Good Books for Goalkeeper Psychology

NOVA.Dad

SILVER
What are some good books for Goalkeeper Psychology, especially for dealing with mistakes and putting them behind you?

Thanks

What are some good books for Goalkeeper Psychology, especially for dealing with mistakes and putting them behind you?

Thanks
We found Soccer Tough by Dan Abrahams to be a pretty good starting point.

A personal favorite from my own time in sports is Mental Toughness Training for Sports by James Loehr but sadly out of print. Ahead of its time.

A personal favorite from my own time in sports is Mental Toughness Training for Sports by James Loehr but sadly out of print. Ahead of its time.

There is another book by the same author The new toughness training for sports...

Reactions: Yak
Not a soccer book at all, but the concepts are all about mental toughness, overcoming challenges, dealing with things outside your control, how to get through tough times: "The Obstacle is the Way" by Ryan Holiday. I sent it to my college keeper to read.

Would love to know if there are any GK specific books out there. Probably some biographies of great keepers?

Not gk specific but if the issue is self confidence or fear “the fearless footballer” by azaria. Did my kid a world of good. It’s focus is on building on on field persona particular in the face of struggling.

soccer tough is the other one which has been mentioned which I recommend.

Not gk specific but if the issue is self confidence or fear “the fearless footballer” by azaria. Did my kid a world of good. It’s focus is on building on on field persona particular in the face of struggling.

soccer tough is the other one which has been mentioned which I recommend.
Connor o’keefe and David Haynes also have episodes on their YouTube blogs specifically dedicated to goalkeeper mistakes

there’s a chapter in on it in the complete soccer goalkeeper by Tim mulqueen

if more radical intervention is needed you might consider my soccer mentor.com which teaches a systemic way to deal with these mental challenges but it’s expensive for what you get and not good for kids that are zoomed out or not self starters. You could also if you want to spend the big bucks go to a performance consultant like Ryan Carr.

Thanks, I got him this for Christmas. I'll give it a read too.

Back