G2010 - How’s the 2022 season going?

Complacency will kick your butt every time. Hats off to De Anza. They absolutely deserved this win and outplayed us in every way. Looking forward to the semi’s and finals.

Look like the Final in the Super Black group will be Sharks vs LAFC at 12:30. Sharks beat LA Breakers 5-0 and LAFC vs Slammers went to PKs in the semis. It was all ECNL teams that made the semis (probably not surprising). Good luck to all the remaining teams!

"My two cents: Blues are quite impressive and disciplined, although their first goal against MVLA was a gift. The one they call "Fabby" is definitely the straw that stirs the drink for that team. When she goes out, they become vulnerable and pedestrian. Once they decide to feature her more and give her more opportunities to take over, all of 2010 ECNL is in trouble."

Impressive win by San Juan. Didn't see that coming.
Whats the difference between this MVLA team and the Man City team that got dominated by Surf?

I've heard a few times that a San Juan 2010 player (played for San Juan's 2009 team ) guest played with MVLA 2010s at Man City tournament.

She is now at MVLA playing 2009. They lost in the semis 2-1 to SoCal Blues

I had also heard someone had just quit San Juan after Seattle Nationals so it had to have been the same kid.
It seemed like a big to do so I keep reminding myself i'm glad my youngest is 17 and no longer 12.

I think they are referring to the Mike Whittaker (coach) factor. Mike came from Albion girls program and is a good coach. He has the reputation of being a bit of a ‘joy stick’ coaching style which can be quite beneficial at the younger ages. However, as the game gets more spread out (11v11) and sped up (fast passing and running), the joy stick approach loses its effectiveness and can become detrimental, actually causing players to wait for the coach to tell them what to do, and, well, the play is past. I am hoping (as a Surf fan) that the Sharks become the second best team at this age group from San Diego (did I mention 2nd best ). San Diego needs the competition like Orange County has so much high level competition. Regardless, SoCal girls soccer rocks!

Looks like the 2010 Sharks won the second flight and are doing just fine playing 11 v 11. They may very well be poised to give your Surf girls some competition in ECNL. I know we aren't comparing apples to apples since they weren't placed in the top flight (likely not their choice), so only time and head-to-head matchups will tell. That team has plenty of talent, speed, and instinct that doesn't appear to require joy sticking in the least.

SoCal Brackets are out. You'd think they'd do a better job separating teams from the same club. Also, probably could have condensed it to have 3 divisions besides San Diego. 4 Socal Blues teams in the same bracket, 2 Arsenal Teams in the same bracket x 2. Could have just combined West and North too. Still waiting to see the ECNL / ECRL brackets for this upcoming season.

G10 - Flight 1 North
Bracket A
  • TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY (CA) TFA-SGV G2010
  • AYSO United SoCal Santa Clarita G2010 Roberts
  • Sporting California USA Sporting California Los Angeles G2010 Serrano
  • Sporting California USA Sporting California USA SGV G10
  • Tudela FC Los Angeles Tudela FC LA G2010 White
  • LA Surf Soccer Club G2010 LA Surf SO - SOCAL
  • Los Angeles Bulls Soccer Club G2010
  • AYSO United SoCal Santa Clarita G2010 Pence
G10 - Flight 1 East
Bracket A
  • Sporting California USA Sporting California USA - Redlands G2010
  • Chelsea SC G10 Langford
  • AYSO United SoCal Redlands G2010 Pitts
  • Empire SC Empire SC G2010
  • Legends FC (CA) Legends FC G10 FC
  • Fury FC (S-CA) FURY FC G10
  • Sporting California USA Sporting California Corona G2010 Bosquez
  • CDA Slammers North G10 McCarty Black (Whittier)
  • Rangers FC Rangers FC G 2010 White
  • Strikers FC North Strikers FC North IE G10 SJ
G10 - Flight 1 South
Bracket A
  • Slammers FC Slammers FC G2010 CD
  • TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY (CA) TFA-OC G2010 Mora
  • Mission Viejo FC G2010 Gold
  • South Slammers FC G10 Elite
  • Southern California Blues Soccer Club SC Blues G10 Sarabia
  • Southern California Blues Soccer Club SC Blues G10 Fly Lime
  • Southern California Blues Soccer Club SC Blues G10 Maisterra
  • Southern California Blues Soccer Club SC Blues G10 Fly Blue
  • Liverpool FC IA SoCal Liverpool FC IA SoCal G10 Red Paredes
  • Laguna United FC Laguna United FC G2010 Gold
G10 - Flight 1 West
Bracket A
  • Sand and Surf SC G10 Elite 1
  • AYSO United SoCal Downey G2010 Red
  • Beach Futbol Club Beach FC LB G2010 Johnson
  • CDA Slammers Cerritos G10 Salazar
  • CDA Slammers Cerritos G10 Gerrits / Patea
  • Beach Futbol Club Beach FC SB 2010 J Torres
G10 - Flight 1/2 SD North
Bracket A
  • AYSO United SoCal North County G2010 Felipe
  • Cardiff Sockers G10 Blue - Favor
  • City SC - San Marcos G2010 Gold
  • City SC - San Marcos G2010 Academy
  • Legends FC - San Diego Legends FC San Diego G10 FC
  • Express Soccer G10 Premier Fletcher
  • Oceanside Breakers Oceanside Breakers - G2010 Blu
  • Vista Storm Soccer Club Vista Storm SC G2010 Black

Correct 6 Blues.

2 of those that are now in Flight 1 were supposed be in Discovery
Looks like people in south OC wants to join the blues. It is revenue for the club so I envision they will continue adding teams by getting players from other smaller clubs.

Back