GA, ECRL is there a difference??

I don't know much about the circumstances, but I'm confident that it was not about the $. DA folding and more say in/control over club/team decisions seems far more likely.
Before bringing on Mike W Sharks leadership (Shannon M + others) was at a crossroads. Rumor is that ECNL told the club to stop sucking so much or you're out. If this is true Mike held all the cards in the negotiation because if they didn't bring someone like him on leadership was screwed. I'm sure $$$ and control were provided as part of the deal. For Mike as long as he has enough control there's no downside. He's proven that he's able to produce winning teams at multiple clubs. He gets to play at the highest level and can control his own destiny. If you look at the situation objectively DMCV Sharks have always been a diamond in the rough. ECNL, central SD location, surrounded by parents with $$$. What's held them back is poor coaching and leadership. With Mike W as the Girls DOC both will be addressed over time.

I'm sure a large number of players jumped from Albion to Sharks following their coach. But I'm also fairly certain it was because of the opportunities an ECNL club offers.

I just remember last year LVSA absolutely destroying teams in DPL. They got GA this year and figured they would do the same. According to YSR they are top in most Girls age groups for this year. Guess we will see.

The reason they are top ranked on YSR is precisely because they blew out very poor dpl opposition…..ysr rewards blowouts and wins of any nature so after U-13 it becomes increasingly unreliable as strength of schedule for say Heat ECNL is way tougher to get wins and blowouts………

Also the above post about sharks being warned about being so bad so get better or they lose ecnl is true……

Also the above post about sharks being warned about being so bad so get better or they lose ecnl is true
I felt sorry for them last yr when we played them. It was at the end of the yr. No subs, etc.

Played them today again. They barely got past midfield all game. Zero subs. Beat them 6-0. Starters mainly took a break 2nd half.

Saw another of their teams on the next field. Don't know the outcome. I just noticed they had 2 subs.

I felt sorry for them last yr when we played them. It was at the end of the yr. No subs, etc.

Played them today again. They barely got past midfield all game. Zero subs. Beat them 6-0. Starters mainly took a break 2nd half.

Saw another of their teams on the next field. Don't know the outcome. I just noticed they had 2 subs.
If you don't mind me asking, what age group?

Every club can have a bad weekend with the level of ecnl being so tough…. or a certain team or two at a club can have a bad weekend…..but when it’s every team at the club every weekend every season its not good…..and how are the Sharks rosters short handed when all other club ecnl teams is carrying 18-22?!?!

Death, taxes and DMCV losing……

The Sharks will never be a competitive ECNL or ECRL club. Their name is synonymous with losing now, and will be forever. Hire whomever you want, the culture will remain the same. A club with no fields will never compete. They will be kicked from ECNL by 2024.

I'm still confused about West Coast Girls side going all in GA but the boys having ECNL...

Boys and girls ECNL are treated totally independently.....WCFC are too weak on the girls side to be admitted to the ECNL......like Albion they had some promise when they had DA but that promise is long gone.......

I'm still confused about West Coast Girls side going all in GA but the boys having ECNL...
Well, they put their best team in GA last season and did not get the results. I believe they have now put their best team in ECRL, they win it then they have a case for ECNL.

Well, they put their best team in GA last season and did not get the results. I believe they have now put their best team in ECRL, they win it then they have a case for ECNL.

I think they went all in GA (girls) correct me if I'm wrong... I don't think they have a girls team in the ECRL which is odd because I thought they were stronger than the Pats but I don't know besides a few age groups if that is true.

I don't think that every club that dominates ECRL will get ECNL, certainly not after just one season.....they'd need to do it at least consecutive seasons and I just don't think West Coast have the horses to do that.......Beach and Legends were clearly a special case / politics......both belonged in the ECNL and it was an open secret they'd get it......

But yes Footy30 is right that they are not in the ECRL anymore.....just Pats still trying which I really don't see happening either but it might as there's room fro one more to make 18 I guess......

Back