G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

At least this past year, the 2010 team didn't lose any players. Two girls went to Leslie's team (still Flight 1) and they added 3 new players.

That’s interesting to hear. Wonder where the 3 new girls came from and Leslie’s team was not a good flight 1 team last year so I’m sure adding 2 girls from Rennie was much welcomed. It’ll be interesting to see how the games play out this weekend and also the memorial challenge schedules were posted and slammers Cruz is playing legends so I’m interested to see the results after these next few tournaments to get a better understanding of the top teams this year and if there’s any change.

Lots of great matchups with the upcoming tournaments (Legends, Cerritos and Man City).
It’s going to be fun watching games and hearing updates throughout the next couple of weeks.

Looks like there was a drop or two as only 6 F1 teams left with the same group of CDA Slammers / Eagles / Blues. They are trying to fill it but don't think they'll find any takers.

Has anyone heard from the Legends folks about what their plan is? Would hate to be on Slammers-Cruz showing up for an 8am game without knowing if you are going to play.

Safe to say after this weekend blues Rennie and eagles are clearly the top teams. Slammers Cruz and legends have moments they are ok but definitely no where near the level of those teams. Slammers Cruz has dropped a lot. Legends looks like they are a strong defender and goalie away from being a top team. The forwards are very strong players. Blues looks better than they did last year. Idk who competes or beats them.

Safe to say after this weekend blues Rennie and eagles are clearly the top teams. Slammers Cruz and legends have moments they are ok but definitely no where near the level of those teams. Slammers Cruz has dropped a lot. Legends looks like they are a strong defender and goalie away from being a top team. The forwards are very strong players. Blues looks better than they did last year. Idk who competes or beats them.

I think you might be forgetting about SDSC, but we'll find out soon enough as those two will square off against each other at Man City.

True very good point I wish I was able to go down and watch that game but just speaking from teams in this tournament blues looks like they added players and got better which is shocking so if they beat SDSC and now added girls and got better I don’t see SDSC winning. But we will see.

True very good point I wish I was able to go down and watch that game but just speaking from teams in this tournament blues looks like they added players and got better which is shocking so if they beat SDSC and now added girls and got better I don’t see SDSC winning. But we will see.

Not be a contrarian, but every F1 team has added at least a few quality players not just the Blues, and I'm assuming that holds true for SDSC as well.

Blues looks better than they did last year. Idk who competes or beats them.
You talk like their win in the finals was a blowout. Not what I heard at all and the score certainly doesn't reflect it. Score says that was a competitive game.

Not saying Albion is on the level of Blues, Eagles, or SDSC, but one tournament win with some very close games and I would think Blues would be looking at each other saying "I thought we were better than that"

And someone needs to tell the Legends coach that when you have to beg teams to come and fill your brackets last minute, you show some gratitude and don't go beating them 17-0. What a loser!

Congrats to Blues for winning Legends Classic and Albion for Finalist. Man City is next and can’t wait to see some great games with new reloaded rosters.

True the final score line was only 1-0 so maybe blues will be self evaluating after that. But Albion was very organized and structured. Their coach did a great job when I watched them against the slammers PA. And this is true the restructure of all F1 teams we will know in a few months and SDSC could very well have added a few new players too so maybe we will get to see blues vs SDSC in that tournament. As far as the legends coach. Granted I saw the score as well but I have looked at some presidents cup scores and some national cup scores for the olders. I think some coaches just aren’t of the generation to have “fair play” and the whole “participation medal” for each player. SoCal Chavez for olders teams and I’ve seen some of CDA slammers Cruz and even blues Rennie be double digit scorelines so I’m not going to talk bad on a coach. I think it’s a recruiting thing for each team in their area to make statement wins and that’s probably what that thought process was. But again if they won that much then kudos to him but what goes around comes around. I remember about 6 years ago the beach Fc team coached by Mauricio won a game against a flight 1 first place Europa team in playoffs I believe it was 14-1. Those were supposed to be top teams. Again, do I agree with that high of a score? Maybe not. But do I also see reasons why it could happen? Absolutely. So again I don’t think anyone should ever judge a coach or player for something like that. Another good comparison would be college basketball. Do you think coach K of Duke feels bad when his team wins 100+ to 40? I don’t think so.

True the final score line was only 1-0 so maybe blues will be self evaluating after that. But Albion was very organized and structured. Their coach did a great job when I watched them against the slammers PA. And this is true the restructure of all F1 teams we will know in a few months and SDSC could very well have added a few new players too so maybe we will get to see blues vs SDSC in that tournament. As far as the legends coach. Granted I saw the score as well but I have looked at some presidents cup scores and some national cup scores for the olders. I think some coaches just aren’t of the generation to have “fair play” and the whole “participation medal” for each player. SoCal Chavez for olders teams and I’ve seen some of CDA slammers Cruz and even blues Rennie be double digit scorelines so I’m not going to talk bad on a coach. I think it’s a recruiting thing for each team in their area to make statement wins and that’s probably what that thought process was. But again if they won that much then kudos to him but what goes around comes around. I remember about 6 years ago the beach Fc team coached by Mauricio won a game against a flight 1 first place Europa team in playoffs I believe it was 14-1. Those were supposed to be top teams. Again, do I agree with that high of a score? Maybe not. But do I also see reasons why it could happen? Absolutely. So again I don’t think anyone should ever judge a coach or player for something like that. Another good comparison would be college basketball. Do you think coach K of Duke feels bad when his team wins 100+ to 40? I don’t think so.

You're comparing D1 college basketball to girls youth soccer?

You mention "double digit" scorelines. There's a big difference between a dozen goals and one that's pushing 20, where it's pretty obvious the coach is not calling off the hounds against a clearly out manned side that's mostly likely a F3 squad that filled a hole for their tournament last minute.

I doubt you could find a game in which a Blues Rennie team ever scored double digits. My understanding is they have an 8 goal max then they have to play pass on their own half. I've seen them do it and while its probably just as demoralizing for the opposing team as having goals poured in, it lacks the showboat feel and provides good development for blues players as they work on passing and possession.

They did this the last 15 minutes of the game and I watched them blow a pass in front of their goal, got scored on, Rennie had a teaching moment, kid that made the mistake learned something, the other team had a nice moment and life went on. Final score 8-1 didn't seem so bad.

I doubt you could find a game in which a Blues Rennie team ever scored double digits. My understanding is they have an 8 goal max then they have to play pass on their own half. I've seen them do it and while its probably just as demoralizing for the opposing team as having goals poured in, it lacks the showboat feel and provides good development for blues players as they work on passing and possession.

It's also a good opportunity to move players to positions that they're not comfortable with. Move your keeper to forward. Move your forward to defender. Have your center-mid play on a wing (and see if they can stay on their side of the field lol). Lots of learning opportunities in blow out games.

Some coaches are better than managing a mismatch than others. Albion played the same team Legends beat 17-0. The coach played his two top scorers as his goalies. He let defenders play attack, when the score was still starting to get a little high, he pulled a player. Then he pulled a second. That is one way to manage a blowout.

Another way is to turn it into a possession drill. SDSC was playing Slammera LB. They were up 10-0. The coach turned it into a drill. As soon as they won the ball, they passed it back to the goalie. Then they would work to pass the ball around their players until a forward had the ball near the Slammers goal box. Once they got their, they pulled up and passed the ball all the way back to the goalie and started over. Not only was it a great way to manage the game, it was very impressive how well those girls could move the ball around.

Back