G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

I just heard Slammers PA beat Albion 2-0. They are better than most give them credit for.

You "heard" it eh? :p

They're a solid side for sure. That tall, aggressive defender I remember from a couple years back is even taller and more aggressive now, they have a good mix of big and small/technical, and their keeper is one of the best I've seen in the age group. Lots of athletic kids on that roster. It's not really a surprise though. PA always puts together good teams by around this age.

You "heard" it eh? :p

They're a solid side for sure. That tall, aggressive defender I remember from a couple years back is even taller and more aggressive now, they have a good mix of big and small/technical, and their keeper is one of the best I've seen in the age group. Lots of athletic kids on that roster. It's not really a surprise though. PA always puts together good teams by around this age.
Standings : G2010 Flight 1 -SCDSL--------
I had some time to spare on the flight back from business to draw up some Standings G10 for fun--There may be some corrections, feel free to let me know. There is still 3 or 4 games to be played so this draft is rough. Who will come out on top? Who is most improved? Have fun!! I'm going to do the B2009 standings as well before I land in San Diego, keep an eye out.Standings.jpg

Standings : G2010 Flight 1 -SCDSL--------
I had some time to spare on the flight back from business to draw up some Standings G10 for fun--There may be some corrections, feel free to let me know. There is still 3 or 4 games to be played so this draft is rough. Who will come out on top? Who is most improved? Have fun!! I'm going to do the B2009 standings as well before I land in San Diego, keep an eye out.View attachment 10688
What a stacked division! I’m expecting big things from Slammers PA... pretty impressive what they have done..

What a stacked division! I’m expecting big things from Slammers PA... pretty impressive what they have done..
Yes, I agree with you... especially the small number of goals against them. Looks like they are doing something right. I have seen them play a couple of times, also Seems like there are some teams missing, maybe playing in other Leagues. I can’t wait for the coming tournaments with these teams..:)

Yes, I agree with you... especially the small number of goals against them. Looks like they are doing something right. I have seen them play a couple of times, also Seems like there are some teams missing, maybe playing in other Leagues. I can’t wait for the coming tournaments with these teams..:)
Does anyone knows what happened to CDA Slammers Crowley?? They were a scrappy team too...

state cup is all set but here is the kicker. It’s a cross over tournament. Meaning teams in bracket A play the teams in bracket B. Blues and Eagles top team are both in bracket A and they will not play each other. As only one can make it to the finals.so even if Blues and Eagles win all of their games only one from Bracket A will advance to the final. Meanwhile a team in bracket B can lose to both eagles A team and Blues and still make it to the finals. What is cal south thinking ? :rolleyes: Cal South needs to change this and put the Eagles A team in bracket B to make it right, or else someone in Bracket B is getting a free pass to the finals.

it’s a shame that the number 1 and number 3 ranked teams don’t get to play each other.

View attachment 10646
It's silly. Bracket A teams have won all of their games. Bracket B have lost all of their games. But the finals will be #1A and #1B. So this weekend, either someone in B wins a game and advances to the finals or someone in B does not get completely killed and makes it to the finals. I guess lucky for Ole/South Valley, they'll know going how many goals they need to advance.

It's silly. Bracket A teams have won all of their games. Bracket B have lost all of their games. But the finals will be #1A and #1B. So this weekend, either someone in B wins a game and advances to the finals or someone in B does not get completely killed and makes it to the finals. I guess lucky for Ole/South Valley, they'll know going how many goals they need to advance.

Ole or Slammers Cruz will get the free pass in bracket B. So if it’s Ole then they can’t argue that their 2011 team was done wrong. It’s not only about wins, it’s about getting shut outs and scoring goals with a cap of 4 goal differential points per game. And 1 point for every shut out. You can’t argue that the Blues teams sitting in the top position of their brackets have not done their job in getting those extra points.

It could be a Cruz versus Blues Finals... circa 2018

I want to hear what @Surfer_dad has to say.. he gives pretty colorful and detailed commentary
I don’t comment on games we should have won. Give great credit to two things. Great game coaching by the Albian Coach, and ok, I will add that Surf’s coach has decided to make this a better team, not based on the score of games today, but by their style of play and control of games. Ask me at the end of the league spring season how they are playing. That’s not too long from now.

I don’t comment on games we should have won. Give great credit to two things. Great game coaching by the Albian Coach, and ok, I will add that Surf’s coach has decided to make this a better team, not based on the score of games today, but by their style of play and control of games. Ask me at the end of the league spring season how they are playing. That’s not too long from now.
Pass from the back takes time for youngers and even the best players will make mistakes going from side to side and back some more and moving the ball around like Hoosiers. Its the best and safest way to play the game for the girls.

Got the chance to create some highlights of that epic game. Surf vs Blues 2021 league game. Best plays from both sides. Enjoy... that speed from both teams... insane.
Luis, did you do this? Nice job! It was a great game and boy are you right, the speed of play was so intense, that it helped us realize that we need to get better under that kind of pressure.

Pass from the back takes time for youngers and even the best players will make mistakes going from side to side and back some more and moving the ball around like Hoosiers. Its the best and safest way to play the game for the girls.
Boy are you right about that. It is actually pretty easy until you run into high pressure and then parents start asking why we are playing that way. Becoming a mature team takes time, and it doesn’t happen overnight. You are going to lose a few games along the way, but for the end result of winning the last game of the year, which is usually a national championship.

I have to agree and I am very impressed by the Surf team. They might not be ranked #1 now or even at the end of the spring league but I think they will be the top team in the coming years. They are well-coached and have the talent and athletes needed to be the best.

Boy are you right about that. It is actually pretty easy until you run into high pressure and then parents start asking why we are playing that way. Becoming a mature team takes time, and it doesn’t happen overnight. You are going to lose a few games along the way, but for the end result of winning the last game of the year, which is usually a national championship.
I must admit I was one of those parents because I like to win. Boy was I 100% wrong. Players were taken out of game if they were ball hogs or tried to do circus acts like dribble & Juggle through 6 players. That is not soccer, MOO. Good luck bro :)

Back