G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

[

It’s called park the bus and play kick ball. The number one strategy versus any top team. Then counter when possible.
I won't mention the 4 or 5 clubs that had to park da bus on my dd old 03/04 that was #1 team in the state. It's the only chance some teams have and if I were the coach, I would pull all my troops back and pray that the incoming will miss it's mark. Go for the tie and point, 0-0.

1616362688450.png

Curious if someone else was at this game and can report. I’m not accusing Luis of not telling like he sees it, but his view is through Blue glasses. I’d like to hear what it looked like through Maroon glasses.
And, anyone who wants to overlook Slammers PA do so at your own risk. Anyone who is following this age group knows they’ve been building for a few years. They are continually improving and I don’t think this result is a fluke.
Luis always calls like it like he see's it and that's with a grain of salt, so dont forget that part. It's what he see's and trust me, he knows soccer fan of 6. 6 kids?

Curious if someone else was at this game and can report. I’m not accusing Luis of not telling like he sees it, but his view is through Blue glasses. I’d like to hear what it looked like through Maroon glasses.
And, anyone who wants to overlook Slammers PA do so at your own risk. Anyone who is following this age group knows they’ve been building for a few years. They are continually improving and I don’t think this result is a fluke.

That's not good if they are unskilled as 3 of the 10 on the roster had played for Blues Rennie for multiple years.

It was a good game, both teams played hard. Neither team parked the bus on defense, it was physical play throughout the field. Blues scored on slammers own goal from a corner. Slammers scored end of 1st half and blues scored midway thru 2nd half. Blues won, could of gone either way. Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game.

It was a good game, both teams played hard. Neither team parked the bus on defense, it was physical play throughout the field. Blues scored on slammers own goal from a corner. Slammers scored end of 1st half and blues scored midway thru 2nd half. Blues won, could of gone either way. Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game.
Great sport bro :)

I thought that having 6 players defending in the Box meant parking the bus in 9v9. I do see this a lot with teams playing 9v9. Especially when running a 3-3-2 formation. The 3 midfielders drop back with the 3 defenders and defend the box and then send the ball with a big kick after they get back possession. They try to hit their gazelles running forward especially to counter. Never any build up or nice passing plays. Muscle your way through the herd and try to score on forcing mistakes and scoring with kickball counters.
If you press with 6, why would a defense take their sweet time building out from the back? They have a wide open half with only 2 people to defend it; they’re going to try to use that opportunity before it goes away.

No need to call it kickball. That’s just smart soccer.

If you press with 6, why would a defense take their sweet time building out from the back? They have a wide open half with only 2 people to defend it; they’re going to try to use that opportunity before it goes away.

No need to call it kickball. That’s just smart soccer.
I agree. Defense wins championships. At the World Cup level you see small teams and big teams playing defensively. Teams like Iran did it to Argentina and others. Italy won several championships mostly playing a defensive tactic.

That video shows how lucky the player got to score that goal. It’s not pretty soccer but it works.

I agree. Defense wins championships. At the World Cup level you see small teams and big teams playing defensively. Teams like Iran did it to Argentina and others. Italy won several championships mostly playing a defensive tactic.

That video shows how lucky the player got to score that goal. It’s not pretty soccer but it works.

I call it a right place, right time goal. Fun seeing such young players battling.

Back