G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

Luis, it was nice meeting you this weekend. It was awesome soccer and a great introduction to what I hope will be a great rivalry for the years to come. From what I understand some real soccer games coming up in 3 weeks. This weekend was a good warm-up.
soooo, result?

Albion Tournament in Laughlin, NV. As it stands, I believe Surf, Blues, Albion and Eagles are planning to attend. March 13 & 14.
Any fallout from tryouts for those top teams? Noteworthy additions or subtractions? More consolidation appears to be happening in OC as smaller clubs struggle in tough Covid environment.

I can only speak for Surf, but since this is the ‘10s site, Surf, a great team got better. Top two players left Albion and came to Surf. So I guess that would address two teams. I have no idea how the LA and the OC clubs did.

correct me if I am wrong surfer dad, basically Surf g2010 is almost entirely made up of the SDSC teams? one of the Albion girls was an original SDSC Navy? Is it safe to assume SDSC produces good players? All I know is their center mid, in my opinion is the best player. I think someone said she came from Sharks. She is smooth, smart player, she knows how to move the ball.
[/QUOTE]

correct me if I am wrong surfer dad, basically Surf g2010 is almost entirely made up of the SDSC teams? one of the Albion girls was an original SDSC Navy? Is it safe to assume SDSC produces good players? All I know is their center mid, in my opinion is the best player. I think someone said she came from Sharks. She is smooth, smart player, she knows how to move the ball.

Yes one of the two that moved from Albion to Surf, was one of the three from SDSC to Albion the previous year. I wouldn't say SDSC necessarily produces good players though. No more or less than any other club. They just had a really strong G2010 base of players but couldn't manage to keep them. Part of the issue was some pretty good second team players who's parents felt cock blocked on moving up to the first team (understandable) and Surf was happy to take them. The rest was a unique set of circumstances that affected the first team. I think a lot of it could have been avoided with appropriate club management and coaching decisions, but that didn't happen.

Yes Surf's mid is a great little player and yes she came from Sharks. Fun fact .. there was a chance she would have played at SDSC a couple seasons ago but her parents chose Surf instead. Part of me thinks that if she had come to SDSC, the first team may have stayed together because the club would have demonstrated that they could attract good new players rather than lose them. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Either way, there will always be movement, but hopefully all the kids are all in good places to continue to develop and love the game.

I hope the Albion goalkeeper (former SDSC) makes her way to the Surf team. She is one heck of a goalie! Not that the current one isn’t, at some point the team will need 2.

Looks like almost all the big dogs from SD are in. Curious how this affects the overall landscape in this age group.

So are all the AYSO teams moving to SCDSL? What a strange landscape soccer is. All these years, SCDSL parents belittle the CSL and Presidio for having AYSO teams but now they brag about them coming over to SCDSL?

Looks like solid competition in all 3 Flight 1 divisions with the south likely the most competitive. Great games every weekend. Curious why City SC and Rebels opted out.

With the new season starting for everyone, the girls finally get to play some soccer. Covid has been a blessing in the sky for us. I hope you took advantage of the down time cause we sure did. Her ball mastery is at another level this year. Here is a little clip of her using the Boosta training app. For $10 bucks a month it was well worth the investment. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/boosta-training/id1491523357

Great skills bro. That is the blessing in the sky. I can;t wait to see her as she grows into super star soccer player. Looks like she loves it and I mean that 100% :)

Back