G2010...how is the 2020 Season going?

We’re still doing zoom, both for practice and for social. Lack of friends is hard at this age.

Ender Dragon is dead, yet again.

Coming to grips with the possibility that Surf won’t happen.

⚽

⚽

Nif

ty footage for sure. This is your daughter training during Covid lockdown? Or is this Fabi training in December of last year like the video title suggests? Judging by hand movements, I think this video is sped up...maybe 5%? Nice workout in any case.
I looked more closely... this young lady has great foot skills. The first sequence is sped up but after that, it’s all legit. Congrats to your player. Keep up the hard work...

Any word on plans for Surf?

Seems like it would be tough to justify the usual crowds, but you might be able todo something more distributed or delayed.
For Surf Cup (If its played), will be spread out throughout the month of August based on age groups. I think 2010 age group will be played August 15-16th). Not positive on date, could be 22-23rd.

1590007204881.png

Tournaments will be hard to pull off. I’m hoping for scrimmages with parents 10 feet apart. Maybe late June.

@Soccer
2019 was a great season and roughly 13 games remaining for the 2019 season.

Any new players added, removed, coaching changes, and what league / tournaments is your DD is planning on playing?

Topics
1. Tournaments
2. 9v9
3. Coaches Changes
4 Team rankings etc

Tier 1 teams
Blues
Eagles
SDSC - no longer a team

Possible Tier 1 teams
Surf SD - new additions of SDSC players
Albion - same as above and new coach
Legends - Beat Blues twice in league play but yet to win a big tournament
Slammers PA - knockout of state cup already and has work to do
OC Surf - same as above
MSA - Still playing in state cup and has a huge change to upset Albion.
Liverpool - shocked they did compete in president cup this year. Anyone know why they did not?
Ole - might be a rebuilding year with a loss of key players

please post any other candidates to compete for Tier 1

@WillJohn @TheRedDragon, @PaPa805 @Goforgoal @Luis Andres @Bri’s-DAD @Sokrplayer75 @dad4 @Veritas @EM3 @soccerfam714 @Dontknowsoccer @Socal0 @justneededaname @XBZ
do you have a 2010 ‘preseason’ top 10 for us to discuss?

Have teams been allowed to train in person yet at the 2010 level?
Nothing yet on the team practices, all online training. Very close here though. Lots of players out training though in small groups. Best guess is in the next two weeks for some type of limited team practices. 9 players and a coach.

Sure.

1- Solar
2- Dallas Texans
3- MVLA
4- Real Colorado
5- Blues
6- Eagles
7- SD surf
8- Albion
9- Legends
10- SDSC

. Yeeeeehah!
Few minor tweaks, all IMO of course, and not based off possible player additions for 2020 season, because I don't know about out of state team additions/subtractions.....I go MVLA #1 and SDSC is broken up (remove from list) so that adds more top players to SD Surf and Albion. All these teams are great and can beat each other any given day. Who is your new #10?

Few minor tweaks, all IMO of course, and not based off possible player additions for 2020 season, because I don't know about out of state team additions/subtractions.....I go MVLA #1 and SDSC is broken up (remove from list) so that adds more top players to SD Surf and Albion. All these teams are great and can beat each other any given day. Who is your new #10?

Number 10 is hard. You can add an out of state team, but they often don’t play the hard teams so it is hard to place them. No one else seemed in the same league. With a lack of better options, I decided to go with SDSC, on the strength of the coaching, the second team, and any players they kept.

Who do you like for #10?

Number 10 is hard. You can add an out of state team, but they often don’t play the hard teams so it is hard to place them. No one else seemed in the same league. With a lack of better options, I decided to go with SDSC, on the strength of the coaching, the second team, and any players they kept.

Who do you like for #10?
#10 is too hard to say, I will leave that out until we get back to action, and results come in. You did nail the top 9 teams very well, congrats

Has anyone heard or seen the ‘Indy Premier’ Teams in action? They seemed to come out of nowhere in terms of the youth soccer rankings.

I got the expanded version! I appreciate that. Have you seen Solar and the Texans teams play?
I saw Texans. They are extremely fast, especially the forwards. They do not give you time to think. You had better check your shoulder before the ball comes. If you wait until after, you’ll be looking the wrong direction to see them steal it.

Anyone see Real Co. or have a game report on Solar?

Indy premier seems to be a self contained league. Almost all their games are against other indy premier teams. Therefore, no way to rank them. Just a glitch in YSR’s algorithm.

I got the expanded version! I appreciate that. Have you seen Solar and the Texans teams play?
Should #10 be either the Blues Team that was merged from OC Surf and LA Galaxy OC? Or maybe Slammers PA?
Should #10 be either the Blues Team that was merged from OC Surf and LA Galaxy OC? Or maybe Slammers PA?
Those two teams will have to prove themselves to get the #10 spot. From what I hear, new Blues team picked up girls from a few OC clubs (like you mentioned) and Slammers PA has improved. I'm sure there are a lot of good out of state teams, especially Nocal teams that could fill the spot.

Back