GA 2020-2021 Season

I heard the same one of the younger teams which was clubs most successful in DA a year ago is RL but olders that were in DA a year ago are in GA
True for the older teams. Not sure about youngers.

The hard exception is the Rising 04 ECNL team, they are very good, at the top of their ECNL conference and can beat anyone across the country. They had the good fortune of a mass migration 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. Outstanding coaching
They just played Arsenal last weekend. They tied. The game was even. Each team had moments were they looked better. But overall pretty even. Rising has better forwards. Mids are even to maybe a slight nod to Arsenal, and the Arsenal D is better. Overall pretty even. When they play again it will be close.

And no Rising cannot beat anyone in the country. The best team at this age group in AZ is Royals who easily beat Rising a few weeks ago. And I have seen this Royals team get manhandled by more than a few teams.

League starts this weekend in AZ.

Will GA post rosters?
I was wondering that as well. You would think you would want rosters available at a min for college coaches to look at.

I just went through and looked at the Frontier Conference who has been playing a number of games for some time. The thought being well if games for them have started, maybe a roster can be found? No sign of any roster.

Sa
They just played Arsenal last weekend. They tied. The game was even. Each team had moments were they looked better. But overall pretty even. Rising has better forwards. Mids are even to maybe a slight nod to Arsenal, and the Arsenal D is better. Overall pretty even. When they play again it will be close.

And no Rising cannot beat anyone in the country. The best team at this age group in AZ is Royals who easily beat Rising a few weeks ago. And I have seen this Royals team get manhandled by more than a few teams.
same Royals team that scrimmaged at Tumbleweed Park last weekend?

Seems like the Royals are benefiting from the former SCDS girls moving on from Rising. The 05 YNT player on the 04 Royals team is fun to watch. Looks like a completely different team than last year. The Rising team seems to have taken a step backwards. Then again, early season. We will see. Will be interesting to see how their season pans out. They were really good last year.

You are absolutely right about the Royals being the best AZ 04 team. The SCDS team hasn't recovered well from their mass exodus a few years ago.

Seems like the Royals are benefiting from the former SCDS girls moving on from Rising. The 05 YNT player on the 04 Royals team is fun to watch. Looks like a completely different team than last year. The Rising team seems to have taken a step backwards. Then again, early season. We will see. Will be interesting to see how their season pans out. They were really good last year.

You are absolutely right about the Royals being the best AZ 04 team. The SCDS team hasn't recovered well from their mass exodus a few years ago.

I don't disagree with your premise, but they are also thriving under their coach. Both the 05s and 04s are playing their best soccer to date. As a club parent for 10 years - he's the best I have encountered by a mile.

While most coaches (well regarded or otherwise) have a rigid style that players have to conform to, he knows how to tailor communications to each player to get the best out of them. While he has a ton of high level experience (D1 head coach and IMG Academy), his ability to connect with each player and get his point across effectively is showing up on the field.

I don't disagree with your premise, but they are also thriving under their coach. Both the 05s and 04s are playing their best soccer to date. As a club parent for 10 years - he's the best I have encountered by a mile.

While most coaches (well regarded or otherwise) have a rigid style that players have to conform to, he knows how to tailor communications to each player to get the best out of them. While he has a ton of high level experience (D1 head coach and IMG Academy), his ability to connect with each player and get his point across effectively is showing up on the field.

There is no doubt that coaching is having an impact on those teams. Some players/parents get criticism for moving around - sometimes that's the answer for a player. At this age, the coach is the most important piece.

I will certainly be watching the Royals/SCDS 05 game when that occurs. The Royals have lost the two previous times and have something to prove. I think they are up to the task. I don't think SCDS wins a third time.

I haven't seen the SCDS 04s play at all this year but I don't think they can/will compete with the Royals.

The 05 Royals have lost all 3 times they have played, but who's counting ;). First two games were fantastic, with Royals jumping out to 2-0 leads, and SCDS really upping the pressure to win both 3-2. 3rd time, not so much: 4-1 SCDS.

Both teams have injury concerns, but judging from the results this weekend, it should be close.

The 04 Royals are playing exceptionally well. Have beaten some of the best competition in recent scrimmages (Beach 1st team, Surf 1st team, Legends 1st team) and really looked sharp.

The 05 Royals have lost all 3 times they have played, but who's counting ;). First two games were fantastic, with Royals jumping out to 2-0 leads, and SCDS really upping the pressure to win both 3-2. 3rd time, not so much: 4-1 SCDS.

Both teams have injury concerns, but judging from the results this weekend, it should be close.

The 04 Royals are playing exceptionally well. Have beaten some of the best competition in recent scrimmages (Beach 1st team, Surf 1st team, Legends 1st team) and really looked sharp.

This is not intended to take anything away from the Arizona clubs but please do not read too much into any result for any team (good or bad) from the scrimmages 2 weekends ago. The Socal teams that travelled to Arizona, assuming they were following CA State guidelines, had their first contact soccer of any kind since March. These were modified games of 3 (20 minute) periods (or something close), a number of players were missing with guests coming from teams 2 flights down and US Soccer sending out an email to the top players on their list that they “strongly recommend” they not participate for safety reasons. I’m not sure if all clubs/players abided by their request but mention this to try and keep things in perspective. This was a chance for the girls to get out on the field, clear their heads and refresh mentally, results were not on the list of priorities….

This is not intended to take anything away from the Arizona clubs but please do not read too much into any result for any team (good or bad) from the scrimmages 2 weekends ago. The Socal teams that travelled to Arizona, assuming they were following CA State guidelines, had their first contact soccer of any kind since March. These were modified games of 3 (20 minute) periods (or something close), a number of players were missing with guests coming from teams 2 flights down and US Soccer sending out an email to the top players on their list that they “strongly recommend” they not participate for safety reasons. I’m not sure if all clubs/players abided by their request but mention this to try and keep things in perspective. This was a chance for the girls to get out on the field, clear their heads and refresh mentally, results were not on the list of priorities….
I agree but would also add that I have now heard of at least 5 families with kids under 12 that have already moved to AZ. I got one PM from a big time goat dad with a u-little who put in an offer over by DH's crib. This is real folks. The big on this is all these folks are checking out AZ's freedom and or could move out for just freedom and less tax and gas. Blythe, $3.75 for gas. Mile on other side, $2.09. In two years, AZ will be #1 at the olders in girls soccer with Texas right behind them. Socal girls need the challenge of playing in heat and will make them better. @Luis Andres , any temptation to move to AZ bro?

Well, they weren't blowouts and I don't think AZ won every game against CA teams, but seeing as how Surf, Beach and Royals are in 3 different leagues this year what else can we base it on??? :p.

Honestly, after watching this weekend's GA action, I am really going to miss those 1 off scrimmages...

Losing does not matter as long as you look good doing it.

I agree but would also add that I have now heard of at least 5 families with kids under 12 that have already moved to AZ. I got one PM from a big time goat dad with a u-little who put in an offer over by DH's crib. This is real folks. The big on this is all these folks are checking out AZ's freedom and or could move out for just freedom and less tax and gas. Blythe, $3.75 for gas. Mile on other side, $2.09. In two years, AZ will be #1 at the olders in girls soccer with Texas right behind them. Socal girls need the challenge of playing in heat and will make them better. @Luis Andres , any temptation to move to AZ bro?

thinking about it daily. If good ole Gavin does not make the necessary changes. We may be moving to Texas

They tied Surf 1-1. I don’t know about Legends.....most of these SoCal teams have only been distance practicing for a few months and this was their first games/scrimmages since March.

thinking about it daily. If good ole Gavin does not make the necessary changes. We may be moving to Texas
Nice. My wife is loving San Antonio right now and has access to 5 acres of killer land with a little lake with fish. Not hers, but her uncle said we can use it as long as were alive and my kids too all for free :) Not sure about my grandkids, but were set and very grateful for this "blessing." Has water and electricity hook ups so motor home base camp and then travel and more travel.

They tied Surf 1-1. I don’t know about Legends.....most of these SoCal teams have only been distance practicing for a few months and this was their first games/scrimmages since March.
Thanks for intel. It's not fair for AZ team to claim top status but they did beat everyone or at least played better soccer from what my intel told me. I heard Royals out played everyone and is #1 in the country maybe.

Thanks for intel. It's not fair for AZ team to claim top status but they did beat everyone or at least played better soccer from what my intel told me. I heard Royals out played everyone and is #1 in the country maybe.
Royals are a good team.....

Back