G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

Surf definitely has the potential to be #1, along with beating out Solar. The new additions to the team are the other set of original SDSC twins. The GK from Rebels and another SDSC who played up on the 09’ team. Their roster is 19! They did not cut any players. You pretty much have the SDSC 2010 Navy team back together. Surf played up in the U13 Surf Challenge and won beating LA Surf 09 GA in the final 3-1 PKs.

Surf definitely has the potential to be #1, along with beating out Solar. The new additions to the team are the other set of original SDSC twins. The GK from Rebels and another SDSC who played up on the 09’ team. Their roster is 19! They did not cut any players. You pretty much have the SDSC 2010 Navy team back together. Surf played up in the U13 Surf Challenge and won beating LA Surf 09 GA in the final 3-1 PKs.
Glad to see that SDSC Navy team back! Got the pleasure of watching them team our team how to play when we faced them in a tournament in 2019. They were something special to watch!

Glad to see that SDSC Navy team back! Got the pleasure of watching them team our team how to play when we faced them in a tournament in 2019. They were something special to watch!

19 is a big number for first year 11v11. It'll be intresting to see how they manage playing time to keep the big dogs happy. Lots of clubs would gladly snatch up any of their disgruntled players.

19 is a big number for first year 11v11. It'll be intresting to see how they manage playing time to keep the big dogs happy. Lots of clubs would gladly snatch up any of their disgruntled players.
19 is way to0 high for first year 11v11. Not enough minutes to go around. I remember a papa bear ran across the field after his "goat" didn't start. She was one of the top players on the team but she missed practice so the coach said, "you miss practice, you don;t start." Papa left the team and found a coach who only cares about winning and let's the big dogs skip practice anytime they want. Every coach is different but all the parents are the same; they pay to watch their kid play, not sit on the bench at 10 years old. That sucks!! The customer pays thousands to see them play :)

19 means the average kid is sitting for a half hour every game. That’s a lot of bench time.

Of course, they can probably add scrimmages to add minutes for bench players. There’s a long line of teams who want to play against surf..

19 is way to0 high for first year 11v11. Not enough minutes to go around. I remember a papa bear ran across the field after his "goat" didn't start. She was one of the top players on the team but she missed practice so the coach said, "you miss practice, you don;t start." Papa left the team and found a coach who only cares about winning and let's the big dogs skip practice anytime they want. Every coach is different but all the parents are the same; they pay to watch their kid play, not sit on the bench at 10 years old. That sucks!! The customer pays thousands to see them play :)
This type of mentality is the problem with youth soccer. Put another way, a parent feels that their kid doesn't need to go to practices + should start no matter what. The justification is that they paid $$$ and for some reason their $$$ is worth more than the $$$ paid by other parents. Did the parent contact the coach before missing practice to address before not attending? Most coaches are ok with not attending sessions if made aware before.

Regarding Surf taking 19 It's likely that CB doesn't trust a couple of players and wants options if they don't work out. This will create competition for minutes which overall will push players to bring their best at all times. The downside of 19 is that the parents will go into double time with the social games.

This type of mentality is the problem with youth soccer. Put another way, a parent feels that their kid doesn't need to go to practices + should start no matter what. The justification is that they paid $$$ and for some reason their $$$ is worth more than the $$$ paid by other parents. Did the parent contact the coach before missing practice to address before not attending? Most coaches are ok with not attending sessions if made aware before.

Regarding Surf taking 19 It's likely that CB doesn't trust a couple of players and wants options if they don't work out. This will create competition for minutes which overall will push players to bring their best at all times. The downside of 19 is that the parents will go into double time with the social games.
First off, my dd played for one of the top female coaches in the world and he said, "I play the best players so we win and no practice is required to start and play the whole game." We had one player that was the best at the time and her parents both worked 60 hours a week and lived one hour away. She came to practice when she could but on Saturdays and Sundays, she was at the games because the parents weren't slaves on the weekend. My kid had another coach that told everyone, "you miss practice, you sit. I dont care if your MJ, you miss one of MY practices, you dont play, period!!!!" That is fair too but I bet you this bro. If I offered Coach Hard Nose $10K to win that one game, I bet you he brings his best to that game, regardless of who was or not at practice that week. I can see both side of the argument being right and wrong. It all depends on the truthful reasons of each player and coach. Frankly, I want to win the match. Practice is just practice. I want to win the game and not be some coach teaching a life lesson with $10K on the line. The lesson is, "win the match."

Per ECNL rules, a max of 18 can be on the game day roster. That means if everyone is there and healthy, one girl won’t get to suit up. Common practice for older ECNL years, but not the best situation for the first year.

First off, my dd played for one of the top female coaches in the world and he said, "I play the best players so we win and no practice is required to start and play the whole game." We had one player that was the best at the time and her parents both worked 60 hours a week and lived one hour away. She came to practice when she could but on Saturdays and Sundays, she was at the games because the parents weren't slaves on the weekend. My kid had another coach that told everyone, "you miss practice, you sit. I dont care if your MJ, you miss one of MY practices, you dont play, period!!!!" That is fair too but I bet you this bro. If I offered Coach Hard Nose $10K to win that one game, I bet you he brings his best to that game, regardless of who was or not at practice that week. I can see both side of the argument being right and wrong. It all depends on the truthful reasons of each player and coach. Frankly, I want to win the match. Practice is just practice. I want to win the game and not be some coach teaching a life lesson with $10K on the line. The lesson is, "win the match."
So you're paying 10K for a win? I like gambling + completely understand the action your trying to incentivize.

Since ethics are out the window it might be cheaper to pay the other teams coach to lose.

So you're paying 10K for a win? I like gambling + completely understand the action your trying to incentivize.

Since ethics are out the window it might be cheaper to pay the other teams coach to lose.
I dont have any money to bet. This was more of a parable bro or analogy. If money "was" on the line, then you play for win and get your best out there. My kids coach was attacked by parents who felt it was his job to "develop" the players who came to practice and the not the other way around. I see both sides on this. I play for win bro all the way. Grandpa on my wifes side is the same way. Win baby!!!

Plus Carlsbad 7, this is all talked about to all parents before you sign 12 months of your kids youth away. "I play to win and you dont have to come to practice." Coach has all the money. No payment plan and no refunds. Roster of only 16 players bro, with two GK. Every kid got play time, no one stayed on the bench. When playoffs came, coach told parents, "all bets are off and I play my best so we win. I'm the coach and I play to win."

Per ECNL rules, a max of 18 can be on the game day roster. That means if everyone is there and healthy, one girl won’t get to suit up. Common practice for older ECNL years, but not the best situation for the first year.

Definitely a really risky move for Surf. Many of those girls are game changers and can change the direction of what ever team they play for. Hopefully all goes well. It'll be intresting to see how it is handled. Having one girl not roster at 11 years old can be stressful for all involved.

Watched them for a bit this weekend and they looked great especially against tougher competition. Didn’t notice an overly large bench but maybe just missed it.

Yeah only 2 players left from the original SDSC team that are not at Surf now. The keeper and the little left footed midfielder. Both went to Albion during the split up, and I think both followed MW to Sharks. Probably a good thing given that roster size. 19 is too many for the early 11v11 years. Playtime is still too important pre high school when injuries aren't as prevalent. I don't know if I see this working out too well, but it will probably push fringe players and/or parents with a certain ego level to other clubs without Surf having to cut them. I guess we'll see.

Also, Surf bought in another keeper for the team already? Are they going to split halves? If so, I don't see this working out too well either heh.

We have a new team sitting in the number 1 spot. From Chicago?? Lol. Has anyone heard of them? Looks like they came out of nowhere and took the number 1 spot. Surf making moves by adding new players that’s great. Glad to see the old SDSC team back together.

Anyone know if Blues got any new players? I’m sure they must have picked some up or better said poached some up lol. I’m sure it’s not easy finding qualified talent for Surf and Blues. The talent just does not exist as of this moment. Only way to get quality players is to take them from the other top 10 teams in SoCal. Next year should be interesting wonder who will be on top? 13A60D09-1E20-4329-8800-FC56A2B5A931.jpeg

We have a new team sitting in the number 1 spot. From Chicago?? Lol. Has anyone heard of them? Looks like they came out of nowhere and took the number 1 spot. Surf making moves by adding new players that’s great. Glad to see the old SDSC team back together.

Anyone know if Blues got any new players? I’m sure they must have picked some up or better said poached some up lol. I’m sure it’s not easy finding qualified talent for Surf and Blues. The talent just does not exist as of this moment. Only way to get quality players is to take them from the other top 10 teams in SoCal. Next year should be interesting wonder who will be on top? View attachment 12739
Take a look at their list of opponents. No one above 30.1.

Looks like a solid team that got a big YSR boost from some blowouts. I wouldn’t call them #1 without some wins against better teams.

Take a look at their list of opponents. No one above 30.1.

Looks like a solid team that got a big YSR boost from some blowouts. I wouldn’t call them #1 without some wins against better teams.

I’m familiar with the team and Midwestern soccer generally in the 2009-2010 age groups. It’s a talented group of players and likely #1 in region, but certainly speaks to the limitations of YSR to have a national ranking that high with so few games. It being winter here most clubs are doing indoor leagues which aren’t tracked so their record will remain stale for a while.

They’ll be at SuperCopa this summer and there was some talk of trying to do Surf cup, so either way should see some decent national competition down the road.

Back