GA 2020-2021 Season

Can someone please explain why parents would accept their DD play ECRL over GA? Travel for league games where they will be massive favorites and no access to full showcases? Paying the same amount for less?

Good for the club (if it's a handshake deal to get into ECNL), sure, but not sure it's great for the players...
I will be honest. Can some one tell me why parents would accept their DD play ECRL, GA, MLS over ECNL?

P.S. It was a joke. My dd would 100% stay with her friends and her favorite coach. Her dad, he would have been looking for the medals and where 1st place was. Top league is key.......lol!!!! This good debate stuff. Lets all stay here. I believe ECNL is #1 now in California and AZ. It just is. I see what's going on and I keep it to myself. It's not nice to rub it in on others. Karma baby!! Be nice and play fair and all will go well with your soul :) I'm trying to improve everyday. I suck sometimes and let my ego in get in the way. The Helper helps by just sharing from his lenses and his experience the last 10 years coaching and watching from the sidelines :)

I will be honest. Can some one tell me why parents would accept their DD play ECRL, GA, MLS over ECNL?

P.S. It was a joke. My dd would 100% stay with her friends and her favorite coach. Her dad, he would have been looking for the medals and where 1st place was. Top league is key.......lol!!!! This good debate stuff. Lets all stay here. I believe ECNL is #1 now in California and AZ. It just is. I see what's going on and I keep it to myself. It's not nice to rub it in on others. Karma baby!! Be nice and play fair and all will go well with your soul :) I'm trying to improve everyday. I suck sometimes and let my ego in get in the way. The Helper helps by just sharing from his lenses and his experience the last 10 years coaching and watching from the sidelines :)
In AZ, talent wise, ECNL is not #1. Could change next year if GA doesn't pan out. The DA players for the most part stayed home. Head to head, GA teams will beat ECNL teams across all age groups. The hard exception is the Rising 04 ECNL team, they are very good, at the top of their ECNL conference and can beat anyone across the country. They had the good fortune of a mass migration 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. Outstanding coaching

In AZ, talent wise, ECNL is not #1. Could change next year if GA doesn't pan out. The DA players for the most part stayed home. Head to head, GA teams will beat ECNL teams across all age groups. The hard exception is the Rising 04 ECNL team, they are very good, at the top of their ECNL conference and can beat anyone across the country. They had the good fortune of a mass migration 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. Outstanding coaching
Yes, they beat us and I liked their team. I made excuses for the back to back and that was wrong. Who from AZ 04 is playing the Cactus Cup?

Yes, they beat us and I liked their team. I made excuses for the back to back and that was wrong. Who from AZ 04 is playing the Cactus Cup?

I don't think that schedule is out. Normally that tournament is not attended by the AZ GA/DA, ECNL teams. That may change this year. If the RSL GA teams do not have a friendly scheduled, they may be entered in group play (I would imagine). I suspect that they will schedule friendlies. Sounds like Rising ECNL and RSL GA are setting up games between them. I don't know where Arsenal or Del Sol stands. Del Sol will likely keep their teams separate and schedule CA friendlies or play internal boys teams.

Come on down, the weather will be better a few weeks from now (crossing my fingers).

The Rising cup is this weekend, mostly Rising teams, to include their ECNL teams will be playing. RSL GA and Del Sol GA are taking the weekend off. Some of their DPL and state league teams will particiapte.

I don't think that schedule is out. Normally that tournament is not attended by the AZ GA/DA, ECNL teams. That may change this year. If the RSL GA teams do not have a friendly scheduled, they may be entered in group play (I would imagine). I suspect that they will schedule friendlies. Sounds like Rising ECNL and RSL GA are setting up games between them. I don't know where Arsenal or Del Sol stands. Del Sol will likely keep their teams separate and schedule CA friendlies or play internal boys teams.

Come on down, the weather will be better a few weeks from now (crossing my fingers).
I have my fingers crossed. Were experiencing insane heat ((for us)) and the perfect time to run my goat to make sure she is ready for that heat. I have her up at 4am tomorrow for a drive out to Palm Springs. I will have her train 7am in dessert conditions.

Very interesting to hear.... thanks for the insight...... in Southern California most of the top DA players in the U17 and younger ages signed on with ECNL teams..... in so. Cal, GA is definitely closer to ECRL than ECNL as goes roster talent but hopefully for the girls the new league can get good showcases going..... Legends and Albion were two big clubs hit hard losing DA status...... the notable exception to this exodus to ECNL being the top Beach players and some players Beach signed who will do ECRL this season......

Very interesting to hear.... thanks for the insight...... in Southern California most of the top DA players in the U17 and younger ages signed on with ECNL teams..... in so. Cal, GA is definitely closer to ECRL than ECNL as goes roster talent but hopefully for the girls the new league can get good showcases going..... Legends and Albion were two big clubs hit hard losing DA status...... the notable exception to this exodus to ECNL being the top Beach players and some players Beach signed who will do ECRL this season......
Excellent and right. Good job :)

My opinion is the ECRL Southwest will be top heavy with Beach and Legends top teams there. The GA will have better competition from top to bottom. I have heard that some clubs including West Coast are placing top team in GA rather than ECRL. Can anyone confirm this?
[/QUOTE
I heard the same although not every age group
Don't forget how hard LA Galaxy got hit by losing GDA status

I do not beleive LA Galaxy exists on the girls side anymore. Beach absorbed most of the top LAGSB talent just before the DA collapse.

First sentence is right...... second sentence not really..... younger teams 2008 and 2007 did move to beach but the other top teams/plsyers didn't leave until DA collapse and then splintered off to several five clubs, one of which was Beach......

The beauty of being in CA is that your talent depth is consistent. As "top" players move around, other will rise up and fill roles. Legends and Albion may have been hit hard but their brand is good enough to attract and recruit new talent that may have been over looked previously for whatever reason.

As far as showcases are concerned for the GA, all have been scheduled at top facilities across the country. It's up to the GA to demonstrate they are able to execute quality showcases and game day experience. The coaches will come, they are an equal opportunity population and connections to GA leadership run high and deep. Coaches like shiny new things and this may help the GA.

Of course, the debate of which league is better will persist between parents, marketing departments, etc. It's a fun comparison to make since everyone is biased. At the end of the day, if your DD plays consistently in one of these leagues, and your family has the means to enable it, they will be put in a position where they can play collegiate soccer somewhere. Not all will play for stanford or UCLA, some will. Most will find a home at a school to their liking.

The beauty of being in CA is that your talent depth is consistent. As "top" players move around, other will rise up and fill roles. Legends and Albion may have been hit hard but their brand is good enough to attract and recruit new talent that may have been over looked previously for whatever reason.

As far as showcases are concerned for the GA, all have been scheduled at top facilities across the country. It's up to the GA to demonstrate they are able to execute quality showcases and game day experience. The coaches will come, they are an equal opportunity population and connections to GA leadership run high and deep. Coaches like shiny new things and this may help the GA.

Of course, the debate of which league is better will persist between parents, marketing departments, etc. It's a fun comparison to make since everyone is biased. At the end of the day, if your DD plays consistently in one of these leagues, and your family has the means to enable it, they will be put in a position where they can play collegiate soccer somewhere. Not all will play for stanford or UCLA, some will. Most will find a home at a school to their liking.
The problem before and I see it again, is the young goat will get recruited by ECNL and we start this mess all over again
Yes, and also up to the goat to kick ass and play with ganas :)
Let the girls debate by playing head to head.

The problem before and I see it again, is the young goat will get recruited by ECNL and we start this mess all over again
Yes, and also up to the goat to kick ass and play with ganas :)
Let the girls debate by playing head to head.
There is no doubt that recruiting will continue. To be completely honest, I don't favor the letter leagues but it's the world we live in. The good thing about choices is that you have them.

I mentioned this before, I don't understand the pull to pricey letter leagues in CA. I fundamentally don't agree that expensive leagues draw the best talent, they draw the best talent that has the best financial backing. I wouldn't argue against the fact that the letter leagues may (a big MAY) attract better coaches. Anyway, pay to play is here to stay for the girls. I think the MLS taking on the boys side (or at least the appearance of it) is going to stir things up. Too late for my oldest, but I'm excited for the regional, grassroots focus that the MLS says they are going to do, especially in the neighborhoods of SOCAL - talk about GANAS.

There is no doubt that recruiting will continue. To be completely honest, I don't favor the letter leagues but it's the world we live in. The good thing about choices is that you have them.

I mentioned this before, I don't understand the pull to pricey letter leagues in CA. I fundamentally don't agree that expensive leagues draw the best talent, they draw the best talent that has the best financial backing. I wouldn't argue against the fact that the letter leagues may (a big MAY) attract better coaches. Anyway, pay to play is here to stay for the girls. I think the MLS taking on the boys side (or at least the appearance of it) is going to stir things up. Too late for my oldest, but I'm excited for the regional, grassroots focus that the MLS says they are going to do, especially in the neighborhoods of SOCAL - talk about GANAS.
Organic grass roots with local coaches like coach buck and others is my advice. Look, I looked up google "Club soccer temecula" 10 years ago to find soccer and got my goat in the local rec league and scores of coaches and docs from all over came to see what all the fuss was. It was cool with all the attention and coaches calling to see if my goat was up for a guess play because they were short handed they said. Next thing i know my kid is playing the whole game and 5 girls are on da bench and half the parents hate me and the other half is trying to be my best friend. I know how all this works. Kicker knows too. It's all about recruiting goats to all the different soccer families in socal. Tad & Gaffer work the hardest and were always honest, ethical and straight forward. One year and that's all they promise. I like that :)

IMO, in NorCal, ECNL is much stronger (in general) than GA. In a few age groups, GA looks kinda weak. But they have time to build. Maybe those GA clubs will attract players during this downtime.

FC Bay Area will obviously have some strong teams. PASC/SVSA has a strong 06 team. Clovis has a strong team or two, etc. But overall - San Juan, MVLA, Thorns, Mustang, Davis, etc. are just stronger across the board.

I've heard the exact opposite from friends at Beach..... top players in ECRL, B team is GA........ I heard the same for legends and pats too but don't have as close friends there so can't say for sure.......
Nope, just the opposite is what we were told at least for he two older age groups.

The Del sol 05 team is fun to watch, Rising 05 is good as well. I am familiar with both teams, but I'm looking forward to watching the 05 Del sol team over the next few years as they move forward. I would love to see a matchup as well but i highly doubt we will, to much dislike between clubs...
They are fun to watch indeed. The core of that team has been together going on 3 years. They've lost a few players but their adds have outweighed their losses.

Nope, just the opposite is what we were told at least for he two older age groups.
I guess we will see. In AZ, the GA 02/03s and 05s (olders) are the best in class. The 04s not so much though I here RSL has been able to recruit. I haven't seen,heard any reports of results from their friendlies over the last month of so.

All of the letter league soccer ladies in AZ are anxious to get on the pitch with quality CA teams. West Coast FC will be in town this weekend.

My opinion is the ECRL Southwest will be top heavy with Beach and Legends top teams there. The GA will have better competition from top to bottom. I have heard that some clubs including West Coast are placing top team in GA rather than ECRL. Can anyone confirm this?
True for the older teams. Not sure about youngers.

Back