GA Showcases

Since there is no GA section I thought I would post this here. Looks like the plan is 2 showcases, a playoff/showcase event and finals. No word on how many showcases clubs have to attend.
View attachment 7772
GA website is up and I’d say that whoever is behind it is doing a great job. GA is the real deal and I predict the league will give ECNL a run for it in terms of drawing coaches and scouts’ interest.

Would be great to see a GA vs. ECNL Finale!!

Yes the GA does seem to be off to a good start, and has been very organized. I also like the idea of this Player Advisory Panel, although it will take time to see how it plays out and if players actually end up with any sort of collective say in league matters. The theory seems sound though. "The GAAP Provides the players a formal way to advocate for the collective voice of the players through a governance pathway to the GA Board." We shall see.

GA website is up and I’d say that whoever is behind it is doing a great job. GA is the real deal and I predict the league will give ECNL a run for it in terms of drawing coaches and scouts’ interest.

That would certainly be awesome - too many adults in the way though

"GA is the real deal". What is that statement based on? A website? Players aren't even back on the field yet..... making predictions is totally cool but I'd advise caution before stating GAL will be able to compete with the ECNL given what happened to the federation-backed DA....... for the record it's great to have alternative leagues and more choices for kids so I hope GAL sticks around but my prediction is it isn't going to rival ECNL anytime soon but hopefully over time it is able to attract top players and succeed..... :)

I don’t think the ECNL National events schedule is out for next year year, but I wonder how much overlap there will be?

Here is the ECNL schedule for 2019-2020

GAL would be smart to avoid conflicts as much as possible to attract more coaches.

I'm cautiously optimistic about GA. They have been doing a good job of promoting the leagues since its inception. Until we can get on the field and play games no one really knows how it will turn out. I'm really hoping the showcase in November at Silverlakes happens. That will be the first big test.

No question GA League is in good hands in year one. If the top teams in the SW conference do play their best teams in ECRL (Legends and Beach) and get an invite to ECNL, does GAL let them be in both? Also what other clubs are candidates to jump to ECNL if they expand by 10-15 teams in 21/22 season?

If ECNL expands I’d expect the clubs who are first in line to be the clubs who are in regional league this year. The 4 CA clubs, plus FC Virginia & Sporting Blue Valley.

And then off course Top Hat if that ever gets sorted out behind the scenes.

"GA is the real deal". What is that statement based on? A website? Players aren't even back on the field yet..... making predictions is totally cool but I'd advise caution before stating GAL will be able to compete with the ECNL given what happened to the federation-backed DA....... for the record it's great to have alternative leagues and more choices for kids so I hope GAL sticks around but my prediction is it isn't going to rival ECNL anytime soon but hopefully over time it is able to attract top players and succeed..... :)
Who cares, seriously. Both leagues will get attention, girls will go to college,some won't, parents will pay a ton of money for both and will argue their league is the premier, most talent laden league in the world.

But we will all opine and that's what this place is for. I hope both leagues make it. Plenty of quality GA clubs/players across the country. If the GA doesn't for whatever reason, I hope ECNL does the right thing, because they didn't this time around.

ECNL will certainly undergo dilution this year until playing on the field is sorted out.

But for now, let's argue wholeheartedly about which league is better, cuz that's fun.

[/QUOTE

Fair enough futboldad1... in part my prediction is based on quality of organizations that came together to give it a crack, the leadership group at team that my daughter plays for, and good reputation of other member teams. I think the idea of empowering player-representatives from each teams is pretty forward thinking. Wish they would try to secure a member of local WPSL teams, or National Team players from each region as a mentor / aspirational lead.

I'll be frank - we used to be with a big ECNL juggernaut and there was just a sour tone there...girls were supremely snipey like their sh** din't stink, and a coach who was big on yelling put-downs at players during play... I'm sure all clubs aren't like that. But funny how we're all influenced by our personal experiences. If that experience is different from the broad reputation, it's still hard to get past it. First impressions...

Who cares, seriously. Both leagues will get attention, girls will go to college,some won't, parents will pay a ton of money for both and will argue their league is the premier, most talent laden league in the world.

But we will all opine and that's what this place is for. I hope both leagues make it. Plenty of quality GA clubs/players across the country. If the GA doesn't for whatever reason, I hope ECNL does the right thing, because they didn't this time around.

ECNL will certainly undergo dilution this year until playing on the field is sorted out.

But for now, let's argue wholeheartedly about which league is better, cuz that's fun.

We all care which is why we here. my 04 dd is weighing her options as shes very good but not necesarily top top to make ecnl drive worthwhile. but I dont agree ecnl is going to be 'certainly diluted' at all, that seems silly to say and many of the top DA players have joined ecnl clubs, so its more concentrate with talent than any league has been since 2016. it would have been diluted if they had let in every ex-DA club, many struggled bad

Geez, good luck if you're in the northeast! Those folks have to make do with regional showcases I guess.
Or you travel to a showcase for the two times it actually matters.

Northeast is crowded with colleges. There is a good chance the regional events will do what you need.

ECNL is not undergoing dilution. Just the opposite. Former DA players are joining ECNL teams in waves. How is that dilution? The DA folded. ECNL picked up teams (Surf and Real So Cal for example) and players.

ECNL is not undergoing dilution. Just the opposite. Former DA players are joining ECNL teams in waves. How is that dilution? The DA folded. ECNL picked up teams (Surf and Real So Cal for example) and players.
Far more girls play ECNL now than before DA existed.

That is fine by me. A larger league with less travel is a good thing. But I am honest enough to call it dilution.

Does anyone know when ECNL and GA will come out with schedules? I have heard both start in August. If true, how will GA and ECNL teams play Surf Cup?

Back