GOOD NEWS THREAD

soccer661

SILVER ELITE
My good news is something small and insignificant to everything going on right now, but made me almost tear up when I walked in the store....
My Trader Joe's was finally re-stocked!

Went from totally empty freezer/produce/meat/egg sections to almost fully stocked again!
(my kids were so excited to see me bring home their teriyaki and orange chicken!! LOL :)

Big shout to to TJ's for trying to maintain the cleanliness & social distancing as well-- they are doing a "one in/out out" type of line outside the store (had to wait about 10 minutes or so to get in- not bad at all!) store clerk is monitoring line outside while spraying down/sanitizing each cart before they give it to you to go in and also there are tapes marks for lines inside and outside and you have to stand 6 ft back from register while checking out (only can step forward to pay).

Poconos

GOLD
not sure if yer a blade or volt guy, but the shaving cream TJ's sells is epic

My good news is something small and insignificant to everything going on right now, but made me almost tear up when I walked in the store....

Went from totally empty freezer/produce/meat/egg sections to almost fully stocked again!
(my kids were so excited to see me bring home their teriyaki and orange chicken!! LOL :)

Big shout to to TJ's for trying to maintain the cleanliness & social distancing as well-- they are doing a "one in/out out" type of line outside the store (had to wait about 10 minutes or so to get in- not bad at all!) store clerk is monitoring line outside while spraying down/sanitizing each cart before they give it to you to go in and also there are tapes marks for lines inside and outside and you have to stand 6 ft back from register while checking out (only can step forward to pay).

jpeter

PREMIER

Yup same as smart & final fresh but they where letting in small groups at a time. Stock has really improved they had pretty much everything lots of steak, ground beef, water, drinks, paper you name it they had it. Gallon liquid hand soaps, plenty of TP, paper products but limit of 1.

Happy corona day :p the guy behind me said finally he could get what he needed, we had a good laugh on that one.

watfly

PREMIER

jpeter

PREMIER
Good news is that Senate passes $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill — House aims for Friday vote where it will pass also

The Canada relief package gives a bit more to citizen relief as opposed to company relief to include:

- 27B directly to Canadians
- 55B tax deferrals

Emergency Care Benefit
- Income security of people if they cannot work due to isolation/quarantine/ caring for ill loved ones/ caring for kids
- 900$ every 2weeks for up to 15weeks
- Payment via direct deposit
- No medical documentation required, simple application

Small Employers
- 10% wage subsidy x 3 months, up to 25k per employer, effective immediately

I hope the usa considers a emergency care benefit like the canadiens have and some help for small employers.

Learned yesterday that two of the parts that we make at our company go on ventilators, plus another part goes onto hospital beds. Parts were at 6 week lead times, but learning where they were going, was able to move them up inside of three weeks. Feel better about being open as a company.

Best article I have read so far on the situation:

Here is a rebuttal by someone who knows the science --

"I hate to ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence"

This is me sometimes after two weeks on lock down. My wife went hunting today and came back with $200 worth of tasty food. Easy to shop but no TP. My son just got back from a 3 hr shop and buy delivery. He went to Ralphs for someone who spent $400. He made $75 with the tip. $25 an hour in two days. He said it will be more once he knows where all the food is placed in each store.