GA 2008 Showcase Dominated by FRAM DPL

In the long run or even short run, ECNL (and all of the competitors) are not good for soccer in the US. They exist simply as a way to funnel money into the hands of the top executives for those leagues. My hope is that a local, relatively inexpensive Southern California league will start up and begin holding onto quality players. It will only take a handful of players to get recruited to top schools or straight to the pros to start the end of the closed monopoly leagues like ECNL. Having said that, if my DD was nearing HS right now and wanted to play in college, I would be looking for an ECNL team for her.

Thats EXACTLY what Tudela is attempting in LA. Not an easy path, but they are making strides with incredibly strong support from the families who have bought in.

Thats EXACTLY what Tudela is attempting in LA. Not an easy path, but they are making strides with incredibly strong support from the families who have bought in.

I once was in a way annoyed for lack of a better word with Tudela after Bill Simmons went on a podcast making claims like the original poster on this thread. But now I am fan and wish all those girls success. My daughter has a couple times had a strong group of girls, playing on a high level, with great families and a good coach that truly cared about the girls. If we stuck together we could of been like that Tudela team now as juniors in HS and this ride coming to an end. but no we are all on our 3rd and 4th team chasing stupid patches and coaches with no loyalty, burnt out, and wondering where to play next year.

I once was in a way annoyed for lack of a better word with Tudela after Bill Simmons went on a podcast making claims like the original poster on this thread. But now I am fan and wish all those girls success. My daughter has a couple times had a strong group of girls, playing on a high level, with great families and a good coach that truly cared about the girls. If we stuck together we could of been like that Tudela team now as juniors in HS and this ride coming to an end. but no we are all on our 3rd and 4th team chasing stupid patches and coaches with no loyalty, burnt out, and wondering where to play next year.

It's not an easy path. Even BS's kid left for another team in a letter league...

This sounds all rainbows and unicorns but...
- What if some players are advancing and others aren't?
- Does the coach stay with the team for 10+ years?
- If players choose to play in college they'll have no idea how cuts work.
- Without checking out different teams how will you ever know if you're on the right one?
- What if parents dont like each other?

Back