Girls DA vs ECNL

We'll definitely post if we are denied! We'll name names and all that! It's absolutely ridiculous that a coach can lie to your face repeatedly, take your -4K plus investment in your DD's future (for a single year) and then say something totally different.
By the way, we left because the hour ride home was really long with our dd in tears the entire way! It was a bit difficult to swollow the monetary loss, but now we are saving $ by not having to commute 2 hours to each practice. We've paid all club fees, team fees, volunteer fees, fundraising fees, etc. The club cannot deny us a request to transfer based on financials.

So, I pose the question, why might a transfer be denied? Why would any coach want to deny a child from continuing development at their appropriate level and position?

By the way, we left because the hour ride home was really long with our dd in tears the entire way! It was a bit difficult to swollow the monetary loss, but now we are saving $ by not having to commute 2 hours to each practice. We've paid all club fees, team fees, volunteer fees, fundraising fees, etc. The club cannot deny us a request to transfer based on financials.

So, I pose the question, why might a transfer be denied? Why would any coach want to deny a child from continuing development at their appropriate level and position?

I can only say from my experience in ECNL, it's also a big pissing match. We had looked to leave a club and were reminded, "very heavy handedly" that our release date was May 1. I agree, everyone should be thinking of the players best fit, but the clubs and coaches are more concerned about the bottom line and reputation. Sounds like your situation is not very pretty. I wish your DD the best in her future soccer club and career. Sorry you lost $$, but having your kiddo be happy and thriving, priceless.

I can only say from my experience in ECNL, it's also a big pissing match. We had looked to leave a club and were reminded, "very heavy handedly" that our release date was May 1. I agree, everyone should be thinking of the players best fit, but the clubs and coaches are more concerned about the bottom line and reputation. Sounds like your situation is not very pretty. I wish your DD the best in her future soccer club and career. Sorry you lost $$, but having your kiddo be happy and thriving, priceless.[/QUOTE

Huge pissing match! We are going to end up naming the biggest pisser as our dd is our youngest and last involved for the last 15 years

Best of luck JL. I don't know all of the background here, but I do hope everything works out best for you and your player.

I really wish all leagues, coaches, DOC's, Cal South, etc. would do what is best for the player, not the club. I realize that not everything is black and white, but when the player suffers due to a "club policy" or "gaming circuit policy", then things have gone wrong.

Let the kids play!

http://lagalaxysd.com/girls-da/

I just had a friend forward this to me. In LA Galaxy SD's DA FAQ's, they say the following:

"Q. Can players play high school or in outside competition?
A. Players can play in high school, however if they play in high school they will be excluded from DA events, regular season games and training during the high school season."

Is this possible and are clubs/players really going to be able to do this. Anyone heard this from their own DOC or coach? We were told that DA means no HS or outside sport, period! Just curious, because that is the biggest concern most players have when deciding between DA vs. staying with ECNL.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ah93rip3n7tajj9mhcn3amro5405rqoy
USSF Development Regulations say this:

"5. Academy Players currently registered with an Academy Club have committed to forgoparticipating in both the Academy and high school soccer. Players who participate in high school soccerare ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season. Only playerswho have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their clubs Academyroster during the high school soccer season. This waiver must be requested before September 4, 2015 tobe considered for the roster exemption.

Players registered with a Development Academy club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different Academy Club."

"Our" club says that the transfer can only be approved if we've relocated. The rules say that is only one of four things that the commissioner will consider in approving a transfer. #letthekidsplay

http://lagalaxysd.com/girls-da/

I just had a friend forward this to me. In LA Galaxy SD's DA FAQ's, they say the following:

"Q. Can players play high school or in outside competition?
A. Players can play in high school, however if they play in high school they will be excluded from DA events, regular season games and training during the high school season."

Is this possible and are clubs/players really going to be able to do this. Anyone heard this from their own DOC or coach? We were told that DA means no HS or outside sport, period! Just curious, because that is the biggest concern most players have when deciding between DA vs. staying with ECNL.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ah93rip3n7tajj9mhcn3amro5405rqoy
USSF Development Regulations say this:

"5. Academy Players currently registered with an Academy Club have committed to forgoparticipating in both the Academy and high school soccer. Players who participate in high school soccerare ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season. Only playerswho have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their clubs Academyroster during the high school soccer season. This waiver must be requested before September 4, 2015 tobe considered for the roster exemption.

Players registered with a Development Academy club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different Academy Club."

We heard this straight out of the Carlsbad's DoC's mouth.

We've invested tons of money towards ECNL, only to be lied to by the coach. Now, her DoC is trying his best to keep our dd from playing, citing that transfers can only be approved if you have relocated. I urge everyone to understand the commitment that they are making to ECNL and read the rules (they were posted a few weeks ago, not very helpful for our situation). However, if your dd is ECNL, she can't even step on a tryout field for a club that is both Academy and ECNL except during a two month ECNL approved window!

We heard this straight out of the Carlsbad's DoC's mouth.

We've invested tons of money towards ECNL, only to be lied to by the coach. Now, her DoC is trying his best to keep our dd from playing, citing that transfers can only be approved if you have relocated. I urge everyone to understand the commitment that they are making to ECNL and read the rules (they were posted a few weeks ago, not very helpful for our situation). However, if your dd is ECNL, she can't even step on a tryout field for a club that is both Academy and ECNL except during a two month ECNL approved window!
I know of a few ECNL players who have transferred mid-season. If you are NOT a headache parent, leave in good terms, and both DOC's approve the transfer it can happen.

I can only say from my experience in ECNL, it's also a big pissing match. We had looked to leave a club and were reminded, "very heavy handedly" that our release date was May 1. I agree, everyone should be thinking of the players best fit, but the clubs and coaches are more concerned about the bottom line and reputation. Sounds like your situation is not very pretty. I wish your DD the best in her future soccer club and career. Sorry you lost $$, but having your kiddo be happy and thriving, priceless.

The problem is that she is not happy and thriving. She just wants to PLAY! A certain club is permitting her from doing so!

I know of a few ECNL players who have transferred mid-season. If you are NOT a headache parent, leave in good terms, and both DOC's approve the transfer it can happen.

That's what we were told. In fact, the "new" club suggested that we work with our team manager because their family had just gone through this process. Sigh!

Your coach, DOC or both are just being a jerk!
Coach is the DoC! You have no idea what a jerk he has been! We very nicely told him that our daughter was not happy and our intentions to leave. He responded with a nasty e-mail! This will all be shared soon, as this DoC lied to our face repeatedly and his e-mail to us proves it!

And when you are wanting to leave a club, you are usually upset! We took great care to communicate nicely! #dumbfounded #DoCtobenamed

Back