Game fixing

Actually, they played as, and it is being reported as Carlsbad Elite, so the SDA people probably won't be able to figure it out. It is a good thing that they are changing to LAG San Diego next season. I wonder how many people will think the name change is a reaction to the situation...even though it was announced months ago.

Curious where the OP went. I normally get very involved in threads I start. But anyway...

I think we need to re-remember this was a top .1% (2/2000 - did I do that right?) team. This is not about how we teach out kids. If that is an issue please don't have them watch the pros. This is not a win at all costs view. This is a do no extra work view.

Wow, you don't get it. YOU are missing the point. Conspiracy means they planned it out and agreed to do it together = FALSE. I have heard what their instructions were before the game and at halftime.

You say an opportunity for another team to advance was taken away = FALSE. Just because there is still a mathematical chance does not mean it's really a chance. 4 goals. FOUR! Carlsbad had to win by FOUR for the other team to go.

Without some sort of planning or instruction, kids would NEVER have played this way. I know this team, they are competitive and competent. They would never just STOP PLAYING unless instructed. You are again ignoring how bad the actual game film is. This little bit really doesn't do the farce justice: http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...parently-fixed-a-match-at-a-tournament-072916. Were the instructions "go out and kick the ball around for awhile and then kick it to the other team until the game is over"? If not, then the players blatantly disobeyed the coach, who didn't move or say anything the whole game. No one believes that regardless of how many times you repeat it.

An opportunity was taken away. It's not false. It may have been unlikely, but entirely possible if LA Galaxy SD decided to actually try to play. Has that team never scored 4 goals in a match? Somehow, I think they have.

People expect these dirty tactics and little respect for the game from a 3rd division pro league but not at the youth level. And to have the clubs deny and deflect when there is damning video is just despicable.

Truth talking about respect again. Funny...again, here's one of his super respectful to the game quotes he posted earlier: "People still call it a "National Championship" when all the top teams are in ECNL?" Keep the respect rolling, Truth. One class act.

Without some sort of planning or instruction, kids would NEVER have played this way.....
Maybe you skipped over my last post (they are the .1%) or maybe you underestimate the brains of 17/18 year old women.
They don't need a coach at the game. If they do - they are not the .1%.

After you asked for clarification on my question and I gave it - did you give me your response on what should be done and how you would justify it to, say USYSA?

Maybe you skipped over my last post (they are the .1%) or maybe you underestimate the brains of 17/18 year old women.

Don't tell him that, because everyone knows they can't be in the .1% if they're not ECNL.

I had an opinion on this, but I'd rather keep my personal views off the map. All in all, this is a crappy situation for everyone involved and indirectly involved, and nothing can really be done now. While the Syracuse team had a chance to put fate in their own hands, it sucks that they weren't able to get through due to suspected collusion. It sucks for Carlsbad and their players because people will use this situation to negatively portray the club as a whole, and their players were unnecessarily brought into the public eye. It sucks for Ambassador for the same reason. It sucks for US Youth Soccer because they have to clean up a mess/their reputation even though this all wasn't directly their fault. It sucks for all of us because we wasted our time arguing over a cause that can't be fixed (unless firing a coach or disqualifying a team after the event already occurred qualifies as "fixing" the situation).

In the end, everyone learns from this, life goes on, and hopefully our kids continue to play "the beautiful game" as it was intended to be played.

Truth talking about respect again. Funny...again, here's one of his super respectful to the game quotes he posted earlier: "People still call it a "National Championship" when all the top teams are in ECNL?" Keep the respect rolling, Truth. One class act.

Deflect, deny, distract. Keep it going.

The game film is bad. But what's worse is the club is basically selling out the players. If there was no collusion, then it's the players' fault, and the coach did nothing to correct.

After you asked for clarification on my question and I gave it - did you give me your response on what should be done and how you would justify it to, say USYSA?
Again, I have been on the sidelines with both Carlsbad (LA, Galaxy, San Diego) coaches, and they coach the crap out of all their games. So this is the one game they stayed out of? Really?

Again, I have been on the sidelines with both Carlsbad (LA, Galaxy, San Diego) coaches, and they coach the crap out of all their games. So this is the one game they stayed out of? Really?
What coaches do is not what I posted about. I posted that national finalist 17 year old girls don't need a coach in the game to figure out what my DD figured out at U12 tournaments. DD had yelling coaches and silent ones. Does not matter. But these finalists 17 year olds can't figure that out? Really?

An opportunity was taken away. It's not false. It may have been unlikely, but entirely possible if LA Galaxy SD decided to actually try to play.

No way any team does this ... Not in 109° heat index when guaranteed a semifinal spot. That's the truth.

I have given a ton of thought to this and I am becoming more and more split on what I think.

Was it against any written rule/law of the game? That doesn't seem to be the case. So the Carlsbad/Ambassadors FC defenders can always fall back on this and as much as many of us don't like it, they are correct.

However, what really bothers me is the fact that I have not seen 1 person involved in the match that has come out and said - "Wow, we really didn't think it was a big deal, but in hindsight the match should not have been played in the manner it was. If we had to do it all over again, we would not do the same thing. I would like to apologize to our players, parents, club, other clubs involved in the competition for our actions. While we still contend that no rules were broken, the manner in which the match was played goes against everything we try and teach our youth players."

I could live with this - but no one has even come close to saying this. Instead both sides are coming out with basically, "Nothing to see here...this happens all the time...USYSA was fine with it."

I think the real story lies somewhere in the middle.

I have given a ton of thought to this and I am becoming more and more split on what I think.

Was it against any written rule/law of the game? That doesn't seem to be the case. So the Carlsbad/Ambassadors FC defenders can always fall back on this and as much as many of us don't like it, they are correct.

However, what really bothers me is the fact that I have not seen 1 person involved in the match that has come out and said - "Wow, we really didn't think it was a big deal, but in hindsight the match should not have been played in the manner it was. If we had to do it all over again, we would not do the same thing. I would like to apologize to our players, parents, club, other clubs involved in the competition for our actions. While we still contend that no rules were broken, the manner in which the match was played goes against everything we try and teach our youth players."

I could live with this - but no one has even come close to saying this. Instead both sides are coming out with basically, "Nothing to see here...this happens all the time...USYSA was fine with it."

I think the real story lies somewhere in the middle.

Exactly. Own up to your mistakes.

Instead, it's been a nonstop barrage of blaming Syracuse, denying anything is wrong, then ultimately blaming the players. Poor showing.

Back