Fall Registration - Younger Age Groups at Your Club?

Alemca

BRONZE
Are there any changes to the fall registration process at your club for younger teams (U10 and younger)?

We have been quite frustrated that it seems to be business as usual (actually the price increased by ~$150) with no stated course of action if the season is derailed again. That might have been OK if the coaches weren't furloughed and there was no practice for 2 months (No, homework suggestions don't count).

What are some creative solutions that you have seen to increase the trust between the club, the coaches and the parents that the commitment will be there regardless of what might happen in the fall?

Are there any changes to the fall registration process at your club for younger teams (U10 and younger)?

We have been quite frustrated that it seems to be business as usual (actually the price increased by ~$150) with no stated course of action if the season is derailed again. That might have been OK if the coaches weren't furloughed and there was no practice for 2 months (No, homework suggestions don't count).

What are some creative solutions that you have seen to increase the trust between the club, the coaches and the parents that the commitment will be there regardless of what might happen in the fall?

so the summarize you're seeing a over all increased of a hundred and fifty bucks and there's no fallback plains for fees if things get cancelled?

Are you asking if that's normal or Fair?

Trying to help you out

Less about the price increase and more about trust that the club will do the right thing by the coaches and the parents. Maybe the right thing for the club would be to lay off the coaches if fall league is cancelled, but we don't need to be a part of it. So yes, I am wondering what parents think is fair communication from the clubs at this point, knowing that there are still many uncertainties and unknowns.

Most Clubs are charging the same as last year but I don’t think they are preparing to give refunds if the season never starts. Just pay your monthly fee or don’t sign up for this season. I believe we will have another quarantine very soon.

Less about the price increase and more about trust that the club will do the right thing by the coaches and the parents. Maybe the right thing for the club would be to lay off the coaches if fall league is cancelled, but we don't need to be a part of it. So yes, I am wondering what parents think is fair communication from the clubs at this point, knowing that there are still many uncertainties and unknowns.
Great questions. I decided to throw down my deposit with hope a few weeks ago. Clubs have no clues and are left in the dark like most of us. This life thing were going through is much bigger than soccer. My dd coach is a great family man and he can keep my deposit. I have to agree with soccer fan 4 life that it's not looking good for fall ball. Our family ((my dd) have walked away from the great game already. I hope we can return to club to finish our last year of club but it's not looking good. If you don't have money to lose, keep it and play next year. My opinion on all this is we have some of the most selfish people in California and they have a more important agenda and our kids are stuck in the middle.

Reality is finally sinking in. This virus dictates the terms. Not you. Don’t risk your kids life. If you believe in your club support them through this ( pay the fees) if you don’t ... don’t and come back later. This is not a joke ... it’s time to be adults.

Reality is finally sinking in. This virus dictates the terms. Not you. Don’t risk your kids life. If you believe in your club support them through this ( pay the fees) if you don’t ... don’t and come back later. This is not a joke ... it’s time to be adults.
I agree Mavs. I want everyone to get their asses in their houses and stay home now!!! Everyone!!!! Now!!!! No more double standards. I've been following the rules and some are not and that is pissing off a lot folks bro.

Great questions. I decided to throw down my deposit with hope a few weeks ago. Clubs have no clues and are left in the dark like most of us. This life thing were going through is much bigger than soccer. My dd coach is a great family man and he can keep my deposit.

We like the coach and would be happy to support the club if they commit to having regular remote workouts in case the season is cancelled. Not fine with club not paying the coaches and keeping all the fees.

We don't want to give up on the club yet, so wanted to get some ideas about how other clubs might have found the middle ground to keep parents and coaches happy.

We like the coach and would be happy to support the club if they commit to having regular remote workouts in case the season is cancelled. Not fine with club not paying the coaches and keeping all the fees.

We don't want to give up on the club yet, so wanted to get some ideas about how other clubs might have found the middle ground to keep parents and coaches happy.

Our club charged a deposit of about 25% of the regular registration fees. If there’s a Fall season, then we pay the rest. If there isn’t, the coaches will keep training remotely with their players. That 25% of fees is enough to keep the coaches working, and administrators also making their money. I believe that is fair.

Our club charged a deposit of about 25% of the regular registration fees. If there’s a Fall season, then we pay the rest. If there isn’t, the coaches will keep training remotely with their players. That 25% of fees is enough to keep the coaches working, and administrators also making their money. I believe that is fair.

That seems fair. Was it communicated verbally or did the club committed to it in the registration documents?

That seems fair. Was it communicated verbally or did the club committed to it in the registration documents?

It was in the registration documents. It stated that we should pay our deposit to guarantee a spot, and if no Fall Season is allowed, no more money will be collected.

25% is that normal for clubs? 700 or so would seem like a chuck of change for a deposit?

Seen several people ask why teams are also collecting team fees( have to pay upfront well in advance for tournaments, registration, etc) outside of the club fees also already. This could add say another $300 and all of sudden people are into things @1k before practices even really get seriously. Call it a leap of faith or whatever and there has to be some trust.

Not that I have to be concerned with given our situation but I feel for parents & clubs that need to put out $$ with so many unknowns just yet.

25% is that normal for clubs? 700 or so would seem like a chuck of change for a deposit?

Seen several people ask why teams are also collecting team fees( have to pay upfront well in advance for tournaments, registration, etc) outside of the club fees also already. This could add say another $300 and all of sudden people are into things @1k before practices even really get seriously. Call it a leap of faith or whatever and there has to be some trust.

Not that I have to be concerned with given our situation but I feel for parents & clubs that need to put out $$ with so many unknowns just yet.
For me and my dd, she's working now and paying half. We sat down and counted the cost. I couldnt promise her a season and neither could her coach. I also told her I can;t promise you will be alive tomorrow either. I asked her how she wants to play this out. I also told her I dont have $3200 to takes chances with this time. She asked what i thought and I said coin flip honey. I then told her I would share half the risk if she puts in some skin in the game and go half. She said, "deal" and we hugged. We both went to the bank and made the commitment to her coach. We prefer to live in the now and be positive. I had no idea how hard it would be for her to play a soccer game. I say 10% she plays this year. Oh well, I'm out a few bucks. i would have wasted it on drinks on the road anyways so I would much rather her coach have it to keep him from bailing.......

Our yearly fees are around $3200, and our deposit was $450, so around 1/8th of the yearly fee, 1/4 of the Fall fee. And we have not been asked for team fees, And we have not been asked for team fees, so not bad to keep our coach around.

Back