Espola's newest neighborhood

While most of the people with whom I communicate on this forum could be comfortably seated in my living room without bringing in the patio chairs, my recent Memorial Day postings on Facebook identical to the ones I posted here have brought contact with hundreds in reactions, comments, and shares. I also got a friend request from a family member of another of the sailors lost with my cousin on the USS Grayback. She seems to be an unofficial historian of the sub.

Side-scan sonar image of the discovery of the sub on the bottom --

Wow lost in '44 discovered in 2019! RIP

The sinking was reported by the Japanese pilot who bombed the sub, but his report was mistranslated after the war. A review of the original documents by a group dedicated to finding missing USN ships discovered that, and the sub was found soon after.

Now that the SD Public Library is accepting requests for books delivered by curb service, I have placed a hold on John Bolton's new book. I'm #41 in line.

Now that the SD Public Library is accepting requests for books delivered by curb service, I have placed a hold on John Bolton's new book. I'm #41 in line.

There's nothing in the book that the White House didn't already vet....numskull.

How about spend your OWN money and buy it.....ya Mooch.

July 3rd, 1863 was the final day of the Battle of Gettysburg. In the tactical movement that became known as Pickett's Charge, most of the Confederate infantry converged on a small group of trees in the center of the Union position, about 2 miles across open fields. Units of the 2nd Vemont Brigade found themselves going to be out of the action since the charge was headed to a point down the line to the right from their position. Acting on inspired initiative, several regiments wheeled forward to the right, flanking the head of Pickett's Charge. They cut those Rebs to ribbons.

July 3rd, 1863 was the final day of the Battle of Gettysburg. In the tactical movement that became known as Pickett's Charge, most of the Confederate infantry converged on a small group of trees in the center of the Union position, about 2 miles across open fields. Units of the 2nd Vemont Brigade found themselves going to be out of the action since the charge was headed to a point down the line to the right from their position. Acting on inspired initiative, several regiments wheeled forward to the right, flanking the head of Pickett's Charge. They cut those Rebs to ribbons.
Excellent! Rebel scum must die!

Excellent! Rebel scum must die!

reb·el

noun: rebel; plural noun: rebels
/ˈrebəl/
  1. a person who rises in opposition or armed resistance against an established government or ruler.
    "Tory rebels"
  2. a Confederate Soldier during the Civil War.

DEMOCRATS = CONFEDERATE = REBEL = CRIMINALS

Something I heard from Milton Berle, recorded year ago --
"I'm 83 years old. Sometimes I feel like a twenty-year-old"

--pause for timing--

"Unfortunately, there's never one around"

Back