Food Shortages?

jpeter

PREMIER
I am so glad we installed a bidet when we remodeled the house. We still use TP, but less. I won't go into the mechanics. Seriously folks, if you have a chance to install one, you will like the clean all over feeling.
Better half in French, we have them. They don't use paper to wipe but have to dry yourself some way right? Air dry but some still use TP for that and not everyone likes water shot at them.

jpeter

PREMIER
Hit up smart & final fresh this morning and they had restocked the night before. Plenty of bread, muffins, water, drinks, wine, fruit & veg's. Still little light on the meats, dairy, patsa but better selection than some places. One of the keys is to shop early after the nightly restock, just have to find out which days?

Seems like different stores have different runs on stuff. Local Asian market plenty of fish, crabs, seafood but little meat. Walmart fresh had bunch of meat, corned beef, sausage so we shopped there for the St Paddy's days food. Some of these places I don't frequent but been presently surprised when I dropped in.

For the questions about reducing TP use, yes consider a Bidet. The "clear rear" ones we have are nice since you can adjust pressure & angle.

it pays to ask store workers if they have something you're looking for. i didn't see any frozen chicken of any sort in Albertson's yesterday, but a clerk was happy to run to the back and get 2 bags for me when I asked.

watfly

GOLD
Hit up smart & final fresh this morning and they had restocked the night before. Plenty of bread, muffins, water, drinks, wine, fruit & veg's. Still little light on the meats, dairy, patsa but better selection than some places. One of the keys is to shop early after the nightly restock, just have to find out which days?

Seems like different stores have different runs on stuff. Local Asian market plenty of fish, crabs, seafood but little meat. Walmart fresh had bunch of meat, corned beef, sausage so we shopped there for the St Paddy's days food. Some of these places I don't frequent but been presently surprised when I dropped in.

For the questions about reducing TP use, yes consider a Bidet. The "clear rear" ones we have are nice since you can adjust pressure & angle.
It's a bit like a scavenger hunt, we've found that specialty markets can be your best bet.

blam

SILVER
After I used bidet I never wanted to go back. I try to time it so I do them at home than at work. It actually feels disgusting to me now that people just use toilet paper only instead of rinsing with water. Toilet paper still needed but mostly to wipe dry after bidet.

JumboJack

BRONZE
The Costco’s by my house have food. Not always what you might want at any given time but there is tons of food. They usually have TP in the morning until all the knuckleheads with chronic diarrhea show up.

The Costco’s by my house have food. Not always what you might want at any given time but there is tons of food. They usually have TP in the morning until all the knuckleheads with chronic diarrhea show up.
I got to Costco at 6:30 am and was 42nd in line this morning but when I got through the doors it was a free for all! Ppl that were behind me ran to the tp aisle... I was lucky enough that they had 8 pallets of tp today otherwise I would’ve been SOL. I went there on Wednesday and they only gave out 60 vouchers for the first 60 customers so I consider myself lucky today lol. I was also able to get my hands on hand sanitizer and latex gloves. As for food items, they had everything except for frozen chicken. Costco is the way to go if you don’t mind standing in the cold and rain this week.

pewpew

SILVER ELITE
You were either prepared before all this went down or you weren't. This pandemic will change the mindset for a great many people and yet some will learn nothing from it and be in a bad place again when the next big event comes..be it earthquake or something else. I feel bad for the elderly or those on a tight budget. I learned a long time ago from my father-in-law (RIP) who grew up during The Great Depression to be prepared. He always kept a well-stocked garage storage rack and fridge/freezer.
Many others with enough forethought could skip a trip or two each week to Starbucks and instead buy some extra TP, can goods, water, etc. But they won't. Buy things you and your family will eat..not the MREs and stuff your kids won't. Rotate thru it as you buy. Spaghetti meals for example. I have enough on-hand to prepare 8 meals. Usually don't get below 6 meals. Always have so it can't be confused with hoarding. Same goes for water. ALWAYS have at minimum 9 cases on the garage storage rack with 3 on the floor that we'll burn thru inside of 1-2 weeks. Every trip to Costco or Sam's Club includes 1-2 cases of water because I know we'll use it. Most of the snacks and such for kid's lunches are the open box, and the replacement box behind it. Once the open box gets burned thru, open the new box. Purchase another box. Repeat as needed. First aid / emergency kits always ready and one in each vehicle. Flashlights / batteries. Vehicles never get below 1/2 tank of fuel. The list goes on and on. Get your family on-board. It doesn't make you some tin-foil-hat-wearing weirdo. It just means you won't struggle the same way many are now. Living in SoCal my mindset has always been towards The Big One. I never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime. But I'm glad I'm prepared. My .02

Good luck to everyone out there. Take care of yourself, family, and others if you can.

P.S.
And don't forget the means to protect it all. You are either prepared to take care of your family or you aren't. ;)

Dubs

SILVER ELITE
Let's remember to thank all the folks working in the stores. I know it's their jobs, but they are absolutely at a higher risk. I'm seeing a lot of kindness out there and it makes me happy. Perhaps there's a bit of reset happening. All the best to everyone. Be safe.

jpeter

PREMIER
Visited smart & final fresh on my semi-weekly run and stock is really improved they had pretty much everything lots of steak ground beef water paper you name it they had it. Gallon of liquid hand soap for the dispensers should lasts a while.

Happy corona day :p the guy behind me said finally he could get what he needed, we had a good laugh on that one.