G2010...how is the 2020 Season going?

Let’s start a heathy top tier teams for Nor Cal / So Cal / Texas leading up to Surf Cup 2020

So Cal
Tier 1
Blues
Eagles
Albion
Legends / Arsenal (not sure where the old Legends team is at now))
SD Surf
Slammers PA

Tier 2
City FC
Ole
Rebel SC
Slammers Whittier

No Cal
Tier 1
MVLA
????
Need help from @dad4

Texas
Tier1
Dallas Texans
Solar - Covin

Please help and add remove as needed

@Luis Andres @Sokrplayer75 @Goforgoal @dad4 @PaPa805 @SoccerFan06 @Mic Nificent @Teddy_Olive @The Red Dragon @Dontknowsoccer
That Legends North team is now Sporting Ca, Arsenal.

Let’s start a heathy top tier teams for Nor Cal / So Cal / Texas leading up to Surf Cup 2020

So Cal
Tier 1
Blues
Eagles
Albion
SD Surf
Slammers PA

Tier 2
City FC
Ole
Rebel SC
Slammers Whittier

No Cal
Tier 1
MVLA
????
Need help from @dad4

Texas
Tier1
Dallas Texans
Solar - Covin

@Luis Andres @Sokrplayer75 @Goforgoal @dad4 @PaPa805 @SoccerFan06 @Mic Nificent @Teddy_Olive @The Red Dragon @Dontknowsoccer
Your list looks spot on......You could possibly add Real So Cal/EDA/CDA Crowley to the list. Lets see how they do in the next few months, but it would help to grow the Tier 2 list.

Real So Cal tied City SC in Arsenal Challenge, EDA had some good wins last year and CDA HB Crowley finished well in state cup.

Top 10 Ranked in No Cal...Not sure how accurate, however, sure a few parents up north can add clarity.

1603140205311.png

Top 10 Ranked in North Texas...Not sure how accurate, however, sure a few TX parents can add clarity. This is just north TX, so there are probably some top teams from the south too.

1603140428010.png

I'm sure there have been some modified rosters/guest players for the UT and AZ tournaments so its hard to know exactly where teams stand.

So Cal
Tier 1
Blues
Eagles
Albion
SD Surf
Slammers PA

Tier 2
City FC
Ole
Rebel SC
Slammers Whittier

No Cal
Tier 1
MVLA
????
Need help from @dad4

Texas
Tier1
Dallas Texans
Solar - Covin

The YSR rankings for norcal are good, but they reflect the world as of December 2019. If anything changed, we don’t know about it yet either.

A bunch of norcal teams are going to Mayor’s Cup in Vegas. Everyone will be rusty, but it will give us some idea how things have changed.

So Cal
Tier 1
Blues
Eagles
Albion
SD Surf
Slammers PA

I agree. These are the top 6 teams in Socal.

1. Blues - 2x champs and added from Ole, CDA Slammers HB, CDA Slammers Cerritos
2. SD Surf - got 4+ from SDSC including the CM and F
3. Eagles
4. Sporting Ca, Arsenal (Legends)
5. Slammers PA
6. Albion

Surf and Eagles as well as MVLA are playing in the Mayor's Cup. Should be some great games.

I’m curious why everyone has Slammers so high. They really struggled at the end of last year having a poor showing at the Albion tournament in Temecula and State Cup. I’m also curious how many SDSC players Albion picked up. Let’s not forget they were runners up last year. Going in to the season (whenever that is), I think it’s a 5 team race. Just take Slammers out and I think the above is right.

Trying to rank them in order is impossible until they actually play.

I’m curious why everyone has Slammers so high. They really struggled at the end of last year having a poor showing at the Albion tournament in Temecula and State Cup. I’m also curious how many SDSC players Albion picked up. Let’s not forget they were runners up last year. Going in to the season (whenever that is), I think it’s a 5 team race. Just take Slammers out and I think the above is right.

Trying to rank them in order is impossible until they actually play.

Albion picked up 3 from SDSC (2 forwards 1 mid and 1 defender CB)
Surf picked up 4 from SDSC (goalie, CM and winger)

If Albion picked up the players I think you're talking about, I would think the Blues are 1A and they are 1B. That's quite a haul.

@Sockers858 , it sounds like you are in the know when it comes to SD soccer. Since Surf picked up SDSC's keeper, what happened to last year's Surf keeper. From what I saw, I thought she was very good. Did she move on, or is Surf carrying 2 keepers?

If Albion picked up the players I think you're talking about, I would think the Blues are 1A and they are 1B. That's quite a haul.

@Sockers858 , it sounds like you are in the know when it comes to SD soccer. Since Surf picked up SDSC's keeper, what happened to last year's Surf keeper. From what I saw, I thought she was very good. Did she move on, or is Surf carrying 2 keepers?
they are reversed, the numbers are correct, the descriptions are the opposite. Albion picked up the goalie, CM, winger...

Oops my bad

Surf picked up 4 (2 forward 1 winger 1 CB)
Albion picked up 3 (1 winger, 1 CM 1 Goalie)

what players are you talking about?
@SoccerFan6
For me, 2 of the best players in the entire age group were SDSC last year. The left footed CB who is one of the twins, and the forward with the headband (I think #12). Every player from SDSC can ball, but those two are another level. Sounds like they went to Surf.

Royals Cup

Best Matchup of pool play

Blues vs RSL-AZ South
**2nd game

Blues vs AJ United
**3rd game
Let’s see if Ajax improved

Blues taking the hardware

Copper Sky

Surf SD vs Sporting California Arsenal
**should be an exciting game and which team shows up ready to play

Surf SD / Arsenal taking the hardware home

Let’s see some predictions and have fun

The only ones I question are Legends and Slammers PA to be Tier 1. Who did they add that makes them worthy of Tier 1. When last Season Tier 1 where SDSC, Blues, Eagles. Albion and surf jump to Tier 1 Because they were a Tier 2 that picked up 1/2 A team that was Tier 1. But can we say the same for Slammers PA and that new Arsenal team. Who did they add?

Great question about both teams..

did the Aresnal have a team last year or did they merge with another team?

The only ones I question are Legends and Slammers PA to be Tier 1. Who did they add that makes them worthy of Tier 1. When last Season Tier 1 where SDSC, Blues, Eagles. Albion and surf jump to Tier 1 Because they were a Tier 2 that picked up 1/2 A team that was Tier 1. But can we say the same for Slammers PA and that new Arsenal team. Who did they add?

good call @Luis Andres

Tier 1
Eagles
Blues

Tier 2
Albion
Surf SD
Slammers PA
Legends / Arsenal

**going back to the roots of tiers
***you must be a proven winner in big tournaments

Maybe I'm too kind, but I have Albion, Surf, and Arsenal in Tier 1. I understand they aren't "proven winners in big tournaments", but here's why. We can agree to disagree, I'm just happy we're actually talking soccer.

Albion - State Cup finalist who finished the year strong. Added key SDSC players who have a pedigree of winning.
Surf - State Cup Semi-finalist who added
the top SDSC players.
Arsenal - State Cup Semifinalist, but easily could have been in the final if they were on the other side of the bracket. Got better as the year went on, and were the only team to beat the Blues 2x last year (I think they went 2-3 against Blues, but last year seems like a distant memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong) Only thing with Arsenal is I'm not sure who they added.

Can anyone report on the Colorado and Texas teams for 2010? (and whether they’ll be at Surf AZ)

Real CO seems to have been cleaning up in U12 Champions league. Games that were ties or close losses last year are now 3 point wins.

Maybe I'm too kind, but I have Albion, Surf, and Arsenal in Tier 1. I understand they aren't "proven winners in big tournaments", but here's why. We can agree to disagree, I'm just happy we're actually talking soccer.

Albion - State Cup finalist who finished the year strong. Added key SDSC players who have a pedigree of winning.
Surf - State Cup Semi-finalist who added
the top SDSC players.
Arsenal - State Cup Semifinalist, but easily could have been in the final if they were on the other side of the bracket. Got better as the year went on, and were the only team to beat the Blues 2x last year (I think they went 2-3 against Blues, but last year seems like a distant memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong) Only thing with Arsenal is I'm not sure who they added.

i agree with your comments in the teams you mentioned and spot on...but right now they all paper champs. They all need to prove they can win when needed. Arsenal did beat Blues (2) in season last year but got crushed by SDSC
. All teams need to rise up. They did beat SDSC in state cup give them credit for that.

City FC beat Albion at Arsenal challenge a couple of weeks ago. Give credit to City FC and was a shocking win. Adjusting to 9x9 and possible new teammates is the key to success and great coach will help tremendously.

I’m glad the games are competitive and most importantly they are playing and having fun.

Recap of Big Tournaments

Manchester CIty
Champs - Blues
Finalist- SDSC
**best SDSC in pool play as well

Albion Cup
Champs - SDSC
Finalist - Albion
**best Albion in pool play as well

Surf Cup
Champs - MVLA
Finalist- Blues
**SDSC lost in pool play to Eagles
**Eagles lost to MVLA in semi-finals
**Albion lost to Surf SD in pool play

Blues Cup
Champs - SDSC
Finalist- Blues
**Blues best SDSC in pool play and Eagles in the Semi.

State Cup
Champs - Blues
Finalist- Albion (easiest road to finals)
**Arsenal best SDSC in PKs but lost to Blues the next round
**Eagles lost to Surf SD

The one coming thing was Blues or SDSC was either champs of finalist in every tournament.

Blues - State Cup Champs (2)

Eagles - no major tournament champsions but had great showing in major tournaments and past proven champions.

SDSC- No longer a team

Legends / Arsenal - played in smaller tournaments but had great season wins against Blues and a great state cup run. Unfortunately did not play in the big tournaments

Albion - had a great season and were
Finalist in (Albion Cup) and (State Cup). Albion finished in 1st in Presidio beating SD Surf (2)

SD Surf - had a great state cup run and that’s really it.

Back