GA Playoff

Beach 06 was close. Finished 4th in league but did not have enough games to qualify. Covid restrictions kept them from going to final game in Las Vegas.
I thought top 3 in each league qualified. What does number of games have to do with anything?

I thought top 3 in each league qualified. What does number of games have to do with anything?
That could be right. All I know is what was told to us. Message from GA to to club to coach to team could have been or become unclear. Looking teams in playoff it does look like top 3. Beach had to forfeit last game because club did not allow teams to travel out of state. The teams there deserve to be there. And we will be rooting for them. It is just to bad that the players did get to make that decision.

With Beach pulling out of GA there was no reason for GA to bend. Makes more sense for them to support/promote clubs that are staying.
I've heard the rumor but you know how rumors go - Once the ECRL season ended, Beach played their ECRL team in the final weeks of the GA. They won some lost some, had close games but have been told it was a different team. Apparently confirmed by an 06 parent who's DD is close friends and YNT peer of a Beach player.

Gotta luv the politics of youth soccer. If it's true, I feel bad for the 2nd team that played in the GA all year and kinda shady on Beach's behalf. If not true, shame on a parent for starting a rumor (but not surprising). If they qualified, they should have been allowed to play, just like the Utah Royals are taking their contingency of teams to the playoffs. Let the girls play out their season.

Silly either way.

I've heard the rumor but you know how rumors go - Once the ECRL season ended, Beach played their ECRL team in the final weeks of the GA. They won some lost some, had close games but have been told it was a different team. Apparently confirmed by an 06 parent who's DD is close friends and YNT peer of a Beach player.

Gotta luv the politics of youth soccer. If it's true, I feel bad for the 2nd team that played in the GA all year and kinda shady on Beach's behalf. If not true, shame on a parent for starting a rumor (but not surprising). If they qualified, they should have been allowed to play, just like the Utah Royals are taking their contingency of teams to the playoffs. Let the girls play out their season.

Silly either way.
Here to tell you it ain’t true!

Whoever told you this has no clue….

Silly either way.
Didn’t know my dd was actively playing GA. She never told me. Hmmm….

Silly either way.
My kid is on the Beach 06 GA team. They did have some guest players at the end because players left the team and players were sidelined with injuries. I think two came from Beach 06 DPL team based in Long Beach and two from Beach 06 Discovery or Flight 1 teams in South Bay. No players came from the Beach 06 ECRL team. Some of the GA players had a chance to guest for the ECRL team, but not the other way. The team forfeited the final game. Of the eight games before that they won 7 and tied 1. Most games were close and won by just 1 goal. The team struggled before that. Over all it was a fun season and the kids were happy to play.

Damn, would have made a juicy rumor. Glad it isn't true.
I think the most important aspect for kids to the develop to play with mixed ages. Coaches should always invite older kids to practice with their teams. I had a 13year old play with my men's team and of course a few years later he became one of top players in high school. No licensed coach or youth organization or soccer academy can develop a player like the way you can develop a kid by having him or her play with older, faster and better players, which is really what street soccer did for kids, playing with mix ages...

I think the most important aspect for kids to the develop to play with mixed ages. Coaches should always invite older kids to practice with their teams. I had a 13year old play with my men's team and of course a few years later he became one of top players in high school. No licensed coach or youth organization or soccer academy can develop a player like the way you can develop a kid by having him or her play with older, faster and better players, which is really what street soccer did for kids, playing with mix ages...

There are goods and bads. It has to the right player. A less confident player becomes a kick away and hide player. There should be inter-age trainings but not for every player in the club. Remember street baseball, soccer, and basketball.. the fat kid became a catcher, keeper and quit and sometimes drives players away. At 13 a child is not developed body wise so you should not generalize. +

Back