GA 2020-2021 Season

Anyone play on or against the 05 Legends team? Trying to get a gauge on how they are doing.

Hard to really tell how any so cal team is doing because the number of real games varies so much in league and because you don't know how often any team is able to really practice/scrimmage....some are following the rules more closely than others. If you can't really play and you are a team with a lot of turn over its hard to find your way....but here are the 05 league standings:

But this is Legends second 05 team, right? Isn't their top team playing ECRL?
I think this is accurate. The scores for their latest matches in AZ were too one sided in favor of AZ GA teams. Close games last year, this year they were not close, losing both games by a wide margin. During the last DA (2020) season, Legends split games with the AZ teams and both games were close.

Oh boy! stand by for an influx of people trying to shame teams like they did the Surf cup teams. Go play it will be good. They have been playing in 45 states in the country and no issues

Honestly, I think clubs and parents are waiting to see what comes out of the Surf Cup. There are already stories of players, families, teams who have reported cases of Covid associated with travel to AZ or being involved in Surf Cup. I don't think you can point the finger directly at the event but perception, chatter, and hearsay can influence.

For most, Surf Cup was a driving event. For many, Round Rock will be a flying event. To many, flying is scarier than driving, especially since airlines are not cramming people in again. We flew back in JUL/AUG on an empty place, round trip, recent travel, planes were nearly full. Even for those that believe air travel is safe (like me), a full plane makes you pause.

Honestly, I think clubs and parents are waiting to see what comes out of the Surf Cup. There are already stories of players, families, teams who have reported cases of Covid associated with travel to AZ or being involved in Surf Cup. I don't think you can point the finger directly at the event but perception, chatter, and hearsay can influence.

For most, Surf Cup was a driving event. For many, Round Rock will be a flying event. To many, flying is scarier than driving, especially since airlines are not cramming people in again. We flew back in JUL/AUG on an empty place, round trip, recent travel, planes were nearly full. Even for those that believe air travel is safe (like me), a full plane makes you pause.
Surf Cup was very well run. Protocols were in place. The event is outside. As someone who attended and knows many who did, I have not heard a single 'story' of anyone catching the virus there.

Surf Cup was very well run. Protocols were in place. The event is outside. As someone who attended and knows many who did, I have not heard a single 'story' of anyone catching the virus there.
Don't misunderstand or misrepresent what I'm saying. I don't believe you catch anything but wins and losses on a field at a soccer tournament.

I know Surf was well run, the cities that hosted were hell bent on providing a safe environment. I'm not bashing any of them. You haven't heard of, but I have and I know families who have returned to other states and have since tested positive. Whether you believe that or not, don't care. It was their choice to come here. They were not positive when they left their home state, they are positive now. You can come to your own conclusions.
The reality is that AZ is/was/has been the #1 hotspot in the world for CV19. It's a headline that's not made up. Does it scare me personally - not at all. Did it influence Surf attendance - yes. Will it influence other tournament attendance around the country - probably.

What I'm saying is travel to Texas will likely involve flying for most. That's much scarier for many. Plenty of teams and families did not travel to Surf out of fear of catching the virus. That was their choice. If Round Rock is a go, we'll go. If it's cancelled or our club chooses to not go, then so be it.

That was their choice. If Round Rock is a go, we'll go. If it's cancelled or our club chooses to not go, then so be it.
Well your teams will be at full capacity. AIA just cancelled winter high school sports in AZ. So all those players will be back at club practice next week.

Well your teams will be at full capacity. AIA just cancelled winter high school sports in AZ. So all those players will be back at club practice next week.
Like you, my DD has no interest in HS. HS had little to zero impact, most girls chose club over HS. Son on the other was looking forward to his senior year soccer experience before heading off to college to play.

Like you, my DD has no interest in HS. HS had little to zero impact, most girls chose club over HS. Son on the other was looking forward to his senior year soccer experience before heading off to college to play.
Yeah my boys are bummed. They were talking last night about kicking off their basketball season next weekend vs 3 high schools in a mini tournament.

My DD never does HS soccer. She has been training instead with a bunch of college girls. Last night was the last night with them. She and the other few ECNL girls not playing HS were/are slated to practice with the ECNL boys who were not on HS teams.

I suspect that will change and all the teams will be doing regular training shortly.

Yeah my boys are bummed. They were talking last night about kicking off their basketball season next weekend vs 3 high schools in a mini tournament.

My DD never does HS soccer. She has been training instead with a bunch of college girls. Last night was the last night with them. She and the other few ECNL girls not playing HS were/are slated to practice with the ECNL boys who were not on HS teams.

I suspect that will change and all the teams will be doing regular training shortly.
It's unfortunate and especially sad for HS seniors. I had little confidence that the season would actually occur but had remained optimistic.

I do have concerns over the potential residual effect on club sports.

It's unfortunate and especially sad for HS seniors. I had little confidence that the season would actually occur but had remained optimistic.

I do have concerns over the potential residual effect on club sports.
I messes up or has the potential to mess up lots of stuff.

Back