First High School game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

All the players I know would prefer a good grass field over a turf field. Crappy grass fields are a different story.
Oside, OCGP or Norco is good for me for grass play. Most Turf fields are ok. Grass where Gophers live should be banned for any soccer game, in of story. I got even more pissed off when I found out the JV plays there every year. What a way to treat the girls. Super disappointed to say the least :(

Oside, OCGP or Norco is good for me for grass play. Most Turf fields are ok. Grass where Gophers live should be banned for any soccer game, in of story. I got even more pissed off when I found out the JV plays there every year. What a way to treat the girls. Super disappointed to say the least :(
You should see what our C team (frosh/soph) get to play on. Totally unfair and they are scheduled an early start. A bunch of non driving kids have to be across town at 3 pm with no buses. So glad we survived that with the oldest.

Finished our first year of High School soccer.

Positives. No major injuries. Got to face a number of Seniors that are going on and playing college next year. Lots of older talent that she got to play against. Faced a large number of shots, breakaways, corners, crosses, etc. to really help gain her experience and confidence. Filming up high in the bleachers gave me a number of highlights that I was able to film for recruiting. She enjoyed playing for the school and playing with classmates, as well as facing some of her club teammates that were at other high schools. Every team we faced was aggressive but clean.

Negatives. Dealing with minor groin injury due to overuse. She stopped running track and that helped a lot. Getting better the last two weeks. As a team the school will always struggle as it is small but plays in a conference with large schools, and only had a enough players to field a varsity team. That would have been ok if our head coach wasn't subbing in too many players as the starters would be holding their own. Always the issue of who to play and who not to. Nothing new.

Looking forward to a High School season that doesn't run at the same time as club season.

Well, were almost done with our third year of HSS. My dd team has now made CIF playoffs every year she has played HSS. This year was the hardest to make for sure and it took an OT upset win on Senior night over Newport Harbor HS to get in. Poor thing sprained her ankle two weeks ago and will most likely have to miss the first round. However, she will be a game time decision :) My dd creates an insane amount of Adrenalin before big games so anything is possible. A good tape of the ankle could bring a Willis Reed moment. I wish all the teams great success. Mater Dei and Harvard Westlake look to be the best of the rest in D1. D2, I have no idea who the top team is but it will be very difficult to get past South Hills out of West Covina.

Back