G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

Platnuim memberships are way up, page views are up and street credibility for the SS forum is way UP. @Dominic Brilliant selling @Luis Andres shares is very smart and a boss move there is no bad publicity.
My dd, all in one week, heard from friends, "Why are people calling SoCal Blues Kickballers on the forum?" and "Who is this Luis guy." I think I'm going to let my goat participate when she turns 16 next month. Why not, right? A goat dad called her "cry big baby" when she was 9 and she's had a few MaMa Bears give her so much grief I might have to let her loose. 16 for my kid=18.

Last edited:
I was a bit confused with the format. So this is the 2010 girls section. I'm from Illinois. We just moved here and I have 2 daughters. a 2010 and a 2007 any suggestions for clubs to look at? I'm in the LA area. Thanks

Welcome to the board and what part of LA?

They played recreational soccer over there but I'm looking for something more competitive.
I would check with LA Surf headquarters and see what satellite locations they have opening up. Competition is fierce out in SoCal and I'm only talking about the parents. Not all clubs are the same in SoCal. Good luck and welcome to Cali!!!

They played recreational soccer over there but I'm looking for something more competitive.
Clubs from the LA area is about as descriptive as ”clubs from the midwest”. Socal has about as many teams as the entire mississippi basin.

Unless your kids were scoring 40+ points per season in rec, you probably have a great club within 3 miles that will do exactly what you need. Post a city and a neighborhood, and people here can give you some local recommendations.

@Judaes

Stay local. Let your player have a life outside soccer. Most of these parents are crazy as fuck except for @Luis Andres. A true master mind at navigating the world of youth girls soccer.

Remember. At this age the kids aren't even playing soccer so the keys to have fun and grow a love for the game while making friends that will last a lifetime. The minute you treat the sport like a job your DD's burn out clock starts ticking and your bank account will be all dryed up trying to keep up with the Andreses

@Judaes

Stay local. Let your player have a life outside soccer. Most of these parents are crazy as fuck except for @Luis Andres. A true master mind at navigating the world of youth girls soccer.

Remember. At this age the kids aren't even playing soccer so the keys to have fun and grow a love for the game while making friends that will last a lifetime. The minute you treat the sport like a job your DD's burn out clock starts ticking and your bank account will be all dryed up trying to keep up with the Andreses
Any recommendation for G2010 in South OC area? my daughter plays in AYSO extra last year, possibly going another year.
not convince after a local club tryout.

I suggest Tudela FC. Small club. Good environment. Preach style of play (possession) and skill development. If you need more info about the club their president is a forum parent (KJR). Suggest private messaging him for more information.

@Judaes

Wow, this commentary was worthy enough for me to mark my return. Well done CL!!!

Alhambra is where we live
Know your location well. There are several clubs close. Santa Anita SC, FCGS, LA Surf, CZ Elite are all located in that area. Based on those LA Surf is the most competitive club with better choices. If your willing to drive to LA I again suggest Tudela.

@Judaes

I was trying to keep with Jones and the Smiths and now I have to compete with the Andreses. I quit, I can't keep up :(

Back