Game Recording

Honestly not sure of the company. We got a link to HUDL where all the videos were uploaded. seemed like their quality was a bit better than the Trace camera.

Honestly not sure of the company. We got a link to HUDL where all the videos were uploaded. seemed like their quality was a bit better than the Trace camera.
Yep the games were put on Hudl. Good quality. I was curious about the Royals were using so looked it up. VEO. Cool tech.

I have to say HUDL for basketball is pretty amazing. Daughter has been playing varsity basketball as a freshman and I'm able to see her clips of rebounds, steals, turnovers, points, and assists as it has an option to select individual players. Each game is videoed with an Ipad, uploaded to HUDL, they do the rest of the work. Game available 24 hours after upload. Even gives stats.
dl
Having said that, anyone ever use it for soccer? I'm also not sure what the cost of their service is, and not sure what it provides.
Every DA game was recorded and was uploaded to Hudl.

Every DA club made their own decision on how to record (then it was uploaded to DA/Hudl). Veo is cool, but you can't livestream with it. Raw video has to be uploaded to Veo so their algorithm can stich it together.

For folks using Traceup: What are it's shortcomings (besides price)? Does it live up to all of the promises (i.e. are the tracers / maps / directions /speed accurate)?

I wanted to thank everyone for all the info. I'm working setting team videos for a couple of ECNL teams in Austin. We intend to use Hudl which the Coach has used in the past, but we don't have a camera man at the moment. I would prefer not to be one. I have a Soloshot3 after a few years of attempting to do it myself via several video camera setup. The Soloshot does great for an individual player but obviously not the right solution for team video. I wanted to list out a few options I've found so far and just put them out there for comment. The requirements so far is that it needs to be mobile, provide high quality video so players can create highlights, ability to upload to Hudl would be good, and a nice to have is the live stream feature. I don't know if the live stream is a hard requirement since it will surely consume anyone’s data plan quite quickly and nothing is really unlimited when they start throttling the data usage.

Veo - Picture Quality sounds be good - Sounds like you can upload to Hudl
TraceUp - Understand Picture Quality is Not Great - heard complaints about the accuracy of stats - Can you upload?
Provispo - Looks Interesting but out of Netherlands
Spiideo - Another option from Europe (Swenden) - Not sure how good the Mobile solution will be

This year, our team is also looking for an automatic AI recording system. After much research on systems, and availability here in the US plus information from vendors, we narrowed it down to Veo and TraceUp. Here is my own short summary.

Both systems: easy setup, AI recording (no camera person needed), NO livestreaming, download full game footage after system game processing
Veo - good pricing (1st year $2400, $1500 thereafter), good picture quality by using 4k lenses (but I think final video after processing is 1080@30p), frequent feature updates on software, multi-sport and multi-team recording (think equipment sharing/renting), records indoor and other sports also.
TraceUp - expensive ($3.3K per year), lower picture quality (720@24p), frequent feature updates on software, great player stats keeping and tracking using GPS tiles for each player, their system automatically generate EACH player's touches in the game (think highlight without editing).

For coaches, they like TraceUp because of the stats and player touches. The ability to click on one single player and check his/her in-game play is very valuable to coaches for game analysis. For some parents, they like it also, because the system already clipped player highlights with human editing.
For other parent like me, I prefer Veo for its lower cost and higher quality game footage. After watching both system's video recording, in my opinion, Veo is much much better. You can also share the equipment with other teams to lower the overall cost.
Our team still have not made a decision on the system yet. Best of luck on your search.

Thanks for the breakdown. The camera quality is a pretty big issue. I have seen some Veo video and haven’t been blown away, but it sounds like Traceup is worse.

BTW - That Veo price looks like Club pricing (which can be used for unlimited number of teams and games).
Traceup, however, looks like the team level (aka Elite) pricing. While it does allow for unlimited games, I’m not sure if you can move the trackers among different teams. They have a Custom pricing option that probably has extra trackers and is most likely more expensive, but it’s a custom quote.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the info. I'm working setting team videos for a couple of ECNL teams in Austin. We intend to use Hudl which the Coach has used in the past, but we don't have a camera man at the moment. I would prefer not to be one. I have a Soloshot3 after a few years of attempting to do it myself via several video camera setup. The Soloshot does great for an individual player but obviously not the right solution for team video. I wanted to list out a few options I've found so far and just put them out there for comment. The requirements so far is that it needs to be mobile, provide high quality video so players can create highlights, ability to upload to Hudl would be good, and a nice to have is the live stream feature. I don't know if the live stream is a hard requirement since it will surely consume anyone’s data plan quite quickly and nothing is really unlimited when they start throttling the data usage.

Veo - Picture Quality sounds be good - Sounds like you can upload to Hudl
TraceUp - Understand Picture Quality is Not Great - heard complaints about the accuracy of stats - Can you upload?
Provispo - Looks Interesting but out of Netherlands
Spiideo - Another option from Europe (Swenden) - Not sure how good the Mobile solution will be
based on some quick calls
Vendor (all portable)VEO (Team)VEO (CLUB)Provispo (Sports Cam Control)Provispo (Sports Cam Action)
Camera Setup2X 4K 0.5 Fields2X 4K 0.5 Fields1X 4K 7 M Full (PTZ)1X 4K 7 M Full (PTZ)
Recording Resolution4K4K4K4K
Download Resolution1080x920 30 fps1080x920 30 fpsUNKUNK
Tactical PerspectiveYesYesYesYes
Game Mode PerspectiveYesYesYesYes
Internal Storage5 Hrs5 Hrs6 Hrs6 Hrs
Battery Life5 Hrs5 Hrs6 Hrs6 Hrs
Upload Time (3 MBPS)1 Game 1.5 Hrs1 Game 1.5 Hrs1 Game 1.5 Hrs1 Game 1.5 Hrs
File Size6 GB6 GB2 GB2 GB
File FormatMP4MP4MP4MP4
Device ControlApp on PhoneApp on PhoneProvided TabletProvided Tablet
Live Stream CapableIn WorkIn WorkYesYes
Live Stream CompatibilityIn DevelopmentIn DevelopmentAgnostic (FB, YouTube, Etc)Agnostic (FB, YouTube, Etc)
HUDL CompatibleYes after ProcessingYes after ProcessingYes after ProcessingYes after Processing
Interface with UnitWifiWifiWifiWifi
WaterproofYesYesYesYes
Cloud StorageUnlimited with SubscriptionUnlimited with Subscription1 Season1 Season
Access To ContentVeo Portal All PlayersVeo Portal All PlayersSingle User (send out)Single User (send out)
HW Cost
$799​
$799​
All Included $2,250​
All Included $1,350​
TriPod Cost
$250​
$250​
$0​
$0​
Subsciption Cost Yearly
$1,140​
$1,500​
$0​
$0​

based on some quick calls
Vendor (all portable)VEO (Team)VEO (CLUB)Provispo (Sports Cam Control)Provispo (Sports Cam Action)
Camera Setup2X 4K 0.5 Fields2X 4K 0.5 Fields1X 4K (7M back from sideline) Full (PTZ)1X 4K (7M back from sideline) Full (PTZ)
Recording Resolution4K4K4K4K
Download Resolution1080x920 30 fps1080x920 30 fpsUNKUNK
Tactical PerspectiveYesYesYesYes
Game Mode PerspectiveYesYesNoNo
Internal Storage5 Hrs5 Hrs6 Hrs6 Hrs
Battery Life5 Hrs5 Hrs6 Hrs6 Hrs
Upload Time (3 MBPS)1 Game 1.5 Hrs1 Game 1.5 Hrs1 Game 1.5 Hrs1 Game 1.5 Hrs
File Size6 GB6 GB2 GB2 GB
File FormatMP4MP4MP4MP4
Device ControlApp on PhoneApp on PhoneProvided TabletProvided Tablet
Live Stream CapableIn WorkIn WorkYesYes
Live Stream CompatibilityIn DevelopmentIn DevelopmentAgnostic (FB, YouTube, Etc)Agnostic (FB, YouTube, Etc)
HUDL CompatibleYes after ProcessingYes after ProcessingYes after ProcessingYes after Processing
Interface with UnitWifiWifiWifiWifi
WaterproofYesYesYesYes
Cloud StorageUnlimited with SubscriptionUnlimited with Subscription1 Season1 Season
Access To ContentVeo Portal All PlayersVeo Portal All PlayersSingle User (send out)Single User (send out)
HW Cost
$799​
$799​
All Included $2,250​
All Included $1,350​
TriPod Cost
$250​
$250​
$0​
$0​
Subsciption Cost Yearly
$1,140​
$1,500​
$0​
$0​
quick correction ...

Looks like the Provispo units you mentioned (Control and Action) are permanently mounted, which won't suit my needs. The Veo is mast mounted which can be used on road games, and isn't terribly bulky. If Livestream feature is coming, it would be a game changer - IMO.

The Provispo Sportsmast looks like the unit that would work better, and looks to be a much bigger deal to lug around.

Those are all pretty amazing systems right there, to be almost autonomous is rad, at the showcase's this past year there were quite a few of them up and around all alot of the green unit ones, must have been teams or the company farming prospect.
For my videos , I like having more of a personality to them, Zooming in and having range is key...I personally don't like watching a game from too far,
I have always pieced together towers or units and have had major success and during quarantine lets just say I may have made my favorite combo ever. Ive help 7 of you with your towers , when your ready to upgrade DM me and I'll send you the info
Ability to go up to 27 ft in the air , about 80% aluminum so very light weight.
I look forward to filming your guys and girls games as always this season.
be safe ...hit me up when your ready.
IMG_3111.jpgIMG_3112 2.jpg

FYI: I reached out to Provispo regarding the portable solutions and received the following response:

We deliver different mobile solutions. I will summarize them for you down below.

• SportsMast Control costs €1999 once (exclusive vat) and €25 per month for support, service and 24/7 remote control. The monthly costs for service are optional and have to be decided by the client itself.
    • SportsMast 7,3 meter
    • SportsCam Control
    • SportsCam Tablet
    • SportsMast Bag
    • Wifi connection
    • Portable power charger (5-6 hours recording)

• SportsMast Action Cam costs €1499 once (exclusive vat) and €25 per month for support, service and 24/7 remote control. The monthly costs for service are optional and have to be decided by the client itself.
    • SportsMast 7,3 meter
    • Action Cam
    • SportsCam Tablet
    • SportsMast Bag

I will explain the difference between these two solutions to you.

The SportsMast Control is a 7 meter portable mast with a SportsCam Control. This is a remote control camera on top. The camera is connected through wifi with your tablet, notebook or even your mobile phone. The live feed will show up on your device and you are able to control the camera remotely, record and playback the video. Sit on the bench, stand on the pitch or go wherever you want in reach of the camera and record your match or trainings session. Capturing the feed into Nacsport, SportsCode, Longomatch and Dartfish etc. live by a wireless connection with the SportsCam Control and you can do real time analysis and give feedback to your team directly.

The SportsMast Action Cam is a 7,3 meter mast with an Action Cam on top. The camera is connected through wifi with your device, this can be a phone tablet or laptop. The live feed will show up on your device. Unlike the SportsMast Control, you cannot control the Action Cam remotely. The Action Cam has to be controlled manually through a stick that is mounted on the SportsMast to record your match or trainings session. When recording is finished, you can take out the sd card and put it on your device to send the video directly to other platforms like Sportscode, NacSport, Longomatch and Dartfish etc.

The DJI Ronin SC gimbal is on sale ($279, down from $439), and I took the plunge. That, along with a 4 meter light stand creates a very cost efficient way to get up higher and remotely pan/tilt (and possibly zoom if your camera is compatible). About $360 all in, and you can obtain high(ish) vantage points with control from your phone or even an xbox/playstation remote.

DJI Ronin
Neewer HD Light Stand

If you really want to get up higher, for another $220, you can get a 20 foot tripod instead. I didn't go this route because it only supports 5 lbs, and if I swap out my DSLR camera, it will be over 5 lbs with the gimbal.

Glide Gear TST 20' Tripod

Those are all pretty amazing systems right there, to be almost autonomous is rad, at the showcase's this past year there were quite a few of them up and around all alot of the green unit ones, must have been teams or the company farming prospect.
For my videos , I like having more of a personality to them, Zooming in and having range is key...I personally don't like watching a game from too far,
I have always pieced together towers or units and have had major success and during quarantine lets just say I may have made my favorite combo ever. Ive help 7 of you with your towers , when your ready to upgrade DM me and I'll send you the info
Ability to go up to 27 ft in the air , about 80% aluminum so very light weight.
I look forward to filming your guys and girls games as always this season.
be safe ...hit me up when your ready.
View attachment 7743View attachment 7742
Is that a Christian Hosoi board I see in the background???

The DJI Ronin SC gimbal is on sale ($279, down from $439), and I took the plunge. That, along with a 4 meter light stand creates a very cost efficient way to get up higher and remotely pan/tilt (and possibly zoom if your camera is compatible). About $360 all in, and you can obtain high(ish) vantage points with control from your phone or even an xbox/playstation remote.

DJI Ronin
Neewer HD Light Stand

If you really want to get up higher, for another $220, you can get a 20 foot tripod instead. I didn't go this route because it only supports 5 lbs, and if I swap out my DSLR camera, it will be over 5 lbs with the gimbal.

Glide Gear TST 20' Tripod
Very cool. Pardon my ignorance- But how to you control the pan and tilt from 15 feet up?

Back