Female '05 GK Relocating from ATL to Carlsbad (post-tryouts) - Club/level advice?

What club does she play for in ATL? It's our 2nd home and I'm familiar with some of the programs. My daughters trained with Concorde when we spent summers there.
She was with Atlanta Fire United’s NL squad until they switched to Southern Conference Champions League 2

Weird... forum would not let me fix my reply (that I accidentally posted prematurely). So here’s what I meant to reply with:

She was with Atlanta Fire United’s NL squad until they switched to Southern Conference Champions League (SCCL) 2. Declined offer from United Futbol Academy (UFA) Forsyth’s NPL team (to avoid splitting time in the goal). Selected UFA’s SCCL 1 team and helped bring them from zero wins the previous year to 4th place. She’s still with Georgia’s ‘05 ODP too. Not sure if any of that rings a bell for you...

The 5 clubs you listed are those in San Diego that have DA (City SC, Surf, Albion) or ECNL (Sharks, Rebels) pathways, but that doesn't mean they would specifically offer your DD an experience other smaller local clubs cannot. As Lastman eluded to, it's all about the best fit on a team with the right coach for your kid to continue to thrive and develop. That said, Rebels is likely way too far from Carlsbad to even be considered, and Albion might be too far as well unless a particular team and coach was a great fit. City SC (man it's going to hard getting used to that) would be the nearest to you, but Surf's facility is not that far from Carlsbad and could still at least be considered. Other more local club options up in that area could be Encinitas Express, Oceanside Breakers and Vista Storm, although to be fair I really don't know much about those clubs.

Good luck!
Del Mar Sharks have some great coaches. Check them out.

I can vouch for DMCV Sharks ECNL 05 team as a top notch team and coach. Shannon MacMillan coached the team since they were newbies, then stepped back and it's now is coached by ECNL director. As other posters have said, the right team chemistry and coach - as well as opportunities to play and be seen by college coaches - is more important than a club name. That said, if you and your family want to stay out of the political stuff, stay far away from Surf or any 'brands' associated with it. PM me for more details :)

ECNL RL for regional league.

Check out galaxy sd too i think it's called city FC now. They play right there in Carlsbad poinsettia park. They have a DPL below the DA and they are a good competitive team imo. I know nothing about the club coach team chemistry off the field if they have 2 keepers. DA team is a very good team imo they play good soccer

I also am a fan of the sharks ecnl team by the way we played them in surf cup good team! They added a legit play maker in the off-season made them a more dangerous team

Plenty of good trainers in Southern California as well! Some of the trainers run camps, which make for great training and networking for keepers.

Weird... forum would not let me fix my reply (that I accidentally posted prematurely). So here’s what I meant to reply with:

She was with Atlanta Fire United’s NL squad until they switched to Southern Conference Champions League (SCCL) 2. Declined offer from United Futbol Academy (UFA) Forsyth’s NPL team (to avoid splitting time in the goal). Selected UFA’s SCCL 1 team and helped bring them from zero wins the previous year to 4th place. She’s still with Georgia’s ‘05 ODP too. Not sure if any of that rings a bell for you...
You do not have access to correct errors after posting. Unless you pay for Platinum. Its $15 for the year. It also comes with a few more features.

If I lived in Carlsbad I would definitely go with City SC...great hometown club with very solid program/coaches. Carlsbad is a tight community and she'd be playing with many friends and classmates.

The traffic in the area truly sucks and is getting worse, this needs to be a top decision point...as it'll be a serious grind to venture out of town. The only other programs even somewhat worth the traffic grind would be Surf to the South or Blues to the North.

If she/you are serious about her soccer, don't waste your time/money on any of the other clubs...you have what you need right there in town. Good luck!

Just curious - where did that legit play maker come from?
I believe GPS it's called. Played a friendly vs a team that wore Bayer Munich kits last spring she was on that team for that friendly and not on sharks when we played them the previous spring pre ecnl then on sharks this last summer

Back