GA 2020-2021 Season

I can confirm this for Beach FC.

Can someone please explain why parents would accept their DD play ECRL over GA? Travel for league games where they will be massive favorites and no access to full showcases? Paying the same amount for less?

Good for the club (if it's a handshake deal to get into ECNL), sure, but not sure it's great for the players...

Can someone please explain why parents would accept their DD play ECRL over GA? Travel for league games where they will be massive favorites and no access to full showcases? Paying the same amount for less?

Good for the club (if it's a handshake deal to get into ECNL), sure, but not sure it's great for the players...

How do you know GA will be appreciably stronger than ECRL..... Beach, Legends top teams are in ECRL ..... if they didn't do that they would not be allowed in ECRL..... plus B-teams from Surf and Blues are better than most clubs top teams....... expectation for ECRL is a club's top teams are in it unless they are also in ECNL...... teams not following this will be sent packing from what I was told......

I can’t speak for anyone but my families experience. My DD’s are ‘04 and ‘06 and made their OWN decision to stay with their Coach and play ECRL since Beach wasn’t granted ECNL.

Where you see it as paying more for less, we see it as choosing a Coach over a league.

To each their own.

How do you know GA will be appreciably stronger than ECRL..... Beach, Legends top teams are in ECRL ..... if they didn't do that they would not be allowed in ECRL..... plus B-teams from Surf and Blues are better than most clubs top teams....... expectation for ECRL is a club's top teams are in it unless they are also in ECNL...... teams not following this will be sent packing from what I was told......
I am willing to bet there will be ECNL players or teams facing Legends and Beach ECRL teams of/when it happens. At least, that’s what we are hoping for.

I can’t speak for anyone but my families experience. My DD’s are ‘04 and ‘06 and made their OWN decision to stay with their Coach and play ECRL since Beach wasn’t granted ECNL.

Where you see it as paying more for less, we see it as choosing a Coach over a league.

To each their own.
That makes sense. I definitely think the coach matters.

Honestly if leagues don't play many games or showcases are kaput it may be the 200IQ play if it gets the club into ECNL.

I think Beach, Legends and Pats first teams would have more consistent competition in GA. No doubt.

?? Phoenix Rising ECNL 05 are also really good looking at standings and when my daughters 04 team saw them
The Rising 05 ECNL is a very good team.

The Del Sol 05 team is at a different level. If they were to play each other (and they will never play each other, unfortunately), it would not be a close game. Their entire team came back and they added back a player who played up with the 04 team last season. The Del Sol team was third in the conference, behind Beach and Surf, splitting games with Beach and beating Surf. Season ended without a Surf rematch. They went deep into the Fall cup showcase in Florida, eventually losing to a very good Real Colorado team. Maybe their choice of team building activity the day prior cost them the game (ha).

It's too bad club politics in AZ will not allow this match up to occur. Same goes for a Rising 06 ECNL VS Del Sol 06 match up. Another great game and one the players on both sides would love.

I think Beach, Legends and Pats first teams would have more consistent competition in GA. No doubt.
My opinion is the ECRL Southwest will be top heavy with Beach and Legends top teams there. The GA will have better competition from top to bottom. I have heard that some clubs including West Coast are placing top team in GA rather than ECRL. Can anyone confirm this?

To each their own.
Couldn't agree more. Same decision here. Once the DA collapsed, phones began ringing and the selling began. My DD is an 06 and we have time. She loves her coach, loves her team mates, and loves the system she plays in. Once it became apparent that everyone was staying put, then the decision became much easier. I think many parents are willing to give the GA at least a year or two, especially if your DD is an 06/07. No need to panic over your college aspirations, your DD can change her mind in an instant.

The argument over which league is better can't even be had until there's been a season to compare. The GA still has to prove that they can execute game day and showcases.

My opinion is the ECRL Southwest will be top heavy with Beach and Legends top teams there. The GA will have better competition from top to bottom. I have heard that some clubs including West Coast are placing top team in GA rather than ECRL. Can anyone confirm this?
I'll let you know, they travel to AZ for a friendly in a little over a week (in all honesty, unless I walk over and ask, I won't be able to tell).

I am willing to bet there will be ECNL players or teams facing Legends and Beach ECRL teams of/when it happens. At least, that’s what we are hoping for.
Kicker,
I have read on here that at least one of your girls is a very high level player. I also know you love the coach that she has and stayed with Beach because of the coach. Will you reconsider this if she is stuck in the ECRL for another season?

I've heard both ways. Sense I get is that teams will be formed based on opponents being played. Those clubs have to keep brands in both fires to see what works best for them - nothing wrong with that, unless ECNL doesn't allow it. For the most part, the better girls teams in AZ will be in the GA. Phoenix Rising ECNL has a very,very good 04 team. Their was a mass migration at that age group to them a few years ago from a DA team. Some of those girls have since moved on, back to a GA team, but that team remains very good. Rising ECNL youngers (07s) are also very good. Every other age group is better represented in the two GA clubs in AZ.

At the end of the day, the ladies just want to play meaningful games.
Now were getting into the soccer stuff. Desert Hound, what say you? Top teams in GA in AZ? Happy, are you guys playing in the Cactus Cup? Were going to be in AZ so much the next couple of months, I went ahead and took my buddy up on his place in Scottsdale. It's his Winter/Spring house. He's in Maui at his other house. Big time golfer. Talk about privilege. Trust fund friend who is super generous and does so much for the poor. A class guy whose been married for 30 years. A true giver. $59 one way to AZ last I checked on SW so AZ here we come.

The Rising 05 ECNL is a very good team.

The Del Sol 05 team is at a different level. If they were to play each other (and they will never play each other, unfortunately), it would not be a close game. Their entire team came back and they added back a player who played up with the 04 team last season. The Del Sol team was third in the conference, behind Beach and Surf, splitting games with Beach and beating Surf. Season ended without a Surf rematch. They went deep into the Fall cup showcase in Florida, eventually losing to a very good Real Colorado team. Maybe their choice of team building activity the day prior cost them the game (ha).

It's too bad club politics in AZ will not allow this match up to occur. Same goes for a Rising 06 ECNL VS Del Sol 06 match up. Another great game and one the players on both sides would love.

The Del sol 05 team is fun to watch, Rising 05 is good as well. I am familiar with both teams, but I'm looking forward to watching the 05 Del sol team over the next few years as they move forward. I would love to see a matchup as well but i highly doubt we will, to much dislike between clubs...

To each their own.

The coach matters the most, number 1 reason to stay. Curious I keep hearing ECNL will never give Beach full ECNL status, thoughts? Wont your players also be playing in the GA, or are they going full time ECRL or is it a back and forth thing?

The coach matters the most, number 1 reason to stay. Curious I keep hearing ECNL will never give Beach full ECNL status, thoughts? Wont your players also be playing in the GA, or are they going full time ECRL or is it a back and forth thing?
Out DPL teams will be the GA teams and our DA teams will be ECRL. No set plan to play back and forth.

It is likely Beach will continue to be black balled from ECNL (mainly due to 2 DOC’s in SoCal Soccer because they stand to loose a lot of SouthBay recruits if that were the case.

Out DPL teams will be the GA teams and our DA teams will be ECRL. No set plan to play back and forth.

It is likely Beach will continue to be black balled from ECNL (mainly due to 2 DOC’s in SoCal Soccer because they stand to loose a lot of SouthBay recruits if that were the case.
Why would Beach let ECNL string them along? Is Legends in the same situation?

Back