Girls ECNL Playoffs - any news?

Can you point to specifically where he said they can play? I know US Club has guidlines/phases, but they refer back to state guidlines that supercede that. Last time I checked, we are in Phase 2 from the state. There is no believing things into reality here. I'm with you, in terms of hope, but given the timelines that currently exist and all the unknowns for Cali and specific counties I really don't think we're going to have any meaningful comp in July. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
That is my hope, not June. Small group week one. Bring other small groups and stay 6 feet a part and say hi and wave as the other groups run and wave bye bye week two. Week three get the whole team together and get physical. Week four, Let's play ball!!! ****If you're a parent and don;t feel safe, please stay home and wait until you feel saver.

That is my hope, not June. Small group week one. Bring other small groups and stay 6 feet a part and say hi and wave as the other groups run and wave bye bye week two. Week three get the whole team together and get physical. Week four, Let's play ball!!! ****If you're a parent and don;t feel safe, please stay home and wait until you feel saver.
P.S. Dubs, we will go guest play in Texas if we have too in August. I can;t let her lag behind too far and those Texas girls can play soccer in the heat. If Vegas opens up @vegasguy , can I pay you to do privates and practice with your squad? She is dying to play and I miss watching her play.

The longer were on hold the better the chance for some sort of end of the season party for the 2019-2020 teams. That is my rumor mill. Oceanside is the place to be in July and maybe Great Park. We can have a great showcase/playoff in front of many D1, D2, D3 and NAIA coaches that come and watch. Parents watch from hotel room streamline or somewhere at the fields on the jumbo tron :) After a gr8t celebration on life, the new 14 SW ECNL teams ((praying for 16)) that make up the 2020-2021 season can hold open tryouts and then the teams can be finalized by July 31st deadline.
Let's play ball!!

The longer were on hold the better the chance for some sort of end of the season party for the 2019-2020 teams. That is my rumor mill. Oceanside is the place to be in July and maybe Great Park. We can have a great showcase/playoff in front of many D1, D2, D3 and NAIA coaches that come and watch. Parents watch from hotel room streamline or somewhere at the fields on the jumbo tron :) After a gr8t celebration on life, the new 14 SW ECNL teams ((praying for 16)) that make up the 2020-2021 season can hold open tryouts and then the teams can be finalized by July 31st deadline.
Let's play ball!!
@Ellejustus you are really holding on to hope man! ITS highly unlikely for any type of tournaments in July/August. unless you go to Arizona. Great idea though with the jumbo tron but unfortunately its best that you send out your highlight tape to D1, D2, D3 and NAIA coaches to watch. Keep Hope Alive!

Let's play ball!!
And when NCAA moves in person recruiting freeze to November in the near future, then what? haha.

Respect your mindset but you won't be at a tournament until fall at the earliest but mostly likely 2021

And when NCAA moves in person recruiting freeze to November in the near future, then what? haha.

Respect your mindset but you won't be at a tournament until fall at the earliest but mostly likely 2021
Let's make a bet? I'm always down with being wrong. The more times you predict something, the more chances you're right. For example, I predicted the GDA would be toast. It is. I also said this and that and how this happen to IT and IT was wrong. I predict right here and right now some of us from the ECNL 2019-2020 season will get to close out something before August. I swear to the almighty I hope my bet is right but maybe you're right. I would put the odds at 10% in my favor so I need some help from a higher source that I tap into....lol!!! All we need is one college coach watching? How much you willing to wager?

Let's make a bet? I'm always down with being wrong. The more times you predict something, the more chances you're right. For example, I predicted the GDA would be toast. It is. I also said this and that and how this happen to IT and IT was wrong. I predict right here and right now some of us from the ECNL 2019-2020 season will get to close out something before August. I swear to the almighty I hope my bet is right but maybe you're right. I would put the odds at 10% in my favor so I need some help from a higher source that I tap into....lol!!! All we need is one college coach watching? How much you willing to wager?

Unfortunately you lose the bet this time my friend.... ECNL has now officially canceled the remainder of the 19--20 season including playoffs and showcases..... onward to 20--21 we go.....

Unfortunately you lose the bet this time my friend.... ECNL has now officially canceled the remainder of the 19--20 season including playoffs and showcases..... onward to 20--21 we go.....
He or her had their chance and now it's too late...oh well, I tried....lol!!!

Good to bet on stupidity like the GDA lol but not smart to bet vs scientists and doctors haha.

Let's just hope we all can play 11v11 games this fall! Honestly, I'm not sure that's a guarantee but that's my hope.

Is there a link to this announcement?

Banner at the top saying event cancelled.

Dear ECNL Players, Coaches, Families and Clubs:

For years, the ECNL has connected players, families, and clubs in a unique way, uniting people across the country in a shared experience within the youth game. Friendships that survive well beyond a season, and even a playing career, have been created. Memories that spark every kind of emotion have been forged.

While the memories of the 2019-2020 soccer season will be unlike any before, we have also seen great things we have never seen before - virtual team trainings, collaborative videos, motivational messages and fun images designed to unite and inspire. You have captured the passion for the game and importantly, the commitment to support each other. To see how the clubs and players in the ECNL have seamlessly moved from connectivity on the field to connectivity online has been inspirational. It is this collective commitment that will cause ECNL players, teams, and clubs to emerge from this period more focused, aligned and determined than ever before.

Since the suspension of the sport began in March, we have held out hope to be able to host a National Showcase this summer, as a celebration of the return of the game. At this point, however, while many medical trends are positive and the sport is slowly coming back in many areas of the country, it has become clear that it would be premature for the ECNL to host events this summer. With a heavy heart, we are therefore cancelling the 2020 Summer Showcase and the 2020 National Training Camp.

The cancellation of these events will hopefully mark a turning point as we begin to look forward to the 2020-2021 season. With the incredible dedication and work of health professionals everywhere, and the commitment of the American people, the curve has begun to flatten, and cities, counties and states across the country are beginning to “re-open” in a phased approach In some areas, soccer training is on the horizon.

While we now close the door on the 2019-2020 season, we are very optimistic for the 2020-2021 season. As we look forward to the fall, we are mindful that some things may change in the structure of competition, and some areas of the country may be in different phases at different times. We will be prepared to support our membership wherever they are, and in whatever phase they may be, through this process.

To facilitate the return of the game, and to support our members, the ECNL will be hosting a webinar to introduce the ECNL Return to Play Recommendations on Tuesday, May 26 featuring ECNL Chief Medical Advisor, Drew Watson, MD, MS, as well as attorney Tim Posnanski. During the session we will be sharing practical guidance to support a safe return to training in the club environment, and we will answer questions related to best practices. Recognizing the importance of this conversation, we will make this free and informative webinar available to all who are interested. Registration information will be available in the next few days.

Through this time, our league and staff have been incredibly thankful for the support of the ECNL community - for the players, families, teams, coaches, referees, administrators, and spectators that have made our league environment a special and unique place. We are fully committed to celebrating the return of the sport with you as we all begin to emerge from this pandemic, and doing so carefully, safely, and according to the guidelines and requirements of federal, state, and local authorities.

Please join us on May 26, and please keep your eyes focused on the horizon - our country, our society, and our sport will be back. Together we will continue to raise the game.

Sincerely,

Christian Lavers

I think this guy wants his balls washed..:)

Does anyone know if Surf Cup will be running a ID Camp a day before Surf starts? If so where can I find on the website?

Back