Filming Goalkeepers

forksnbolts

SILVER
I know there are some threads about filming games, and what not, but equipment/set up do you use to film your goalkeeper. And what tips can you give someone who is trying to do it for the first time.

I use my Iphone 11 Pro. Use the APP "Double Take", which takes two videos at once, one zoomed in, the other wide. Set it up on 6-10 ft Tripod. Edit with imovie. Stationary for first half, then reset it up second half.

I use a Sony HDR-CX405 and set it up aligned with the top of the 18 yard box. I set it up on a tripod, press record and walk away. After the game, I download the recording and trim to just touches. It gives us a good video to review after the game. If I try to follow the game with the camera, I usually end up filming my shoes when ever things get exciting inside of the 18.

I use a Sony HDR-CX405 and set it up aligned with the top of the 18 yard box. I set it up on a tripod, press record and walk away. After the game, I download the recording and trim to just touches. It gives us a good video to review after the game. If I try to follow the game with the camera, I usually end up filming my shoes when ever things get exciting inside of the 18.

LOL....I have lots of videos of my feet too! I also hear erratic breathing when the ball gets close to my daughter.

So here is a clip using the App which allowed me to use my phone to video with two zooms.
One had the keeper centered and zoomed in, the other showed almost half the field. I then edited the zoomed in by zooming in a bit more then cut to the out of zoom video to see the finish of the play.

Get some footage from elevation, too. Top of a football stadium, etc. Something that illustrates decision making with regard to throws, etc. And keep the footage of him/her setting up walls, organizing on corners, etc. The little things keepers never get credit for.

I've been told that warmups are a great thing to film as well. Some keepers don't see much action so this is one way to evaluate. Only advice is have the keeper coach or someone with knowledge and intensity to do the warm up.

I've been told that warmups are a great thing to film as well. Some keepers don't see much action so this is one way to evaluate. Only advice is have the keeper coach or someone with knowledge and intensity to do the warm up.
I have posted about Melissa Weck before. I just so enjoyed watching her play. Any way, her recruiting profile was one of the few I have seen that was a warm up video. https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-s...a/anaheim/esperanza-high-school1/melissa-weck

Nothing wrong with having practice sessions available for coaches to see. I’ve collected practice video from August and September. Been told multiple times that game footage is needed as well.

I use my Iphone 11 Pro. Use the APP "Double Take", which takes two videos at once, one zoomed in, the other wide. Set it up on 6-10 ft Tripod. Edit with imovie. Stationary for first half, then reset it up second half.
yooooooooooooooo. Thanks. Downloaded the App. That is super cool. Where have you been for the last 5 years?!? lol

Back