GO3 Sign off - Best things I ever heard on the forums

As an outsider, reading this thread was fun - gives not only a glimpse of youth soccer a few years back when things were apparently more freewheeling, but even more interesting glimpse of the dynamics between personalities on this forum! . Who knows who. Who are old pals from the touchline. Who might just have a continuing rivalry…

Fun to read about the team of goats aka bad news bears aka might ducks…. Thanks for sharing your collective memories with this outsider
so agree!! I think I experienced FOMO...

You my friend were, and still are one of the good ones. Vaugn is such a sweetheart and helped my DD come out of her shell during her shy years. She was so gracious with teammates and competitors alike.

I’m up in your neck of the woods tonight as my DD qualified for CIF in the 400 and 4 x 400 relay. Competing tomorrow on Saturday at Carpinteria HS. Played at the Legends College Showcase today, track on Saturday and back to soccer on Sunday.

Even if we can’t get the girls back for a tournament with Goats, we need to have a Goats reunion!
I read this to my dd and her first response was “be careful”. She was doing the same thing her sophomore year which we think contributed to her ACL injury. She ran track and played on the DA. Tore her ACL in Colorado right before CIF Finals. Same thing happened to a Blues player a few months later. D4 has some good 400m runners. Be careful and make sure your dd doesn’t over do it.

I read this to my dd and her first response was “be careful”. She was doing the same thing her sophomore year which we think contributed to her ACL injury. She ran track and played on the DA. Tore her ACL in Colorado right before CIF Finals. Same thing happened to a Blues player a few months later. D4 has some good 400m runners. Be careful and make sure your dd doesn’t over do it.
Absolutely, thankfully her coaches on both sides have been very understanding of the need for recovery time and trying to avoid double practices, events. She missed a couple of track meets during league and missed 1 game for CIF so as to not double dip on the same day.

Absolutely, thankfully her coaches on both sides have been very understanding of the need for recovery time and trying to avoid double practices, events. She missed a couple of track meets during league and missed 1 game for CIF so as to not double dip on the same day.
Is she moving on to Finals this weekend? If so, good luck to her. We are hoping for cooler weather in Moorpark this weekend. My dd misses doing both, she loved it but she never wants to go through ACL rehab again.

I appreciated the posts from Casper, Tony Clifton and Chicken Run.

Anyway, here's what I've learned over the years --

1. A superstar u-Little Soccer Star may not always be a u-19 Soccer Star. Injuries/other sports/academics and boys often get in the way.
2. Not all u-19 Soccer Stars go on to play in college.
3. A Div 1 soccer program is not necessarily better than a Div 3 soccer program because there is no relegation between college divisions.
4. No matter how many parents read No. 3, every parent wants to say "My daughter is playing D1 soccer next year."
5. If you want your daughter to play Div 1 soccer, there are 333 Div 1 soccer programs across the US. You may not have ever heard of the school but at least it will be Div 1 soccer.
6. Obnoxious parents on the other team's sidelines may become your best friend when your DD switches teams.
7. Enjoy the journey and the time spent with your DD because it is over too fast.

Mic drop.

1. A superstar u-Little Soccer Star may not always be a u-19 Soccer Star. Injuries/other sports/academics and boys often get in the way.
3. A Div 1 soccer program is not necessarily better than a Div 3 soccer program because there is no relegation between college divisions.
4. No matter how many parents read No. 3, every parent wants to say "My daughter is playing D1 soccer next year."
5. If you want your daughter to play Div 1 soccer, there are 333 Div 1 soccer programs across the US. You may not have ever heard of the school but at least it will be Div 1 soccer.
6. Obnoxious parents on the other team's sidelines may become your best friend when your DD switches teams.
7. Enjoy the journey and the time spent with your DD because it is over too fast.

Mic drop.
#7 +1 great insights. If only u9 coaches had a crystal ball to know which kids would continue playing long-term and pour more energy into them early on. Many coaches say you have to see how puberty affects them and if they keep their speed afterwards to know what kind of player they will become.

Mic drop.
I’d like to add one to this list…..

- Remember, this is THEIR journey, not yours!

Late to this party Sparky but have to add that your lovely DW was almost the very first soccer parent I ever met in club. We crossed paths so many times over the years and I have enjoyed the journey, as has my DD. We weren't on the forums for the start of the Goat days but I'll never forget reading about the fallout from the Joy Fawcet event - you did it right! Given tenure, I think my little 'Fee' has played with at least half the girls on that 03/04 Goat team and against the other half! I wish you Sparky, your wife, and your DD all the best. These have just been the best memories!

My wife wrote this poem last night. It finally hit her that her she won't be watching her baby girl play HSS in the stands.

The Stands

Breaking up with the stands is hard to do and it hurts like hell.

You know it's coming but it's far off and you can always think about it tomorrow because tonight, you're in the stands.

Your friends are there, it's cold out and you're bundled up, sharing snacks, screaming your head off, "Referee!!"

You've cried in the stands, you've laughed in the stands, you've talked and yelled in the stands but most of all, you cheered your player on from the stands. Mine was #7!! And I cheered my heart out every time she stepped on that pitch.

And then it sneaks up on you, your last date with the stands. Like I said, you knew it was coming but suddenly it's here and you don't know how to say goodbye. The cheering has stopped, you share hugs and promises of "We'll see each other soon." The lights have dimmed and now it's time to leave the stands.

Sure, you might come back to catch a game or two but your player won't be there, not anymore.

The time has come to wave goodbye and really walk away...one last look, one last stomp, one last cheer, and then it's over. I'll never forget my time in the stands! I loved every minute of it!! - AFE

#lovemygirl #7 #classof2022 #soccer

My wife wrote this poem last night. It finally hit her that her she won't be watching her baby girl play HSS in the stands.

The Stands

You know it's coming but it's far off and you can always think about it tomorrow because tonight, you're in the stands.

Your friends are there, it's cold out and you're bundled up, sharing snacks, screaming your head off, "Referee!!"

You've cried in the stands, you've laughed in the stands, you've talked and yelled in the stands but most of all, you cheered your player on from the stands. Mine was #7!! And I cheered my heart out every time she stepped on that pitch.

And then it sneaks up on you, your last date with the stands. Like I said, you knew it was coming but suddenly it's here and you don't know how to say goodbye. The cheering has stopped, you share hugs and promises of "We'll see each other soon." The lights have dimmed and now it's time to leave the stands.

Sure, you might come back to catch a game or two but your player won't be there, not anymore.

The time has come to wave goodbye and really walk away...one last look, one last stomp, one last cheer, and then it's over. I'll never forget my time in the stands! I loved every minute of it!! - AFE

Live and love, what a great poem!

Felt the same way last year after 9 years consecutive years going to high school games for the young adults. Graduation in those stands gives you another chance to cheer and remember.

College games not the same vibe but still enjoying attending and hanging out with the crowd. Lucky for us some of us same families.

Good luck to your great daughter and family in the next phase of life.

Thanks for the memories

The Stands

i fear that day. don't know what i'll do.

Back