GA 2008 Showcase Dominated by FRAM DPL

Yes, I am quite sure all the ecnl teams are scared of you guys.

Not to talk badly about another team, but you do realize that 1-6 loss you took was against a team that has lost 6 out of 7 in ecnl so far, with a negative 18 goal differential. Heck, they scored 2 more goals in the game vs your team than they have scored total over 7 league games. Your team must've stayed up all night and had to play in hotter weather than the other team on the field. I'm sure you guys controlled the game though. Tell us more about how you "know the game". Yikes.
LOL at you not recognizing what is happening today. Just take a look at the current DPL standings and what happened in Del Mar this past weekend. Your attempts to ruin this diacussion are appalling.

This is all so much gold…
“Blues beat the crap out of us but our style was much better” is a story as old as time…
Also Albion not dropping GA. Albion IS GA. They will certainly go down with the ship.

How did you determine that the DPL, GA, and ECRL are not in the mix for best leagues in Socal? The truth is that all of those leagues are on par with the ECNL. I do not see any team out there that the FRAM team would not put a hurting on if they are playing well that day.
FRAM G08 is on par with any 08 team. Never underestimate any of coach Tino's teams.

I agree but I bet offers like "Drop out of GA now and in 2-3 years we'll give you an ECRL team to prove yourself" will occur if they're not happening already. This goes for all the big GA teams. Once 1-2 make a move the rest will follow.
...there is only 5 GA teams left in SoCal and with the MW move to Sharks, he'll draw top Albion players, not to mention GA players from SDSC & City, and probably Surf ECRL...I don't see a way GA survives in SoCal, and if by chance it does , it'll be weak.

...there is only 5 GA teams left in SoCal and with the MW move to Sharks, he'll draw top Albion players, not to mention GA players from SDSC & City, and probably Surf ECRL...I don't see a way GA survives in SoCal, and if by chance it does , it'll be weak.
You can see whos in GA Southwest (2009 level) here...

Socal needs more ECNL options.

SDSC is Surfs way of keeping one foot in GA. WCFC needs to continue getting things together after the OC Surf days but I believe they used to be ECNL before going to DA. City has Duggan and he's guaranteed to go down with the GA ship. For the big socal teams this leaves Albion who just lost MW to Sharks. There's blood in the water and clubs are looking for a way out.

ECNL just needs to wave the golden ticket to 1 or 2 of the big GA Southwest clubs and it will collapse locally.

Another option would be for GA to take on some of the lesser teams in Socal so there's more local games. Problem with this approach is that GA would be admitting second tear status.

Those games against the ECNL teams in August were controlled by FRAM . The first game against the Breakers was a tough one because of the heat that day and some of the girls stayed up too late the night before. The second game against Rebels was a tie but FRAM was the better team and by a mile. The last game against Blues was a loss but FRAM played much better soccer than the Blues that day. People that know the game know that the score does not always tell the entire story.
...you forgot a dog ate the goalies gloves and the striker had a hang nail.

SDSC is Surfs way of keeping one foot in GA. WCFC needs to continue getting things together after the OC Surf days but I believe they used to be ECNL before going to DA. City has Duggan and he's guaranteed to go down with the GA ship. For the big socal teams this leaves Albion who just lost MW to Sharks. There's blood in the water and clubs are looking for a way out.

ECNL just needs to wave the golden ticket to 1 or 2 of the big GA Southwest clubs and it will collapse locally.

Another option would be for GA to take on some of the lesser teams in Socal so there's more local games. Problem with this approach is that GA would be admitting second tear status.
[/QUOTE]
GA could take the play in approach (like CRL did) for all teams and create a higher level of local play. They would actually put a dent in ECNL as this may help local clubs retain local talent and help GA fill a gap currently not available.

You can see whos in GA Southwest (2009 level) here...

...such as Frame and SD Force, not many options for GA in SoCal... probably best they concede Cali.

GA could take the play in approach (like CRL did) for all teams and create a higher level of local play. They would actually put a dent in ECNL as this may help local clubs retain local talent and help GA fill a gap currently not available.
[/QUOTE]

...clubs are welcome to go down with the ship, it's a business decision...but most of the talent on GA teams will eventually gravitate towards ECNL clubs as they approach the college window... GA will either fold or become weak... ECNL could sink GA in SoCal if they wanted to, we'll see what they choose to do.

Back