GA departures

With due respect.....with far fewer ECNL roster spots than there is demand....it will be the coaches who choose, not you...
Well she already got offered a spot on an ecnl club and declined. If shes good enough when it means something, the slots will still be there.

I get what you're saying though but it would be foolish to pull her from a place where shes developing and learning to love the game than to jump to an ecnl team for the reason being ecnl vs ga. We all know the coaches will want the talent if shes still good enough.

Has it been 3 years already? Man, time flies!!

I don't think you are a dumbass for letting your girl play on a GA team. But it is possible that you are one for not understanding my post.
I understand your post, you're the typical "my kid plays on the top team in the top league" parent. It's usually not what's best for your kid, but what's best for your ego.

At the age being discussed, for most kids and parents there are far more important factors than the "top league". In fact, "top league and/or top team" is subjective based on geographical location and available spots.

I have friends who play in SD County, which is a perfect example. SD County has 3 ECNL clubs (Surf, Sharks and Rebels) and 3 GA clubs (Albion, City and SDSC). From my experience, Surf, Albion, City and SDSC all put out solid teams, whereas Rebels and Sharks are weak. So for many, it becomes 3 GA practices a week down the street with friends or ECNL w/o friends 30-60 minutes one way across the county. At this age, keeping soccer fun, convenient, competitive, and most of all with friends is wise and not a bad way to go.

Most kids don't care much about which league, parents are a different story.

GDA did not do better than ECNL. That is 100% a crock Happy. First, no playoffs for U14 kids. That was so stupid and lame. Second, no hs soccer allowed unless you had money and a waiver. Super stupid and probably one of the reasons that league was not better than ECNL and why it failed. Third, they used the YNT List as a carrot to sucker folks to their league. That was stupid and not fair to kids who were either far away from the GDA or were forced to make a move and go to another team that had GDA sign in the front window. I understand loyality but most kids had to transfer teams and then again and again. The soccer was weak and watered down. End of story!!!

That's right, no playoffs for U14...If you want to win medals, and trophies, and t-shirts, play somewhere else at that age. U14 is a great age to be exposed to more quality training, less but more quality games, and some exposure to a system style of play.

GDA didn't fail because it was bad soccer, it failed because of incompetent management.

The YNT carrot will now be used by ECNL, and why not.

I suppose if U14s weren't winning championships then the soccer was weak and watered down.

Incompetent management and some very bad coaches and destructive DOC's. You can't make a blanket statement about the DA being good or bad for soccer. Some of the clubs did a good job and some were a train wreck, took thousands of dollars from hopeful parents and players that were sold a bill of goods with no return on that investment. Many players were threatened with YNT hopes and changed clubs to be on a DA team. Those clubs that did a good job with the DA were already solid clubs doing a good job in ECNL before the DA arrived. The DA was 100% a crap show for some. Having a good solid coach is important. But what is most important, if your player wants to play NCAA soccer is a club coach has connections with college coaches and a solid reputation in terms of recruiting. It is also crucial that the team be playing in the high competitive level so that college coaches will come to watch the games. If you go to Vegas cup and your team is a lower level playing on the field out in the boonies away from the action no college coaches will show up; 100% guaranteed on that fact.

That's right, no playoffs for U14...If you want to win medals, and trophies, and t-shirts, play somewhere else at that age. U14 is a great age to be exposed to more quality training, less but more quality games, and some exposure to a system style of play.

GDA didn't fail because it was bad soccer, it failed because of incompetent management.

The YNT carrot will now be used by ECNL, and why not.

I suppose if U14s weren't winning championships then the soccer was weak and watered down.
Wrong and more wrong. Happy, are you in on the inside? Do you have a stake in the game? You make zero sense to me. U14 and no playoffs or any game that matters? What sugar toast are you eating from? That is not a good winning forumula. This MOO and dont get all sad Happy. Lastman agrees with you as well. You guys, competition is super important and winning is super important to teach at 14. I'm still shocked at some of you. BTW Happy, only the old ODP was the best way. ECNL has not and will not use The List like GDA did. That was the only thing they had dude. Nothing else, trust me. Come on man......

Incompetent management and some very bad coaches and destructive DOC's. You can't make a blanket statement about the DA being good or bad for soccer. Some of the clubs did a good job and some were a train wreck, took thousands of dollars from hopeful parents and players that were sold a bill of goods with no return on that investment. Many players were threatened with YNT hopes and changed clubs to be on a DA team. Those clubs that did a good job with the DA were already solid clubs doing a good job in ECNL before the DA arrived. The DA was 100% a crap show for some. Having a good solid coach is important. But what is most important, if your player wants to play NCAA soccer is a club coach has connections with college coaches and a solid reputation in terms of recruiting. It is also crucial that the team be playing in the high competitive level so that college coaches will come to watch the games. If you go to Vegas cup and your team is a lower level playing on the field out in the boonies away from the action no college coaches will show up; 100% guaranteed on that fact.
100% fact bro. Good job 43. Lay it out flat out I say. Speak the truth even when it hurts.....

Experience will drive bias and opinion. Every league shares the attributes you just laid out. Up to the parents to figure it out. No doubt the GDA was disruptive, it was supposed to be. And you are right, solid DA clubs were already solid clubs, that was the point.

Coaches, connections, environment, and level of competition - you are so right. I keep saying it's silly for clubs in CA to play in any type of national league, you guys don't need em.

Wrong and more wrong. Happy, are you in on the inside? Do you have a stake in the game? You make zero sense to me. U14 and no playoffs or any game that matters? What sugar toast are you eating from? That is not a good winning forumula. This MOO and dont get all sad Happy. Lastman agrees with you as well. You guys, competition is super important and winning is super important to teach at 14. I'm still shocked at some of you. BTW Happy, only the old ODP was the best way. ECNL has not and will not use The List like GDA did. That was the only thing they had dude. Nothing else, trust me. Come on man......
The inside of my house? yep. Winning is important, but so is learning how to play. ECNL is already using "the list", as is the GA, and others. They've always used the list. The GDA just had a more direct pathway, that was the intent. It's why they harvested the best clubs in the country.

Athletes know the importance of winning way before they are 14. Its' why they compete. When you get all the GOATS together, you have to teach them how to win and lose.

Can someone please clarify-
Legends and Beach are both apparently fulfilling their 1 season commitment to the GA and next season, start with ECNL.

They’re apparently playing their top team in ECRL and second team in GA.

But WCFC is playing top team in GA and second team in ECRL...

I heard WCFC’s ECRL team took a beat down- something like 10-0 from both Beach and Legends.

Do those clubs have flexibility to shift who plays who so they could pit best on best from each club instead of a walkover?

Legends and Beach are both apparently fulfilling their 1 season commitment to the GA and next season, start with ECNL.

I heard WCFC’s ECRL team took a beat down- something like 10-0 from both Beach and Legends.

Do those clubs have flexibility to shift who plays who so they could pit best on best from each club instead of a walkover?
That sucks big apples bro. Listen, it's about hat trick city bro. Goals & more goals for the stars. I think socal is a little lopsided right about now. You have The Haves, who have it all and then you have The Somes, who have very little. I could go on and on but I wont. Heading up for game #3 in a row. I will let you know how mask are going in silver lakes.

In 2006 at least WCFC 1st team is GA and 2nd team is ECRL. Not sure about other age groups but think it’s the same.

Beach 1st team is ECRL. The score vs WCFC ECRL wasn’t 10-0. Beach hasn’t moved players between ECRL and GA so far this season. I think they could if they wanted to since each league is run as part of a different parent org.

I believe that Pats has 1 team playing both GA and ECRL or at least has some players cross-rostered but not sure all players are cross rostered.

It's kinda like the wild wild west with. Late summer/early fall the Legends teams traveling to AZ for GA play were the second teams When they brought teams to AZ for President's Day Tournament, the teams were a mix of ECRL and GA players, mostly ECRL .. I guess at the end of the day, they are getting their games however and whenever possible.

Looks like Colorado Rapids will be in both leagues
Saw that. Wonder what's driving clubs to place teams into two national platforms. Not a bad thing I suppose. I don't really get into which league is better discussion - it's usually which league is better for you and your player..

Saw that. Wonder what's driving clubs to place teams into two national platforms. Not a bad thing I suppose. I don't really get into which league is better discussion - it's usually which league is better for you and your player..

I agree. It looks like Rapids are doing the same on the boys side with teams in MLS Next and ECNL.

Back