G2010 Who comes out on top?

There they are: Blues , Slammers, Eagles, and Surf. These four clubs will be in the top ten at least till GU16, and the others will drop off.

The other teams will drop off because? No pathway DA/ECNL, being recruited by the big clubs?

1 SAN DIEGO SC NAVY [1] 27.48
2 EAGLES SC [2] 27.05
3 SC BLUES RENNIE [3] 26.83
4 SAN DIEGO SURF SC ACADEMY SELECT [8] 25.82
5 JUGGLE THE WORLD OLE [14] 25.26
6 LA GALAXY ORANGE COUNTY PDA LOUGHLIN [15] 25.24
7 WORLDWIDE SA EDA [17] 25.09
8 CDA SLAMMERS FC CROWLEY [20] 24.89
9 FULLERTON RANGERS PRE SYL [22] 24.83
10 WASHINGTON PREMIER FC WHITE [25]
YSR 10/12/19..............Coming in Hot in 8th place CDA Slammers........Any one of the 5-10 teams can beat each other on any given day

Can’t read too much into these rankings as I don’t see legends or Albion on there. Again, legends just beat #3 SoCal blues 1-0, #6 LA Galaxy 8-1, #9 Fullerton rangers 7-1 in Toyota of Orange classic. Yet, they aren’t in the top #10 I’m assuming based off tournaments they have done.

Only certain tournaments count, and SCDSL is not included since no scores are kept. Legends clearly in top 4. I'd be curious if anyone affiliated with those teams knows their record against the other 3 since the beginning of summer. Here's what I have based on memory, but feel free to correct me.

SDSC: 1-1 against Eagles, 1-4 against Blues, 1-0 against Legends (3-5 total)
Eagles: 1-1 against SDSC, 0-2 against Blues (1-3 total)
Blues: 4-1 against SDSC, 2-0 against Eagles, 0-1 against Legends (6-2 total)
Legends: 0-1 against SDSC, 1-0 against Blues (1-1 total)

Only certain tournaments count, and SCDSL is not included since no scores are kept. Legends clearly in top 4. I'd be curious if anyone affiliated with those teams knows their record against the other 3 since the beginning of summer. Here's what I have based on memory, but feel free to correct me.

SDSC: 1-1 against Eagles, 1-4 against Blues, 1-0 against Legends (3-5 total)
Eagles: 1-1 against SDSC, 0-2 against Blues (1-3 total)
Blues: 4-1 against SDSC, 2-0 against Eagles, 0-1 against Legends (6-2 total)
Legends: 0-1 against SDSC, 1-0 against Blues (1-1 total)

Sounds about right and majority of games against each came down to the wire. The winning team normally wins by a 1 goal margin. I think the most goals scored against each other has been 2 for the last couple of games. Legends are definitely a top 4 team for sure but just needs more head to head battles between Eagles, SDSC and Blues. Legends, SDSC and Blues play each other one more time in league play. Eagles should play Legends in finals for Silverlakes Turkeu Cup. Blues, SDSC, Ole, SD Surf will be playing Surf Thanksgiving. I have not heard anything about Albion, Slammers teams or Galaxy teams for their Thanksgiving plan. Heat FC (Vegas) played Surf Thanksgiving last year and not sure if they are returning. I’m just glad the competition is competitive and our DDs are having fun.

There's some issues with YSR at this age group. Presidio published scores last season but SCDSL did not, and neither are publishing them this season (Coast always has and probably always will). So SDSC and Eagles have league results in their YSR scoring from last season while Blues and Legends do not, and Eagles is drawing YSR ratings for this fall season. Also, YSR is only able to pull tournament results from Gotsoccer, while it cannot from TGS. Legends tournaments use TGS, and the G2010 Legends team has only played in TGS tournaments as far as I know, so YSR probably has zero data on the team.

The bottom line is everyone should take what they see on YSR with a grain of salt. The rankings members of this forum have come up with in the other thread are arguably more accurate.

With the exception of Albion and Legends not included in the rankings due to the fact that there are no league scores for them and they have not attended big tournaments. Also no way the Slammers Crowley team is better than the Slammers PA team. They should put Slammers PA instead. Rangers do not belong in top 10 either, seems like it’s a mistake that also needs to be corrected as they are playing u10 not u11 https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=3148215

the #10 team is also a mistake. They are from Seattle not CAS

SD surf select is clearly a mistake to be ranked so high. They are more like a 9/10 team. Does anyone know if SD Surf Select g2010 is playing up u11 this year?

According to their YSR page it says they are playing u11 teams that’s why they are ranking high playing against teams with 27+ rank scores will definitely skew their rankings but it could be a mistake https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=3180426

Last edited:
With the exception of Albion and Legends not included in the rankings due to the fact that there are no league scores for them and they have not attended big tournaments. Also no way the Slammers Crowley team is better than the Slammers PA team. They should put Slammers PA instead. Rangers do not belong in top 10 either, seems like it’s a mistake that also needs to be corrected as they are playing u10 not u11 https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=3148215

SD surf select is clearly a mistake to be ranked so high. They are more like a 9/10 team. Does anyone know if SD Surf Select g2010 is playing up u11 this year?

According to their YSR page it says they are playing u11 teams that’s why they are ranking high playing against teams with 27+ rank scores will definitely skew their rankings but it could be a mistake https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=3180426

Here are the standings for Presidio Flight 1 G2010, Surf is not playing up but they look to be doing fine.
Group -- A
Win, Loss, Tie
A3 : Albion SC G10 Academy W-7 L-0 T-0
A1 : Rebels Soccer Club - G10 Elite W-5 L-2 T-1
A2 : SD Surf Academy Girls Select 2010 W-5 L-2 T-1
A5 : LAGSD G10 Pre Academy - Medina W-3 L-3 T-1
A7 : CSC G2010 Academy W-3 L-5 T-0

A4 : San Diego SC G2010 Orange W-1 L-5 T-2
A6 : DMCV Sharks G2010 - Farshler W-0 L-7 T-1

Source https://2019leaguepages1.affinityso...mentguid=C58B3C03-D226-4B14-B65B-EF04A4B7488F

Here are the standings for Presidio Flight 1 G2010, Surf is not playing up but they look to be doing fine.
Group -- A
Win, Loss, Tie
A3 : Albion SC G10 Academy W-7 L-0 T-0
A1 : Rebels Soccer Club - G10 Elite W-5 L-2 T-1
A2 : SD Surf Academy Girls Select 2010 W-5 L-2 T-1
A5 : LAGSD G10 Pre Academy - Medina W-3 L-3 T-1
A7 : CSC G2010 Academy W-3 L-5 T-0

A4 : San Diego SC G2010 Orange W-1 L-5 T-2
A6 : DMCV Sharks G2010 - Farshler W-0 L-7 T-1

Source https://2019leaguepages1.affinityso...mentguid=C58B3C03-D226-4B14-B65B-EF04A4B7488F

Albion top team. Nice to see that and thanks for posting.

Crowley's team very well maybe better than Slammers PA to be honest. In the spring they beat and tied them, of course it was spring and I'm sure rosters have changed but they are a solid team as is Slammers PA.

Crowley's team very well maybe better than Slammers PA to be honest. In the spring they beat and tied them, of course it was spring and I'm sure rosters have changed but they are a solid team as is Slammers PA.

you could be right. I was basing the teams from the last we played them both at Slammers cup. To me the PA team was a tougher match than the Crowley team. I felt they had better defense and better offense but hey teams change quick and I’ve also heard slammers pa is inconsistent. Now I’m starting to wonder if they maybe had brought some guest players to that tournament which could have made them temporarily stronger

you could be right. I was basing the teams from the last we played them both at Slammers cup. To me the PA team was a tougher match than the Crowley team. I felt they had better defense and better offense but hey teams change quick and I’ve also heard slammers pa is inconsistent. Now I’m starting to wonder if they maybe had brought some guest players to that tournament which could have made them temporarily stronger
Yeah that could be, it's always hard to know if teams bring other players out. Girls at this age can be very inconsistent at times as well. Here is the link below for the spring league I was referring. Again, I'm sure teams changed quite a bit and coaches were probably trying girls out and playing them out of position etc.

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/schedules.aspx?eid=1044&fid=5106

Back