GA, ECRL is there a difference??

ECNL, hands down. I am sure there are some good GA teams, but
1 - SDSC will lose their best players to Surf, Rebels and Sharks
2 - Albion - same as SDSC
3 - City - same as SDSC but far enough north they will also lose some players to Blues, Slammers, Strikers, et al
4 - Do not know enough about this club
5 - West Coast - will lose players to all the great park practicing ECNL teams,
6 - Murrieta - will lose players to SD and OC ECNL teams + Legends

If you are comparing GA to ECRL it will be more of a team by team comparison and it will change year by year.
There are a lot of good kids, playing quality soccer at each level. And for a variety of reasons. Best of luck and an injury free season to everyone.
At this point, I don't think there is any debate on if encl is the strongest girls league in SoCal and nationally.

As far as ecrl vs ga, I agree with a previous post that would've given the edge to ga last year. However, ecrl is probably a better option now with the reduction of ga clubs in SoCal combined with several of the top ga players leaving for ecnl or even ecrl this year. Ga teams in SoCal will still get some quality games in at their national events, but the league games should be stronger overall in ecrl. However, there are probably still some circumstances that would lead me to prefer a ga team over an ecrl team for my dd. For example, I could see choosing a Doug Swanson coached west coast ga team over many (most?) ecrl teams.

At this point, I don't think there is any debate on if encl is the strongest girls league in SoCal and nationally.

For example, I could see choosing a Doug Swanson coached west coast ga team over many (most?) ecrl teams.

You hit on a key point here in my opinion. I think it's important to consider that you're getting 2nd team coaches with ECRL, which aren't always the greatest depending on the club. With GA your often looking at a club's top coaches, with names like Swanson at West Coast, Lalor at Albion and Walker at City for example. Not to mention more of a club's attention and resources. Coach, team, league, club, in that order.

You hit on a key point here in my opinion. I think it's important to consider that you're getting 2nd team coaches with ECRL, which aren't always the greatest depending on the club. With GA your often looking at a club's top coaches, with names like Swanson at West Coast, Lalor at Albion and Walker at City for example. Not to mention more of a club's attention and resources. Coach, team, league, club, in that order.
1. ECNL
2. Top tier ECRL teams
3. GA
4. Bottom tier ECRL/discovery teams/ all other semi academy programs.

1. ECNL
2. Top tier ECRL teams
3. GA
So you're saying that all GA teams can beat bottom tier ECRL teams. Sorry this is not the case. There might be a couple of "good" GA teams in the Southwest division but theres a larger number of poor GA teams. Also all GA teams are going to get picked over by ECNL clubs year over year.

1. ECNL
2. Top tier ECRL teams
3. GA
Maybe, but it still probably depends on age group and coaches for me. I should also say that I don't think being on the ecrl team is a real advantage to making that club's ecnl team. The ecnl coach will take the best player if they have a spot to fill next year, regardless of what club they play for this year.

So you're saying that all GA teams can beat bottom tier ECRL teams. Sorry this is not the case. There might be a couple of "good" GA teams in the Southwest division but theres a larger number of poor GA teams. Also all GA teams are going to get picked over by ECNL clubs year over year.
Well, in southwest, there aren't a "large number" of ga teams period. Don't kid yourself, many of those ecrl teams are bad and have even worse coaches. And similar to ga getting picked over by ecnl, so will ecrl...both leagues are going to have a problem keeping top players in SoCal.

Well, in southwest, there aren't a "large number" of ga teams period. Don't kid yourself, many of those ecrl teams are bad and have even worse coaches. And similar to ga getting picked over by ecnl, so will ecrl...both leagues are going to have a problem keeping top players in SoCal.
I agree with everything that you've stated. However getting picked to play on a ECNL team when you're ECRL should be a goal when you're playing ECRL. Also ECNL changed the rules this year and ECRL players can play ECNL games any time of year. GA players would have to register as Discovery if they wanted to do ECNL/RL and theres only 4 per age group.

Plenty of ECRL teams (especially for girls) that are just money making machines for the club. The talent is not as good as some discovery teams. It’s very tough for an ECRL player to make it to ECNL. ECNL teams will recruit from other ECNL or GA teams before they go to ECRL. I know of many situations where clubs had to get an ECRL team added regardless of the talent.

I agree with everything that you've stated. However getting picked to play on a ECNL team when you're ECRL should be a goal when you're playing ECRL. Also ECNL changed the rules this year and ECRL players can play ECNL games any time of year. GA players would have to register as Discovery if they wanted to do ECNL/RL and theres only 4 per age group.
It would be interesting to see some stats at the end of the year on the number of ecrl players who got any meaningful minutes in ecnl this year. I am sure there will be some, but think it will be pretty rare.

Yes, ecRL vs GA. The question was never ecNL vs GA.
I think it depends on the club and the area. If you are ECRL you are second team with all that comes with. You do not get the best the club has to offer and are treated as very replaceable. If you are GA you do get the very best coaches and resources the club has to offer and are treated very well. Development wise I would pick GA over ECRL for those reasons. In Vegas LVSA appears to be the strongest club and they are GA. Their teams would be competitive in SW ECNL.

I think it depends on the club and the area. If you are ECRL you are second team with all that comes with. You do not get the best the club has to offer and are treated as very replaceable. If you are GA you do get the very best coaches and resources the club has to offer and are treated very well. Development wise I would pick GA over ECRL for those reasons. In Vegas LVSA appears to be the strongest club and they are GA. Their teams would be competitive in SW ECNL.

So in the 2009 age group Las Vegas Surf has a GA team and a Discovery team? I believe the Discovery team just won the Blues Cup beating the Blues 09 ECNL team.

On the girls side LVSA is strong in only one age group right now, 03/04. The 07's were good but the top 2 players are now playing full time for a SW ECNL team. The rest of the age groups are average or less and definitely not the strongest in Vegas.

On the girls side LVSA is strong in only one age group right now, 03/04. The 07's were good but the top 2 players are now playing full time for a SW ECNL team. The rest of the age groups are average or less and definitely not the strongest in Vegas.
I just remember last year LVSA absolutely destroying teams in DPL. They got GA this year and figured they would do the same. According to YSR they are top in most Girls age groups for this year. Guess we will see.

Back