Saturday
OC Surf vs OC Galaxy
Blues vs Legends
Slammers Cruz vs Beach

Sunday
Blues vs SDSC
OC Surf vs Legends
Hawks vs Slammers PA

3-1 Eagles win. Great 1st half. Second half the lineup changes killed us.

Really frustrating to watch this game when you know your team dominated the 1st half and if the game was managed better could have equated to a win. Some coaches go out to win and others, who knows what goes on in their heads. This game to me should have been a statement game. Let’s win and get over the hump. Cause we have the better team now

I hear all these other coaches talk about Tim Kelly but to me he is a great coach. Does not joy stick players makes the right moves in games and he knows how to win when it matters.

Last edited:
Games of the weekend

Saturday
OC Surf vs OC Galaxy
Blues vs Legends
Slammers Cruz vs Beach

Sunday
Blues vs SDSC
OC Surf vs Legends
Hawks vs Slammers PA
3-1 Eagles win. Great 1st half. Second half the lineup changes killed us. Coach puts in a player on defense who’s been injured for the last 1 1/2 months hasn’t played and recently returned to practice a week ago. She seemed lost today and out of pace. Gives up 2 easy goals by losing the ball. But hey game didn’t matter as it would not have changed standings. Maybe coach felt she needed to be thrown into the sharks so she can comeback to her A game faster. She’s a great player but the 1 1/2 month break has really affected her.

Really frustrating to watch this game when you know your team dominated the 1st half and if the game was managed better could have equated to a win. Some coaches go out to win and others, who knows what goes on in their heads. This game to me should have been a statement game. Let’s win and get over the hump. Cause we have the better team now

I hear all these other coaches talk about Tim Kelly but to me he is a great coach. Does not joy stick players makes the right moves in games and he knows how to win when it matters.

Great to here about Ole progress but getting over the hump would of been great. Development is part of the game and will only help the team in the future but winning sometimes trump development for confidence building. See you at Surf Thanksgiving

Great to here about Ole progress but getting over the hump would of been great. Development is part of the game and will only help the team in the future but winning sometimes trump development for confidence building. See you at Surf Thanksgiving

I totally agree with you and what this game did is mess with the confidence of players. Excuse my rant but I was not happy to see how this game was managed.

The bright side for me I guess was watching my DD play. She did a tremendous job in the midfield. Shutting down Eagles players. And she was the only one to score on our team. Caught them off guard ripped a shot straight into the net. I feel bad sometimes for her at times because she truly wants to win and get over the hump.

3-1 Eagles win. Great 1st half. Second half the lineup changes killed us. Coach puts in a player on defense who’s been injured for the last 1 1/2 months hasn’t played and recently returned to practice a week ago. She seemed lost today and out of pace. Gives up 2 easy goals by losing the ball. But hey game didn’t matter as it would not have changed standings. Maybe coach felt she needed to be thrown into the sharks so she can comeback to her A game faster. She’s a great player but the 1 1/2 month break has really affected her.

You better watch out for PaPa Bear or Mama Bear or maybe they like it when you give us play by play of their kids mistakes in the non-meaningful league game from today. This is a great time to get her ready for Thanksgiving Tournament. Please let all the girls pig out the night before Luis. My dd had a few soccer moms who where nutritionists on the team. Some of these girls were being monitored on the food they ate before the Thanksgiving tournaments. Coach even told some of them not to eat to much pie the night before...….Horrible!!!

You better watch out for PaPa Bear or Mama Bear or maybe they like it when you give us play by play of their kids mistakes in the non-meaningful league game from today. This is a great time to get her ready for Thanksgiving Tournament. Please let all the girls pig out the night before Luis. My dd had a few soccer moms who where nutritionists on the team. Some of these girls were being monitored on the food they ate before the Thanksgiving tournaments. Coach even told some of them not to eat to much pie the night before...….Horrible!!!

Not sure what coach Or team you are referring to. But no need to mention names either. As far as Thanksgiving, I’ve heard tryptophan can make one sleepy. I understand it may be horrible but maybe there was a reason why. Some say it can affect athletic performance and make one sleepy. Could it be because of that?

Not sure what coach Or team you are referring to. But no need to mention names either. As far as Thanksgiving, I’ve heard tryptophan can make one sleepy. I understand it may be horrible but maybe there was a reason why. Some say it can affect athletic performance and make one sleepy. Could it be because of that?
Let’s keep in mind these are 9 year old kids. They’re not getting paid to go out there and win games. Sometimes kids will be kids and it doesn’t matter how long of lay off a kid has been on. At 9 years old, any kid will make mistakes in a high pressure situation. If that game meant a lot to the parents, I’m sure it meant a lot to the kids. I’m sure she’s beating herself up about it because kids can feel it... from the parents, the coach and the team. Soccer is a team sport and you win and lose as a team. Just my opinion.

Let’s keep in mind these are 9 year old kids. They’re not getting paid to go out there and win games. Sometimes kids will be kids and it doesn’t matter how long of lay off a kid has been on. At 9 years old, any kid will make mistakes in a high pressure situation. If that game meant a lot to the parents, I’m sure it meant a lot to the kids. I’m sure she’s beating herself up about it because kids can feel it... from the parents, the coach and the team. Soccer is a team sport and you win and lose as a team. Just my opinion.

I totally understand your point and for those who argue that it only needs to be about development. My argument is then what does development truly mean then? Are you developing individual players, or is it team development. Or could it also be about developing a winning mentality as well. It’s all three.

When you have a team competing at the top level against the other top teams within their age group, I see it a bit different. There is a time for so called development and a time to also help them develop a winning mentality. And when it comes to these big games, you need to play to win these big games to “develop” the the mental toughness that is required at the highest level. When kids are emotionally effected from bad losses because they really tried but the game was not managed the way it could have been to infuse the confidence to develop that mental toughness that will help them persevere even when things are not going their way then you are not doing them any justice towards that “development” factor.

Development is not just getting them to improve solely in positions where they are weak at, there is also the development of the right mindset to win games and if you simply ignore that then you are not truly practicing a complete development program. Development is so loosely thrown around these days that to me it’s the excuse coaches use when they lose. What’s the point of going to Surf and competing at the top Tier bracket for that one single development purpose? These big tournaments are meant to develop the winning mentality. To help kids persevere when things get tough and aren’t going their way.

What did the Eagles do when they found themselves down 0-1 towards the end of the 1st half? They didn’t crack but got stronger, and why because they have developed that winning mentality over time by having the experience of being in big games in the big stage. They know how to get out of tough situations because of that. Because they came to win. But what did the so call development do to our team. It confused them, it put them in a tough spot where they slowly began to crack and their coach recognized it and exploited that to the fullest extent by moving his pieces like if he was playing a chess match. Eagles did not come to develop. They came to win.

Last edited:
I totally understand your point and for those who argue that it only needs to be about development. My argument is then what does development truly mean then? Are you developing individual players, or is it team development. Or could it also be about developing a winning mentality as well. It’s all three.

When you have a team competing at the top level against the other top teams within their age group, I see it a bit different. There is a time for so called development and a time to also help them develop a winning mentality. And when it comes to these big games, you need to play to win these big games to “develop” the the mental toughness that is required at the highest level. When kids are emotionally effected from bad losses because they really tried but the game was not managed the way it could have been to infuse the confidence to develop that mental toughness that will help you persevere even when things are not going their way then you are you doing them any justice towards that “development” factor.

Development is not just getting them to improve solely in positions where they are weak at, there is also the development of the right mindset to win games and if you simply ignore that then you are not truly practicing a complete development program. Development is so loosely thrown around these days that to me it’s the excuse coaches use when they lose. What’s the point of going to Surf and competing at the top Tier bracket for that one single development purpose? These big tournaments are meant to develop the winning mentality. To help kids persevere when things get tough and aren’t going their way.

What did the Eagles do when they found themselves down 0-1 towards the end of the 1st half? They didn’t crack but got stronger, and why because they have developed that winning mentality over time by having the experience of being in big games in the big stage. They know how to get out of tough situations because of that. Because they came to win. But what did the so call development do to our team. It confused them, it put them in a tough spot where they slowly began to crack and their coach recognized it and exploited that to the fullest extent by moving his pieces like if he was playing a chess match. Eagles did not come to develop. They came to win.
I’m not excusing the coach for the loss. He/she is the only that gets paid to handle the high pressure situations of the games. They should have a plan to put these kids in position to succeed because it’s their job...But what if the plan failed because of the execution? Do we blame the kid for not being able to execute the coaches plan? Or do we blame the coach?... who’s not on the field playing. I totally get your point but if ole would’ve won, we’re not having this discussion. The ole coach would be the best coach ever, the kid that came in rusty would be a hero instead of a scape goat and ole would’ve finally gotten over that hump. All I’m saying is let kids be kids... there are lessons in losing. Cut the coach some slack, coaching isn’t easy if they’re being micromanaged. These are just my own thoughts and opinions. I mean no offense and am just speaking as a parent.

OC Surf 1 Galaxy OC 0
Legend 3 Blues 0
Murrieta 3 Slammers PA 2

Congrats to all three on these wins!

So the best I can tell, Blues has two losses, SDSC has one loss and one draw, and Legends has three losses. So the champ of Flight 1 South will boil down to the result of Blues v SDSC tomorrow.

As a side note, if Blues wins tomorrow, they will have beaten SDSC twice, who beat Legends twice, who beat Blues twice. Lol! Soccer is funny sometimes.

3-1 Eagles win. Great 1st half. Second half the lineup changes killed us.

Said it before. At 9/10 years old I'll take a coach who focuses on developing a team over a coach who just plays his starters to win games.

You are right. Lots of chatter everywhere about Eagles coaching at this level and above because it's non existant. They play to win with a brand of “play“ that doesn't transition to the next level as the girls get older. This is why they can't keep teams together and their top flight teams slowly fall apart. Starting at the younger ages. It's about development and having a coach who actually coaches and doesn't give in to the parental units demands.
Your team sounds like it grown from last year and you actually have a rare coach who focuses on developing a team for long term success. Thats a win in its self.

Problem is @Tiredsoccerparent (love the name), dad coaches like Luis will always be on the sideline critiquing a 9 year old's mistakes. Now imagine not only a bunch of Luis dads and moms on a team but a coach and Doc, just like Luis but worse. Now that is very hard on little girls, let me tell you. Guys like Luis will learn the hard way.

Problem is @Tiredsoccerparent (love the name), dad coaches like Luis will always be on the sideline critiquing a 9 year old's mistakes. Now imagine not only a bunch of Luis dads and moms on a team but a coach and Doc, just like Luis but worse. Now that is very hard on little girls, let me tell you. Guys like Luis will learn the hard way.

Just cause I say something on a blog does not mean I’m literally talking to 9 years old on and telling them what to do on the sidelines. In fact I was not even at the game. My wife live streams them on my soloshot3 cam wide view angle. Personally don’t care to go watch our team blow out their opponents and see all the parents jump with joy and celebrate pointless goals on opponents that shouldn’t be playing against us, I’m interested to see our progress playing against the top
teams of Cas.

Having these top games live streamed is great as it allows replays. Get to rewind pause play back and analyze plays in detail During the game. I personally haven’t gone to a league game this year except for the first Eagles game. Only 2 teams I was interested in watching this season. Eagles and MSA. So I never even get the chance to talk to kids directly and I never would. That’s not my job. Let the coach do that. Maybe my own daughter, but that’s the relationship I have with. So if you were part of a team like that where everyone critiqued each other in front of each other’s children then I’m sorry for you, really am. Sorry you had to go through that.

Said it before. At 9/10 years old I'll take a coach who focuses on developing a team over a coach who just plays his starters to win games.

You are right. Lots of chatter everywhere about Eagles coaching at this level and above because it's non existant. They play to win with a brand of “play“ that doesn't transition to the next level as the girls get older. This is why they can't keep teams together and their top flight teams slowly fall apart. Starting at the younger ages. It's about development and having a coach who actually coaches and doesn't give in to the parental units demands.
Your team sounds like it grown from last year and you actually have a rare coach who focuses on developing a team for long term success. Thats a win in its self.

I understand but sometimes I don’t understand decisions made during big games that help potentially impact players confidence, wish I could share the game with you guys to show you how well our girls were moving the ball in the first half which shows how much they have developed their possession soccer. Eagles had no answer for us. It was just when you take out 3 starters at once and bring 3 subs from the bench that weren’t ready to play at the intensity that the players on the field had at the current moment that made me go like what’s going on??? That to me changed the dynamics of
the game and Eagles exploited that to the fullest extent. I would have just eased in the subs. 1 by 1 to minimize any big damage that could be done by the other team and to let fresh players adjust to the game’s intensity. If there is a development reason for this that I’m over looking then I may be wrong. It’s like let’s just throw them to the sharks and watch them to see if they can get out of this scenario. Just my 2 cents.

Just cause I say something on a blog does not mean I’m literally talking to 9 years old on and telling them what to do on the sidelines. In fact I was not even at the game. My wife live streams them on my soloshot3 cam wide view angle. Personally don’t care to go watch our team blow out their opponents and see all the parents jump with joy and celebrate pointless goals on opponents that shouldn’t be playing against us, I’m interested to see our progress playing against the top
teams of Cas.

Having these top games live streamed is great as it allows replays. Get to rewind pause play back and analyze plays in detail During the game. I personally haven’t gone to a league game this year except for the first Eagles game. Only 2 teams I was interested in watching this season. Eagles and MSA. So I never even get the chance to talk to kids directly and I never would. That’s not my job. Let the coach do that. Maybe my own daughter, but that’s the relationship I have with. So if you were part of a team like that where everyone critiqued each other in front of each other’s children then I’m sorry for you, really am. Sorry you had to go through that.
@Luis Andres Q. Did you get the wide view angles with the Soloshot 3 so you can also see all the other little girls who make mistakes and then come on here to let us all know about them? It's called Solo for a reason. Only for your dd, not other little kids. This is starting to sound really weird and if my dd was on your dd team, I would demand no videos of my dd be allowed. In Fact, (where is Fact btw), where are you watching the live stream? Work? I hope you own your own business. You have a problem bro.

Back