Florida Cup/Showcase Dec 9 — what are people thinking?

MMMM

BRONZE
Are families excited to go or annoyed to be traveling so far, especially for teams in the showcase part versus the DA Cup competition part? I wasn’t terribly impressed with the college coach list

I would be annoyed if my dd already had her college deal but she has to travel to play in FL showcase because it's the right thing to do
I would be annoyed if my dd doesn't have a deal and others do, but they come anyways and take up the bulk of the minutes
I would be annoyed if my dd doesn't play many minutes
I would be annoyed if my dd just played in front of 21 D1 coaches plus 5 Pac 12 and now has to travel across the country for more scouts to see dd
I would be annoyed if my dd has no interest in college on East Coast but is made to feel guilty for not wanting to go
I would be annoyed if my bank account is low so I throw it all on the credit card and deal with it later
I would be annoyed if I my dd was on that Del Sol team from AZ. They travel more than any team I know.

I would be excited if my dd already made YNT camp and is looking for another call up
I would be excited if my dd wanted to play college soccer in Florida
I would be excited if I had lot's of extra cash and wanted to go to Florida for a little R & R, golf and more golf

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it :)

Last edited:
Are families excited to go or annoyed to be traveling so far, especially for teams in the showcase part versus the DA Cup competition part? I wasn’t terribly impressed with the college coach list
For some age groups its exciting. With my experience you can't really go off that list because most coaches tend to sign up late to avoid getting a cramp load of emails. normally all the top schools will be there. Not annoyed at all. To be clear I'm only speak on the girls side.

I would be annoyed if my dd already had her college deal but she has to travel to play in FL showcase because it's the right thing to do
I would be annoyed if my dd doesn't have a deal and others do, but they come anyways and take up the bulk of the minutes
I would be annoyed if my dd just played in front of 21 D1 coaches plus 5 Pac 12 and now has to travel across the country for more scouts to see dd
I would be annoyed if my dd has no interest in college on East Coast but is made to feel guilty for not wanting to go
I would be annoyed if my bank account is low so I throw it all on the credit card and deal with it later
I would be annoyed if I my dd was on that Del Sol team from AZ. They travel more than any team I know.

I would be excited if my dd already made YNT camp and is looking for another call up
I would be excited if my dd wanted to play college soccer in Florida
I would be excited if I had lot's of extra cash and wanted to go to Florida for a little R & R, golf and more golf

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it :)

Good you switched to ECNL! Seems like its working out for you.

Good you switched to ECNL! Seems like its working out for you.
ECNL is a great league for my dd for the college deal. No way she has any chance to make the National Team in the future especially with all the top 04s and 05s out there in all the YNT ID Pool Camps. I do wish you all the best to make the National Team some day. If you don't try then you can't make it. I would love to hear about a DPL Player making it to the National Team some day. Now that would make that league big time.

Last edited:
Right around the corner from del Sol is the Royals. They actually travel more than del Sol. Royals seem to like going out to So Cal for single games. del Sol usually gets a Sat and Sun game.

On the bright side however is almost all the travel (bus, flights, hotel) costs are covered. Parents pay for meals. There is the occasional weekend were parents travel and so pay all hotel, gas.

Right around the corner from del Sol is the Royals. They actually travel more than del Sol. Royals seem to like going out to So Cal for single games. del Sol usually gets a Sat and Sun game.

On the bright side however is almost all the travel (bus, flights, hotel) costs are covered. Parents pay for meals. There is the occasional weekend were parents travel and so pay all hotel, gas.
That's cool and I'm sure it's fun for most of the girls to travel on a bus or airplane to play road games at 13 and 14 or they would complain. Like I said before, I would be super excited if my kid had a legit shot at making the National Team. Pie in the ski or as one rich dad told me, "That's a pipe dream." We see how hard it is and maybe one kid from the 04s' will make it from the whole United States. AS, AT, JH JS are the front runners. The great Pro OM is already pro and well on her way to at least one cap. She's a lock to make it. Keep in mind all the talented girls in this huge country of ours will be looking to get a roster spot: 05s, 06s, 07s and then you still got all the 90s, 91s, 92s, 93s, 94s, 95s, 96s, 97s, 98s, 99ers' 2000, 01, 02, 03. Basically, "fat chance." Good luck to all who are still going for the National team. Who am I to question a little girls dream of playing for her country one day :)

My kid is excited!

I think we could do without the winter showcase. Spring and Summer seem enough. I don’t like that it’s Mon-Thurs and just before finals. Wrapping around a weekend would mean less school missed.
I noticed college coach registration missing some Pac-12’s. Maybe NCAA tourney, head coach changes, etc impacting this one? Or maybe they just register last minute.

!
My kid is excited!

I think we could do without the winter showcase. Spring and Summer seem enough. I don’t like that it’s Mon-Thurs and just before finals. Wrapping around a weekend would mean less school missed.
I noticed college coach registration missing some Pac-12’s. Maybe NCAA tourney, head coach changes, etc impacting this one? Or maybe they just register last minute.
There will be a lot of last minute registrations. Happens every year.

My kid is excited!

They normally register last minute. Sometimes they don't register. Last year Winter Showcase a couple of Pac-12 schools didn't register but they were there.

My dd attend this event during her Junior and Senior years. It had no affect on her grades and she had a lot of fun. Junior year is the key year since everyone on the team that was a Senior was already committed during her Senior year (that trip was more a fun trip with all of her best friends). Attending was more about helping the Juniors show well. I went myself during her Junior and ended up passing out brochures. We ended up with over 150 schools attending with over 80 at the second game and we were more a middle of the pack team. I walked over to watch Real play and they had over 110 coaches at that game. The amount of coaches attending was insane and many of them did not sign up on the attendee list. I am sure that National ECNL events get the same amount of attention. There are so many more colleges in the East and they seem to love California girls. If you include UCSD there are only 25 D1 programs in California which leaves around 310 D1 programs in other states. The stats are similar for D2 and D3,

Firstly, the SoCal kiddos are killing it in Florida. Lots and lots of goals. I saw one team from SoCal have two girls on the same team with hat tricks. Amazing goals being scored. 12-0, 8-1, 9-0, 7-1 to name a few. Earthquakes are so good their goats all play up. Last place Albion took a team down 6-0. Very impressive. The DA offensive development program is really working. Keep up the lopsided scoring. Lastly, I had this thought. Instead of flying across the country to destroy teams, why not have the SoCal DA teams play the ECNL teams in Socal to save everyone time and money? I bet the Socal ECNL teams will give the SoCal DA Teams a better challenge than a team from some place I've never heard of.

Firstly, the SoCal kiddos are killing it in Florida. Lots and lots of goals. I saw one team from SoCal have two girls on the same team with hat tricks. Amazing goals being scored. 12-0, 8-1, 9-0, 7-1 to name a few. Earthquakes are so good their goats all play up. Last place Albion took a team down 6-0. Very impressive. The DA offensive development program is really working. Keep up the lopsided scoring. Lastly, I had this thought. Instead of flying across the country to destroy teams, why not have the SoCal DA teams play the ECNL teams in Socal to save everyone time and money? I bet the Socal ECNL teams will give the SoCal DA Teams a better challenge than a team from some place I've never heard of.
This is very accurate and an indictment of the DA model. A ridiculous lack of parity between DA teams from different regions makes it a joke. Traveling that far to play a team 4 or 5 goals worse than you makes zero sense. California should be smart and drop all DA and ECNL teams and have their own superleague.

Back