GOOD NEWS THREAD

Hear or see something positive re Coronavirus today? Post about it here. We need more positivity. I'll start:

1 - A CA company has developed and FDA approved a new test that gives results in 45 minutes vs. 24-48 hours. Being used already.

2 - Less than 10% of Americans getting Corona tests are testing positive

3 - Many golf courses still open (for now) :)

4 - Sunny and warm Saturday

5 - The stock market didn't go down today!!

watfly

GOLD
Best article I have read so far on the situation:

I'm going to be consistent here. I was critical of someone posting a doomsday article from medium.com early in the week. Medium.com is crowd sourced, social "journalism" with zero fact checking or vetting. Please don't rely on any information from medium.com, and be very, very skeptical of anything posted to its website.

I'm going to be consistent here. I was critical of someone posting a doomsday article from medium.com early in the week. Medium.com is crowd sourced, social "journalism" with zero fact checking or vetting. Please don't rely on any information from medium.com, and be very, very skeptical of anything posted to its website.
One good placed to start is to find out who the author is -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Ginn

Speed

SILVER ELITE
Hear or see something positive re Coronavirus today? Post about it here. We need more positivity. I'll start:

1 - A CA company has developed and FDA approved a new test that gives results in 45 minutes vs. 24-48 hours. Being used already.

I am a mountain biker and sadly got busted for riding the back 9 of our beautiful course today. I was on the path not creating destruction but the course is closed. And always closed to a MTB. :(

watfly

GOLD
They have standards -- https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006362473-Medium-s-Curation-Guidelines-Everything-Writers-Need-to-Know

I was prepared to discuss what I found wrong or misleading about the article, but it looks like Medium's curation team got there ahead of me.
They don't have standards, they have an agenda and a narrative. What Medium did is called hypocrisy, but its their website they can do what they want, just don't claim its journalism. I could post up the Wiki on their biased founder which is the opposite of the Wiki of the author you posted and don't like, but Medium's actions speak for themselves.

Everyone loves a Medium.com article until it doesn't fit their narrative.

They don't have standards, they have an agenda and a narrative. What Medium did is called hypocrisy, but its their website they can do what they want, just don't claim its journalism. I could post up the Wiki on their biased founder which is the opposite of the Wiki of the author you posted and don't like, but Medium's actions speak for themselves.

Everyone loves a Medium.com article until it doesn't fit their narrative.
It's not that I don't like him, but his background explained the slant of his article. I was preparing to discuss some of that, but my source material ran away.

Please don't hold back on the reasons you don't like Medium.

What's your beef with Peter Alexander?

blam

SILVER
Good news is that China, Korea have passed the peak. So solutions are out there to be copied. Not necessary to try novel ways of fighting the virus. If we are still in this mode after 2 months, then our leaders really dropped the ball.

Waiting now for the next in turn: Italy to announce that new cases have peaked and on a downward trajectory for new cases/day.

blam

SILVER
Makes me realized how far we have come in the fight against viruses. I had almost forgotten that viruses are constant threats.

When growing up, I was lucky enough to be born after we had the polio vaccine. Thanks to Salk!

Got hit by German measles before elementary school. Was not born early enough to get this vaccine.

Chicken Pox was the rite of passage in teenage years. Everyone expects to get them. Got hit with it at 14.

Today, my kids don't even expect to get hit with any of these diseases and I had almost forgotten viruses are a threat. Corona virus is their first brush.

Another good news, vaccine deniers will be not cool anymore.

Soccer players in the early part of this century had to play soccer running the risk of getting small pox, polio viruses; how did they do it?

justneededaname

SILVER ELITE

I have never seen my neighborhood so active. There are people out everywhere; working in their yard, riding their bikes, kids on scooters. Every basketball hoop on the street has people playing a it. It is a beautiful, enjoyable weekend.

Maybe I am usually too busy running around on weekends to soccer, basketball, and volleyball to notice.

I have never seen my neighborhood so active. There are people out everywhere; working in their yard, riding their bikes, kids on scooters. Every basketball hoop on the street has people playing a it. It is a beautiful, enjoyable weekend.

Maybe I am usually too busy running around on weekends to soccer, basketball, and volleyball to notice.
Agree. Dinners at home with the family. Creative thought in the house again to come up with things to do. Quiet time in prayer. I'm also hearing about people still getting paid who are taking in a friend (e.g., restaurant worker) who got laid off.