Girls 04 DA

Does anyone know the showcase schedule for 2017 - 2018 and location? I apologize if it's been mentioned before but with the 125 pages of previous discussion about about DA, I couldn't find it. Thank you!
Summer showcase is in San Diego/Oceanside next few years. Spring I believe in Florida but don't believe 04s need to attend

http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-2018-da-event-schedule

Winter Showcase: Boys' (U-16/17, U-18/19) November 30-Dec 4 ; Girls' (U-15, U-16/17, U-18/19) December 6-10
Premier Sports Campus; 5895 Post Blvd, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34211

• Boys Age Group Play Dates
    • U-16/17 Play Dates: Dec 1, 2, 4
    • U-18/19 Play Dates: Nov 30, Dec 1, 3
  • Girls Age Group Play Dates TBA
Girls' Spring Showcase: April 6-10, 2018 | U-14, U-15, U-16/17
Location TBA in April, 2018
  • Girls' Age Group Play Dates TBA
Summer Showcase & Playoffs: Boys' (U-15, U-16/17, U-18/19) - June 18-24; Girls' (U-14, U-15, U-16/17, U-18/19) - June 25-July 1, 2018
Surf Cup Sports Park, 1455 El Camino Real, Del Mar, CA 92014
SoCal Sports Complex, 3302 Senior Center Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056

• Boys' Age Group Play Dates TBA

Hello Academy Clubs,

The Development Academy is pleased to announce that the scholarship application is now open for the 2017-18 season.

ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

Thanks to the generosity of the U.S. Soccer Development Fund Circle members and donors, the Development Academy is able to provide financial assistance to Full-Time players in the U-13 through U-18/19 age groups. The scholarship program is open to both Boys’ and Girls’ Academy club members, and is designed to offset travel costs for players demonstrating financial need, including transportation to/from practice, travel to Academy Showcases, hotel accommodations, etc.

Access to the scholarship application can be found here. The information requested is for internal review and will be kept confidential. Please make sure that all files being uploaded during the application process include the player's name and club name for easy identification.

As a reminder, the Development Academy’s expectation is for all clubs to work with their players and provide additional financial support when needed to ensure access to participate in the Academy program.

PROCESS & TIMELINE
  • Deadline to apply: Friday, September 8, 2017 at 11:59pm CT
All applications must be fully completed and submitted electronically, and include valid copies of 2016 (or 2015 if applicable) tax returns. Partial applications will not be considered.
  • Scholarship recipient announcement: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
The Development Academy staff will review all applications and communicate final decisions directly to the club.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-2018-da-event-schedule

Winter Showcase: Boys' (U-16/17, U-18/19) November 30-Dec 4 ; Girls' (U-15, U-16/17, U-18/19) December 6-10
Premier Sports Campus; 5895 Post Blvd, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34211

• Boys Age Group Play Dates
    • U-16/17 Play Dates: Dec 1, 2, 4
    • U-18/19 Play Dates: Nov 30, Dec 1, 3
  • Girls Age Group Play Dates TBA
Girls' Spring Showcase: April 6-10, 2018 | U-14, U-15, U-16/17
Location TBA in April, 2018

Summer Showcase & Playoffs: Boys' (U-15, U-16/17, U-18/19) - June 18-24; Girls' (U-14, U-15, U-16/17, U-18/19) - June 25-July 1, 2018
Surf Cup Sports Park, 1455 El Camino Real, Del Mar, CA 92014
SoCal Sports Complex, 3302 Senior Center Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056

• Boys' Age Group Play Dates TBA
Thank you all for the response. Very helpful.

Certain DA teams in Yellow are Pushing hard - chasing a lot of girls who play in red and black ...they are making a lot of promises ... we will see if they hold true ... once final season is over we will see what happens once the smoke clears ... going to be interesting year for sure.
Seeing the Legends DA roster curious how many good players stayed on the 04 Arsenal team from last year?

Seeing the Legends DA roster curious how many good players stayed on the 04 Arsenal team from last year?
We took a major blow with many of our top players going to Legends, but we maintained some very good players from last year's National Cup winning team. We still have one of the top 04 goalies at this age group; who I believe was recruited hard to sign there, but elected to stay. We also added a few players that are filling in the pieces. We'll be competitive. ECNL vs. DA is still a comparison in the making. Come January, we will have more answers than questions regarding the debate.

Always a pleasure to compete against you guys! Wish the best of success this year and a good home for all of our girls. Agree it's a transition and all of us are just trying to do the best we can with all the changes. We need to support and be honest with one another.

Re: Arsenal

1/2 our team ended up at Legends due to DA / Transition - close to 1/3 of DA Legends teams are former Arsenal players ... Arsenal 2.0 ... smile

The Arsenal team will still be competitive, but we did take a major hit ... and won't be as dominant as in years past

Personally we elected to stay and wait it out to see where things settle ...to many unknowns for us.

RB develops good players and I believe that will continue but - Non the less it will definitely be an interesting year.

Re: Arsenal

1/2 our team ended up at Legends due to DA / Transition - close to 1/3 of DA Legends teams are former Arsenal players ... Arsenal 2.0 ... smile

The Arsenal team will still be competitive, but we did take a major hit ... and won't be as dominant as in years past

Personally we elected to stay and wait it out to see where things settle ...to many unknowns for us.

RB develops good players and I believe that will continue but - Non the less it will definitely be an interesting year.
Is the the Arsenal team that played in the Surf Cup a couple of weeks ago the same team that will be playing ECNL, or did those girls leave to Legends after the Surf Cup? I must say that the Arsenal team that was at Surf is the toughest and most athletic group of girls our team has seen all year.

Is the the Arsenal team that played in the Surf Cup a couple of weeks ago the same team that will be playing ECNL, or did those girls leave to Legends after the Surf Cup? I must say that the Arsenal team that was at Surf is the toughest and most athletic group of girls our team has seen all year.

Yes & no ... The Team that was at Surf Cup this year is the remaining Team with the exception of one of our Strikers... were still pretty good team, competitive for sure ... but the team prior to that Won National Cup was a top premier team which was stacked with talent, hence the talent raid by Legends DA and Others

Yes & no ... The Team that was at Surf Cup this year is the remaining Team with the exception of one of our Strikers... were still pretty good team, competitive for sure ... but the team prior to that Won National Cup was a top premier team which was stacked with talent, hence the talent raid by Legends DA and Others
Wow. It's scary to think that the team had more talent before. Still a really good team after losing all that talent, which is a testament to the coach and the remaining players. Good luck this year!

Wow. It's scary to think that the team had more talent before. Still a really good team after losing all that talent, which is a testament to the coach and the remaining players. Good luck this year!

Thanks a very talented team for sure ... such is the nature of Club Soccer "Peaks and Valleys" And yes RB develops good players many of them get college looks, scholarships and have played on the National teams... see you on the pitch... good luck this year and have fun

Thanks a very talented team for sure ... such is the nature of Club Soccer "Peaks and Valleys" And yes RB develops good players many of them get college looks, scholarships and have played on the National teams... see you on the pitch... good luck this year and have fun
The Arsenal team was very good last season but I don't recalled them before the age change 2 years ago? Was that team playing on the older side/up that year- U12? 2 years ago had Blues, Strikers, Slammers Cerritos in the U11 mix...

The Arsenal team was very good last season but I don't recalled them before the age change 2 years ago? Was that team playing on the older side/up that year- U12? 2 years ago had Blues, Strikers, Slammers Cerritos in the U11 mix...

Yes, many of the 04's were playing up into ECNL Teams

For Sure ... RB is a great recruiter and player developer ... team will be ok for sure ... but you always hate to see players leave especially when you have a great team ... such is the landscape of club soccer

Name a kid RB trained who played on a National Team

Name a kid RB trained who played on a National Team
Hmmmmmm, I can't think of anyone but there might be?

Gotta be careful here too IMHO. There are coaches that "poach" players already on the US Soccer watch list and when those kids are called into camps, those coaches take credit for it. It's a nasty practice and clearly shows the true intentions (self promotion) and poor character of the coach.

He's probably trained the same amount as another person who claims his championship team wasn't recruited in totality. Just saying...no reason to throw stones because in reality I know of one and only one 04 squad who is about 50 percent or greater the same than who it was 2015-2016. 2016-2017 onward I can name three and one is a joke because it was 100 percent recruited from geographically distant people. Hats off to CBAD for home growing and developing their girls and not recruiting, poaching, promising. I have to say it's pretty cool in light of the business of youth soccer and I know they catch a lot of grief but it says something to have a coach that dedicated to a group.

Back