GOOD NEWS THREAD

0 deaths in Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside and Ventura counties.

USA death rate remains low, definitely a good thing and it is THE most important statistic. 27K positive cases and 350 deaths = less than 1.5%. And, we all know that thousands of others have it and not getting tested so that would push the rate down much further. Let's keep an eye on this stat going forward, but right now it is definitely a positive, though OF COURSE no single death is positive.

jpeter

PREMIER
Spendt more time with family gatherings, eating & talking with our young adult and HS kids this past week than I had almost all year previously. Not at home mostly before so quick texts or short conversation where the norm before.

Lots of kids out riding bikes and playing, daughter went around with the sidewalk chalk and had some fun in the hood, playing hop scotch & drawing with the kids.

Attachments

Agree. Dinners at home with the family. Creative thought in the house again to come up with things to do. Quiet time in prayer. I'm also hearing about people still getting paid who are taking in a friend (e.g., restaurant worker) who got laid off.
love this man. cherishing the family down with life being slowed down is the way to do it. stay safe

blam

SILVER
Hope...
(focus on the US death rate from week to week 417 total as of today - wish we had recorded what the number was last sunday.)

He's right. If we practice social distancing this should be over in about 2 months as countries like China and Korea has shown. Continuing policies like those in Taiwan for example has flatten the curve from the beginning and looks like what needs to be done to prevent subsequent flare ups.

This is not a new problem. The solution already exist. Nothing to panic or be scared. we will get out of this like what other countries has successfully shown.

blam

SILVER
Hope...
(focus on the US death rate from week to week 417 total as of today - wish we had recorded what the number was last sunday.)

I don't like the focus on death. I prefer the new cases per day which is more of a current indicator. Measuring death per up day or per week has a 1-2 week lag as death occur about 1 to 2 weeks after detection. If policies are working, number of new cases per day will show improvement first.

blam

SILVER
Another good news. Italy new cases dropped today. Hopefully its downwards from here and not a one day anomaly. Today in the news, they showed armies involved in maintaining the quarantine I think this downward trend could last with more harder action taken by their goverment.

1584940377265.png

Yes, it almost looks like the 70's. I would wager that many people's fondest memories will be from this pandemic.

I have never seen my neighborhood so active. There are people out everywhere; working in their yard, riding their bikes, kids on scooters. Every basketball hoop on the street has people playing a it. It is a beautiful, enjoyable weekend.

Maybe I am usually too busy running around on weekends to soccer, basketball, and volleyball to notice.

Giesbock

SILVER
Out walking the neighborhood, everything is quiet and normal, neighbors keep distance but are super friendly...hard to imagine that down the proverbial street and around the corner, others are dying or fighting for breath. This is insidious because it’s so easy to be complacent.

If it wasn’t for such a serious underlying reason for this pause in normal life, it’s kinda peaceful.

And yet just announced that around 47 million Americans will soon be unemployed. 28% of US economy is on lockdown.

Eagle33

GOLD
Out walking the neighborhood, everything is quiet and normal, neighbors keep distance but are super friendly...hard to imagine that down the proverbial street and around the corner, others are dying or fighting for breath. This is insidious because it’s so easy to be complacent.

If it wasn’t for such a serious underlying reason for this pause in normal life, it’s kinda peaceful.

And yet just announced that around 47 million Americans will soon be unemployed. 28% of US economy is on lockdown.
Lets keep this to good news - it's really easy to get negative.