GK 1 v 1s

1 v 1 is one the most challenging factors for keepers (in my opinion). I love to see keepers defending their area as truly warriors. However, all these moves and attacks are quite dangerous if your keeper hasn’t been trained properly on this technique. The idea is to defend your goal in the safest manner possible.

I don’t think 1 v 1 will end up most of the times in a goal, as I read in one post above. In my experience with my son, he handles 1 v 1 so good, shutting down 80% of the plays with no problems.

I agree that majority of coaches have no clue on how to develop a keeper, unless your coach is a keeper (as mine), but I will say, encourage your son or daughter to get out the goal area and explore possible alternatives to improve.

I’ll share a highlight video of my son from last season. This 11 years old kid made a huge impact on his team success

Has he been injured yet?

It's very rare for goalkeeper to get injured defending 1 v 1. The most common cause of injuries I've seen is getting the balls out of the air on the corner kicks.

He has not been injured, neither other players.
When he was 7 years old, i remember he was kicked on his face. but that incident made him more cautious.

A severe injury (defined as one that knocks him out of play for a timer) can define his willingness to risk injury. All good adult keepers I know of have been heavily injured at one time or another - going back to Alan Mayer of the indoor Sockers, who was one of the first to wear a helmet after suffering multiple concussions.

1 v 1 is one the most challenging factors for keepers (in my opinion). I love to see keepers defending their area as truly warriors. However, all these moves and attacks are quite dangerous if your keeper hasn’t been trained properly on this technique. The idea is to defend your goal in the safest manner possible.

I don’t think 1 v 1 will end up most of the times in a goal, as I read in one post above. In my experience with my son, he handles 1 v 1 so good, shutting down 80% of the plays with no problems.

I agree that majority of coaches have no clue on how to develop a keeper, unless your coach is a keeper (as mine), but I will say, encourage your son or daughter to get out the goal area and explore possible alternatives to improve.

I’ll share a highlight video of my son from last season. This 11 years old kid made a huge impact on his team success

He's a little beast back there. Great timing and instincts. Enjoy this age while it lasts, dad. It goes by fast!

I've shared your video with ds to inspire him. awesome! My ds is so far this season is 100% straight on using the traditional method but much less on wings. Usually beat by a move or shot to far post which is why I'm introducing the crazy Ivan.

Back