Espola's newest neighborhood

It's Canada Day, so I made a plate of poutine (sort of ) - french fries cooked in the air fryer, then piled on strips of deli-sliced smoked ham, leftover chicken gravy, some shredded cheese - microwaved the mess long enough to melt the cheese, then added fresh-cut onion top slices.

Needs ketchup.

It's Canada Day, so I made a plate of poutine (sort of ) - french fries cooked in the air fryer, then piled on strips of deli-sliced smoked ham, leftover chicken gravy, some shredded cheese - microwaved the mess long enough to melt the cheese, then added fresh-cut onion top slices.

Needs ketchup.
Stomach ache pending.

Needs ketchup.

Need your stomach pumped.....

What a difference a year makes --

Yosemite Falls July 1, 2018

36452960_1863040970423373_5597294271699877888_o.jpg

Update to life here in NYC. They have just repaved 2nd Ave, which is the street I live on. I'm often hard on de Blasio for focusing on "pet" issues while the city slowly dies around him- but for this he deserves credit.

It turns out that the home stool-sample collection process is not as straight-forward as one might assume. I blew the chance yesterday because I didn't read all three of the instruction sheets before I started. Along the way, I learned a new usage for the word "deposit".

When I finally got to the lab department reception desk, I handed the young lady my triple-sealed envelope and said "I'm going to guess that you know what this is." "Yes, I do."

Today's real-life adventures --

After dropping off my sample at the HMO lab, I got caught up in traffic because a pedestrian accident on I-156 North just south of Lake Hodges had resulted in the closure of all northbound lanes except the car-pool lanes for "cleaning" because a pedestrian had been hit multiple times during the darkest part of the night. As fate would have it, I thought that a short round trip would be a good time to exercise the old truck with the cracked radiator. The stop and go traffic is the worst condition, of course, so I had steam coming out of the hood by the time I got home.

My cellphone rang so I swiped the answer icon without realizing that the phone ID said Scam Likely. I let the guy start his spiel for something like National Police Academy Foundation, and at the first opportunity to respond I told he had been ID'ed as Scam Likely. He thanked me for my time and hung up.

Later in the day, I got a cellphone call from my daughter. She was at a birthday party for a friend and had received a Facebook friend request from someone using my name and some of the public information on my FB page. She got into a short conversation with the guy in which he showed a limited command of English. I contacted FB security and after a few minutes they sent me this message --

We removed a profile that your friend reported because it doesn't follow our Community Standards. We let the profile owner know that it's been removed, but not who reported it.

We're sorry that you had this experience. If in the future you come across someone impersonating you, please let us know:​

I get a chuckle every time I visit the Vista Flower House, since they operate under one of the limited number of Vista City dispensary licenses and are actually located about 500 feet out of the city limits, in unincorporated San Diego County, where such a business is illegal (or at least unlicensed - I think the issue may be pending in court). I mentioned this to some of the other customers while waiting my turn today and one of them said: "I know, but it's more fun knowing that it's not really legit".

Back