from the board. My choice has zero to do with my opinion of Fauci or anyone really. I feel confident that the vaccine will save many, many more lives than it takes. We'll see. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about being denied service due to not taking the vaccine. There are many health care workers who feel the same way you do, haven't gotten vaccinated when eligible, and are still working. Keep in mind, not getting vaccinated is skewing toward minorities, and I just don't see CA enacting any policies that inordinately restrict minorities.

Better times are ahead Crush, maybe just around the corner.

I respect your decision not to get the vaccine. I point it out only because I know you from the board. My choice has zero to do with my opinion of Fauci or anyone really. I feel confident that the vaccine will save many, many more lives than it takes. We'll see. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about being denied service due to not taking the vaccine. There are many health care workers who feel the same way you do, haven't gotten vaccinated when eligible, and are still working. Keep in mind, not getting vaccinated is skewing toward minorities, and I just don't see CA enacting any policies that inordinately restrict minorities.

Better times are ahead Crush, maybe just around the corner.
I love the positive vibe Kicking and screaming over in Nocal. I also appreciate the support. I wish everyone had your attitude. I hope I will be loved for being anti vaxer dude. I dont know, I wear my mask below my nose and people go nuts.

Last edited:
I love the positive vibe Kicking and screaming over in Nocal. I also appreciate the support. I wish everyone had your attitude. I hope I will be loved for being anti vaxer dude. I dont know, I wear my mask below my nose and people go nuts.
I regularly complain about divisiveness, so it is incumbent on me to do a better job of understanding and accepting those with diiferent perspectives.

Got my first shot of Pfizer this morning after qualifying for it as of Friday. Part two in 4 weeks. I'm looking forward to a breakfast of pancakes and margaritas with my MIL soon. Oh yeah, I guess it will be nice for her to see her only grandchild for the first time in over a year as well.

Some stats on reactions to the Vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer). I like my odds of getting the vaccine vs. not. Beyond my odds, I'm also less likely to pass it on to someone else. That was an important factor for me as well.

The analysis used data from the first month of vaccinations, between Dec. 14 and Jan. 13., when there were more than 13.7 million doses administered.

The CDC said there were 6,994 reports of so-called adverse events after vaccination, including 6,354 that were classified as “non-serious” and 640 as “serious,” which included 113 deaths. The median age of vaccine recipients was 42, according to the VAERS data, and the majority of adverse events occurred in women.

There were 46 reports of anaphylaxis, a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction, from those who received Pfizer’s vaccine and 16 cases for those who received Moderna’s, according to the CDC. The agency said the occurrence of the reaction is in the range of those reported for the influenza vaccine.

Of the 113 deaths, 2/3 were from long term facilities

(113 deaths) / (13.7 million doses) = 0.000825% (about 1 in 121,000)

(640 Serious) / (13.7 million doses) = 0.00467% (about 1 in 21,400)

To each his own. I swear I won't share what I know anymore. My wife and I want to live in peace. I'm ok with anyone preaching the importance of the double shot of the vaccine. I will only share that it would be better and best to quit eating red meat, gmo fake food, alcohol and focus on veggies, fruits, nuts and healthy exercise and thee most important all all of this? Lots of sex!!! I'm living a dream fantasy all in one and it's all real. It's the only way to live in the future on this planet.

To each his own. I swear I won't share what I know anymore. My wife and I want to live in peace. I'm ok with anyone preaching the importance of the double shot of the vaccine. I will only share that it would be better and best to quit eating red meat, gmo fake food, alcohol and focus on veggies, fruits, nuts and healthy exercise and thee most important all all of this? Lots of sex!!! I'm living a dream fantasy all in one and it's all real. It's the only way to live in the future on this planet.
I think I'll take the vaccine and stick with the red meat and alcohol - in moderation, of course. Maybe that gets me to "even"? ;).

Also, I am not a fan of forcing people to do things. I will always support a family's decision regarding the vaccine as a much smaller risk to society than that of allowing our government the power to force people to take it.

Back