Goats FC History?

Dominic

DA
Staff member
Can someone fill us in with all the Goats FC teams that have assembled over the years?

2015 03/04...……..very physical and we always played up and that pissed more folks off!!!!!

Lots of inquiries on how to play for a Goats FC team. Can someone answer questions regarding what teams currently exist or forming?

Historically, the teams were chosen from posters who were active on the forums and who’s posts were positive, light hearted and informative in nature. Who your DD was never played into it. One caveat is that they would not take more than 3 kids from the same team. This was all done prior to the “Roll Call” being formed.

My DD was a 2nd generation GOAT. This team was brought together by the same guys who started the inaugural GOATS team a year or so prior.

Thought about posting something, and maybe one day I will but I texted my buddy @Sombitch and this is what he posted on the 09 thread discussing Goats FC:

"Glad to see the Goats are still alive all these years later.

I don’t know who is on the current team.

I do know we set rules early on,...

Had to be an active poster
Had to not be a douche bag parent
First Goat experience was to be made on the 11 v 11 field
No coaching
Three player max from a team

Original team had kids from every level blades, CSC, blues, United, legends, PSA, infinity, Encinitas express, Albion, lasers, Wolfpack, etc.

So it was NOT an all Star team nor a flight one team.

This original team 00/01 has since all graduated - and is represented across the county and playing collegiately at the like of AZ st, Irvine, Fullerton, Vassar, Hawaii, Army, Wake Forest, Pacific, Marian, LMU, etc.

Along the way they won a few events until DA took over. A highlight was playing Baker Blues in a final and losing late 1/0. Highlight of that day and loss was the water balloons thereafter

Clearly not about wins and losses

The next group was 03/04 and they followed the same guidelines they took the green paint, beads, and costumes next level. Players came from Carlsbad lightning, beach, legends south, eagles, surf, NHB, SDSC, Arsenal, Fullerton, Slammers, etc

Again no all star team here.

DA too took its toll on this group as well

So hopefully these are still the same guidelines wearing ridiculous green cartoon goats jerseys and giving the ref an occasional Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh"

did the other Goats thread get deleted? i was gaining some good info on them. changed my mind on the subject.

Thought about posting something, and maybe one day I will but I texted my buddy @Sombitch and this is what he posted on the 09 thread discussing Goats FC:

"Glad to see the Goats are still alive all these years later.

I don’t know who is on the current team.

I do know we set rules early on,...

Had to be an active poster
Had to not be a douche bag parent
First Goat experience was to be made on the 11 v 11 field
No coaching
Three player max from a team

Original team had kids from every level blades, CSC, blues, United, legends, PSA, infinity, Encinitas express, Albion, lasers, Wolfpack, etc.

So it was NOT an all Star team nor a flight one team.

This original team 00/01 has since all graduated - and is represented across the county and playing collegiately at the like of AZ st, Irvine, Fullerton, Vassar, Hawaii, Army, Wake Forest, Pacific, Marian, LMU, etc.

Along the way they won a few events until DA took over. A highlight was playing Baker Blues in a final and losing late 1/0. Highlight of that day and loss was the water balloons thereafter

Clearly not about wins and losses

The next group was 03/04 and they followed the same guidelines they took the green paint, beads, and costumes next level. Players came from Carlsbad lightning, beach, legends south, eagles, surf, NHB, SDSC, Arsenal, Fullerton, Slammers, etc

Again no all star team here.

DA too took its toll on this group as well

So hopefully these are still the same guidelines wearing ridiculous green cartoon goats jerseys and giving the ref an occasional Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh"
I remember meeting the great one (Sombitch) for the first time at my first Legends Classic Invitational (U9) when I was a rookie soccer dad. I had No clue on how this bond would change my life forever :) Anyway, big time tournament and Legends decided to enter the Legends Combo Team with some of us Temecula folks. We were stacking the deck big time too because we were short on players (7x7) so we added his stud Carlsbad Lightning player who seemed to me that she could score at will. The Bitch was trying to calm me down even back then. I was so pumped to see how pissed off the other side was. I was shocked and laughing my head off. "That's not fair" "cheaters" "Medal Hogs" "all star players" "Blah blah blah Blah." I come from hoops. Get your 5 and lets go play. I was fascinated by the crazy parents who were whining and complaining all day because we were a "combo/mix" team at the Great Classic. I think these might be the same parents who took over the DA and get to start 25% of the time and threaten folks on the forum with being blacklisted, labeled club hoppers but I'm not sure. I liked this Sombitch guy though. He knew his stuff about soccer. Former D1 and I believe a little pro ball in Europe and a short MLS career. He told me at the end of the tournament to go check out the "SoCal Forum." My life changed forever that night. I go on the forum to the U9 thread "Legends Classic." My gosh, Legends Combo was not well received. In fact, some on the forum were calling out my little #7 for crying too much so she could draw the foul in the box after getting roughed up by girls two feet taller than her. Now you got me. I'm hooked and not too happy with one poster making fun of my dd. So back then, the forum was not positive. It was smack talk like Rome but with little kids and butt hurt parents. The coolest thing about the forum though is that poster is now my friend and our dds played GOATs together. He's nice dad who loves his dd and got a little carried away on the froum that day because his team lost. Kind of like I did last month. It was the forum folks who came to my rescue to help me in my time of need. I got a call from Sparky to set up a beer time with him and Keeper. Kicker was trying but I was too far gone. Sombitch "bitch slapped" me a few times and I got a little better. He made me wear a "douche-bag" (an obnoxious or contemptible bag, typically used for a man) over my head until I got off my obnoxious rants. I was still not out of the woods so 808 came over to my house for an intervention. Let me just say it worked. TY 808 for your tough love, the kind of love only a Marine could give. 808 is busy right now roaming the courts on the High School circuit. I hear his dd is a 3 sport athlete in HS and will be all CIF in all 3 soon. Give them hell brah!!!!! P.S. I hear Tech was ready to take me away for 30 days if 808 couldn't get through to me. Thanks Tech :) All the parents on this forum love their kids. That is not ever going to change. For a few days last weekend, a group of parents had control of what is a very messy and I might add, unhealthy youth soccer environment in SoCal where girls are not having some of the fun they need to have. That is a FACT!!!!! Keep it real folks and good luck this weekend whatever pitch the kids are on :)

I will say to all the Lurkering dads on here...…*Tread lightly. Coaches and team managers will tell you to never post on the forum or read the toxic stuff their saying about socal soccer. I remember a few baby goat dads not able to attend the 2nd annual Joy Fawsett Invite Only because Docs said, "NO!!!!"

*The SoCal Soccer Forum is like a strong ripe tide that can take a man out into the rough seas with no life guard on duty :(

So, I'm just curious; how does it work? the players get out of their club and form this "club" only temporarily to do some tournaments and then the "club" gets disbanded and everyone returns to their real clubs?

So, I'm just curious; how does it work? the players get out of their club and form this "club" only temporarily to do some tournaments and then the "club" gets disbanded and everyone returns to their real clubs?
GOATS is not a club. Basically girls get permission to play, send their player info to whomever is organizing the “Running of the GOATS” who registers for the event. Players grab their cards and waivers show up and play.

After the weekend they get their cards and go home.

Lots of inquiries on how to play for a Goats FC team. Can someone answer questions regarding what teams currently exist or forming?
Just GU9 right now. I think. Often they continue with posters with their younger children. Much like the team that played at Blues Cup.

GOATS is not a club. Basically girls get permission to play, send their player info to whomever is organizing the “Running of the GOATS” who registers for the event. Players grab their cards and waivers show up and play.

After the weekend they get their cards and go home.
Permission is an under statement Kicker!!! You have to go up to the coach and explain what your up too and do some persuasion if you know what I mean. Also, getting your dds playing card is super risky too. The team manager now knows what your up too and soon the whole team will know. "why do you go on the forum" "don't talk about our team" "the forum is for losers" "be careful with those dads and moms, their crazy" "you might get blacklisted by college coaches" and so on. GOATs should be a club IMO :) The other hard part is to find a dad or mom who has the determination and time to find a tournament a little light on fielding a complete bracket. Once you call around and ask if they have any late cancels, you drop "GOATS FC." "Sweet, another $1200 team fee." Everyone is happy until we all show up :)

Permission is an under statement Kicker!!! You have to go up to the coach and explain what your up too and do some persuasion if you know what I mean. Also, getting your dds playing card is super risky too. The team manager now knows what your up too and soon the whole team will know. "why do you go on the forum" "don't talk about our team" "the forum is for losers" "be careful with those dads and moms, their crazy" "you might get blacklisted by college coaches" and so on. GOATs should be a club IMO :) The other hard part is to find a dad or mom who has the determination and time to find a tournament a little light on fielding a complete bracket. Once you call around and ask if they have any late cancels, you drop "GOATS FC." "Sweet, another $1200 team fee." Everyone is happy until we all show up :)
Maybe for some. All I had to do was tell the Coach about the GOATS concept and he was 100% behind it.

Maybe for some. All I had to do was tell the Coach about the GOATS concept and he was 100% behind it.
Kicker without a doubt you had a safe environment and sounds very heathy. I bet for most it was hard but I could be wrong. I've been told I'm wrong by many experts in this industry so it won't be the last.

Do you believe in Miracles????? @Sombitch. Has this ever happened before?

Rank
Team Score
1 SLAMMERS FC PA [1] 29.12
2 CDA SLAMMERS FC HB CRUZ [4] 28.75
3 SC BLUES MULLIGAN [7] 28.48
4 LEGENDS FC [10] 28.28
5 SLAMMERS FC WEST MF [12] 28.23
6 GOATS FC [13] 28.21
7 EAGLES SC [15] 28.09
8 SLAMMERS FC MF [20] 27.66
9 BEACH FC R PEREZ [26] 27.41
10 LIVERPOOL RED [30] 27.20
First of all, Eagles Club is a class act. I haven't heard one complaint from any them. I'm sure if no GOATS FC team enters the Blues Cup (all those tournament points) they would have most likely been in the finals and be #1 in SoCal. War Eagles!!! Also, props to the ranking org for getting results out quickly. The SoCal Soccer Forum is buzzing in SoCal like it should right before the season starts. Good luck this week everyone :)

Back