G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

On a good note. I just finished my video editing project that I had been working on for the last 3 weeks. Spent over 60 hours on it and I gotta say I'm damn proud of the final product. Didn't know I had it in me. But when you have passion and you enjoy it. I guess anything is possible. I'm gonna give this work of art, video to my DD for Christmas. I've put a special message for her at the end of the video that I hope she remembers for a long time, especially when she's older. Best viewed on the computer using head phones. The sound effects and attention to detail on this highlight video is one of a kind....

Really man there was no excuse for that. That was bad and uncalled for. I still feel terrible about that day. I was at my worst then. Gotten better now. I just was taking things way too serious then. And it's not about choosing to keep a good player either. I should have been kicked out, You are right but my DD is the complete opposite. She is the nicest and most kind player you'll ever meet. A true lady on the field. So it was decided that she can stay but me not to attend games during the season. I had to be punished fo it...
Why does everyone talk about how we as dads=who our daughters are. If Luis throws one more chair, band him for one year. Another chair, band for life. The kid is innocent just like my sweet little girl. Everyone who has been on the same teams as my dd loves her and me. All others not so much. I went after Doc a few years ago and he told me he would look into my serious questions and concerns I had with the coach and behaviors of other coaches and Doc. My kid is just ok player and in this non competitive pay per play Elite soccer league I was toast and labeled a club hopper and told all college coaches that Doc knew would know how crazy I am and no college coach wants to deal with a crazy PaPa Bear so shut your mouth. Just like Fact said, be careful who you let your kid train with for soccer.

The one thing that all successful people have in common and is something that I’m teaching my DD. Is that they have to fall in love with the process and almost have an obsessive behavior towards it from the fun of doing it. One must develop “down stream focus” because if you treat it like a job having “up stream focus” you are going to be going against the current. And no matter how smart or brilliant you are. I always put my money on the guy who may not be as smart but has the down stream focus. He will get way further than you ever will because he is obsessively having fun and enjoying the process. When things get tough you are gonna fold and he will keep on going.

Why does everyone talk about how we as dads=who our daughters are. If Luis throws one more chair, band him for one year. Another chair, band for life. The kid is innocent just like my sweet little girl. Everyone who has been on the same teams as my dd loves her and me. All others not so much. I went after Doc a few years ago and he told me he would look into my serious questions and concerns I had with the coach and behaviors of other coaches and Doc. My kid is just ok player and in this non competitive pay per play Elite soccer league I was toast and labeled a club hopper and told all college coaches that Doc knew would know how crazy I am and no college coach wants to deal with a crazy PaPa Bear so shut your mouth. Just like Fact said, be careful who you let your kid train with for soccer.
Cause typically, the Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.....

I gotta agree with you. It’s not her fault in any way. Not to say that what I did was right but she shouldn’t have to suffer. At the end of the day we are two separate beings. I took the punishment and I deserved it. I miss going to live games. And I feel the pain on what I missed out on but I’m not complaining. It’s like I went to Soccer jail for 6 months. But hey we live and we learn. I was way too competitive and serious back then. But I now know never to do that again cause I can’t do another season like this. The younger ages are tough because there are so many different parents with different goals for their children. Some taking things way more serious than others.

Different mentalities for work ethic and player development. For me so far so good. Can’t complain on her progress. She’s become that player mostly due to me. What I have taught her to value and the way I’m teaching her on how to win in life and get ahead. Some people don’t like it and say I’m a bit extreme. I don’t see it that way. Success leaves clues and one can study them to model the people that have reached their goals. I know . I may not have all the answers but I’m smart enough to recognize when something is not working and adapt to the next best thing. I don’t see nothing wrong with a little tough love as long as she is enjoying the process.
Luis - this doesn't change as Fabi gets older. Even on the older top teams, other parents and players will have different goals and work ethic. This is something you must accept or you'll have a tough time and you'll make it tough on Fabi. Focusing on Fabi and her development is going to make her great but worrying about and wanting to control other parents and players is going to make it tough for Fabi.

Sincerely,
- nagging wife that thinks Luis has hope and can change

So it’s the same for the top DA programs as well? I would have thought everyone on those types of teams are super serious about training and getting to the next level. Don’t know really. Im just assuming
Sadly (or maybe great, depending on your perspective), yes. There will always be a range within any team. Even if you get lucky enough to find a group of girls that are all dedicated at the same level, you'll realize that some efforts pay off while others have peaked due to the changes in their bodies - then you'll get frustrated about this scenario too. Why waste your energy doing so when you can spend all that energy on Fabi and guarantee that it'll pay off bc she's got such great genetics from your wife's family.

OC Tournament of Champions predictions

Pool Play:

Bracket A
Albion vs Real So Cal - Albion
Albion vs OC Galaxy - tie game
Real So Cal vs OC Galaxy - OC Galaxy

Albion and Galaxy will move onto the semi-finals

Bracket B
Blues vs Ole - Blues in a tighter game then the previous matchup
Blues vs AZ Arsenal - Blues
Ole vs AZ Arsenal - Ole

Blue and Ole advance to semi-final

Semi Finals

Blues vs OC Galaxy - Blues
Blues vs Albion - Blues by a sliver
Ole vs Albion - Albion in a nail biter
Ole vs OC Galaxy - Ole with a late goal
From a set play

Finals
Blues over Albion
Blues over Ole

Congrats to Blues

Just hoping all semi games are close And fun to watch! Been on the lookout for new player!

Good luck to all!

By the way Texas folks are not too happy with me barging in to what they call the lions Den. Took there little thread from under 6k views to over 9k in a matter of a couple days. They have 1 player out there who one of the father speaks very highly off. She plays for the Texans and is their CM. She looks pretty good no doubt. Does anyone here recall seeing her play and stand out in games? Mia Edwards

She is a good little baller very skilled, fast and can dribble with a decent shot. Try to find tape vs MVLA or SDSC.

a lot of the 2011 team Dad’s really look up to what I’ve accomplished with my daughter.

Man, I started to type up a long post about how Wrong this statement is and how this is her journey, not yours, but then I noticed that you are trashing your daughter’s teammates over on the north Texas forum and it is clear that nothing I or anyone says would have any impact on your actions and attitude.

As someone who has witnessed this movie multiple times over the years, in every single similar case what happens is that by about age 15 the daughter either hated soccer or hated her father. Always one or the other. I hope and pray your eyes open and you can break that trend and avoid that pathway.

what you talking about man. I’ve only talked about my own daughter. You trippin. And who the hell are you anyways? What’s up you got a problem? Wouldn’t be surprised if you one of the haters from over there having an account here.

Did you not say over there that your daughter shut down the entire Solar team at Supercopa, but unfortunately her teammates at left back and right back gave up goals that ended up knocking out her team? Or is that a different Luis over there who they are making fun of?

OC Tournament of Champions predictions

Pool Play:

Bracket A
Albion vs Real So Cal - Albion
Albion vs OC Galaxy - tie game
Real So Cal vs OC Galaxy - OC Galaxy

Albion and Galaxy will move onto the semi-finals

Bracket B
Blues vs Ole - Blues in a tighter game then the previous matchup
Blues vs AZ Arsenal - Blues
Ole vs AZ Arsenal - Ole

Blue and Ole advance to semi-final

Semi Finals

Blues vs OC Galaxy - Blues
Blues vs Albion - Blues by a sliver
Ole vs Albion - Albion in a nail biter
Ole vs OC Galaxy - Ole with a late goal
From a set play

Finals
Blues over Albion
Blues over Ole

Congrats to Blues

Just hoping all semi games are close And fun to watch! Been on the lookout for new player!

Good luck to all!

Is Albion the best team in San Diego besides SDSC? Has anyone seen them? Wondering what kind of team they are.

Man, I started to type up a long post about how Wrong this statement is and how this is her journey, not yours, but then I noticed that you are trashing your daughter’s teammates over on the north Texas forum and it is clear that nothing I or anyone says would have any impact on your actions and attitude.

As someone who has witnessed this movie multiple times over the years, in every single similar case what happens is that by about age 15 the daughter either hated soccer or hated her father. Always one or the other. I hope and pray your eyes open and you can break that trend and avoid that pathway.

Man what is it with you guys thinking I have A bad relationship with my daughter. Like I have her as a slave playing. It’s not like that at all. She wants to train and improve and I simply support her. I’m not forcing her to anything. But inspire her and fuel her psychology. I got her thinking she has super powers like the flash. She believes it. Same way she believes in Santa Claus. Nothing wrong with that.

Is Albion the best team in San Diego besides SDSC? Has anyone seen them? Wondering what kind of team they are.
They were undefeated in league. They did beat Blues once. With SDSC Navy falling apart, they are picking up some of those players. They will be even better.

How about a home run, a hole in one and a strike all in one. Enjoy folks. The truth. How can one argue this?

Last edited:

Albion is a well coached team and has solid players They tied Surf SD in league play and had 60 GF and 11 GA. They lost to SDSC in Albion Cup in pool play (4-1) and the finals (5-1). They did beat Blues in PK in semi-finals.

How about a home run, a hole in one and a strike all in one. Enjoy folks. The truth.

I don't know how club soccer was before 2011 but the last 8 years has been one big "keep up with the Joneses" "Elite Soccer Leagues everywhere" England Invasion" "Pay to Play" "Guarantee Positions" "Training Centers as Recruiting Centers" "25% Guarantee Starts" "Rich Dads getting Richer in soccer biz" "Poor Dads who speak up get Blacklisted" "TM MaMa Bears" "Free Rides for Top Goats" "Showcases every Quarter across the country" "High School Soccer is evil" "Soccer Year Round" "Charter Bus Rides for road games" "Big Hat No Cattle Showcases"
Next 8 years in SoCal: Only 3 teams in SoCal. Beach, Surf & Legends

Last edited:
Back