GA Playoff

This has been a really well run event. Great competition with dozens of D1 coaches watching select playoff games. Mia Fishel and Jill Ellis in attendance over the weekend as well.

Probably the best live streamed mass tournament as well. Streamed in 1080p over 20+ fields without many outages. That's not easy to do.
Yes and it doesn’t hurt that college coaches have been cooped up and happy to get out again! Dozens lining all sides of fields.

This has been a really well run event. Great competition with dozens of D1 coaches watching select playoff games. Mia Fishel and Jill Ellis in attendance over the weekend as well.

Probably the best live streamed mass tournament as well. Streamed in 1080p over 20+ fields without many outages. That's not easy to do.
Good for them. The GA needed to get this right, for many reasons.

Streaming just makes sense and makes for happier family members who couldn't make the trip.

On a more selfish note, ,the AZ teams played well in at least two age groups. The 05s from Royals and Del Sol move on to the quarters (will play each other). The 06 Del Sol team played well but did not advance on goal differential, losing in that aspect to a team they beat. The other age groups (02/03 and 04s) played average. Always hard to travel with 02/03 players at the end of a season. Many are ready to get on with life after HS

Good for them. The GA needed to get this right, for many reasons.

Streaming just makes sense and makes for happier family members who couldn't make the trip.

On a more selfish note, ,the AZ teams played well in at least two age groups. The 05s from Royals and Del Sol move on to the quarters (will play each other). The 06 Del Sol team played well but did not advance on goal differential, losing in that aspect to a team they beat. The other age groups (02/03 and 04s) played average. Always hard to travel with 02/03 players at the end of a season. Many are ready to get on with life after HS

Outside of the 05s, not a lot of joy for the SW division unfortunately. Do the other teams not know we are the center of the soccer universe?

I hope they fare better than the Nov ECNL event. SW needs to regain some respect!
In NOV the conference could justifiable say they weren't at full stride yet. Covid impacted training/playing. I expect better this time around. With that said, plenty of good soccer coming out of NJ, VA, etc. Hopefully they change their mind and stream games.

I hope they fare better than the Nov ECNL event. SW needs to regain some respect!
Well, if we ALL didn't have to go through the toxic war of age change and the battle for league supremacy ((dads pissed off that their little girls team got poached by other Docs)) the last few years, we would be champs!! Socal would be top, no question. Once the list got into the wrong hands, all hell broke loose in socal. Talk about a dam busting. "Hey you, ya you, we got you want you want over here...lol" 90% of the players and coaches have been club hoping from one league to another the last few years. Instead of 8 top socal teams getting better every year and all the poaching that came with it, we now have over 20+ top teams in socal. I see good and bad and the good out weighs the bad. Yes, it would be good to only have 8 teams and let the poaching continue for those that benefited with that model. However, the turf wars would continue. Based on the GA and all the positives I'm hearing about playoffs, its good to have two top leagues. I have respect for SW players in all leagues because all these girls have been through a lot of crap and so have the parents ((the customers)) and most of the coaches.

Another SW team is headed to NC. 05 Royals from AZ beat Del Sol 3-1 to advance.
Nice work by those ladies. It's been a great rivalry. I believe this is the first time in 3-4 years that the 05 Royals team have won a game against Del Sol. Always a great game with Del Sol usually coming out on top. Great timing to have a break through win against their arch rivals from over the years. I hope they carry momentum into NC.

Back