Espola's newest neighborhood

Because of my new San Diego citizenship, I have been studying the city ballot propositions up for decision in November --

C - Downtown Stadium Initiative - No
D - Tax and Facilities Initiative - (the other downtown stadium plan) - No
E - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING QUALIFICATIONS, VACANCY, AND
REMOVAL FOR MAYOR, CITY ATTORNEY, AND COUNCIL - Yes
F - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING REQUIRED TERM OF SERVICE FOR
CERTAIN TERMINATIONS OR SUSPENSIONS OF DEPUTY CITY ATTORNEYS. - Requires further study.
G - CHARTER AMENDMENTS REGARDING THE CITIZENS’ REVIEW BOARD ON
POLICE PRACTICES - Leaning toward Yes.
H - CHARTER AMENDMENTS REGARDING PURCHASING AND CONTRACTING
PROCESSES FOR THE CITY OF SAN DIEGO - Yes.
I - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING BALBOA PARK AND SAN DIEGO HIGH
SCHOOL - Yes
J - CHARTER AMENDMENT REGARDING USE OF LEASE REVENUE FROM MISSION BAY PARK - Requires further study.
K - CHARTER AMENDMENT REQUIRING RUN-OFF ELECTION FOR THE OFFICES OF MAYOR, CITY ATTORNEY AND COUNCILMEMBER - No.
L - CHARTER AMENDMENT REQUIRING CITIZENS’ INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM MEASURES TO BE PLACED ON NOVEMBER GENERAL ELECTION BALLOTS, UNLESS THE COUNCIL DECIDES TO SUBMIT THEM TO VOTERS EARLIER - Don't care.
M - AFFORDABLE HOUSING: INCREASING THE LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF UNITS THE CITY AND CERTAIN PUBLIC AGENCIES ARE ALLOWED TO HELP DEVELOP - Requires further study.
N - NON-MEDICAL CANNABIS BUSINESS TAX - No.

Voice of San Diego spread on local propositions --

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/politics/ultimate-guide-local-ballot-measures/

After some study, I still say yes to A, E, H, and I, and still say no to B, C, D, K, and N. I have added Yes to J and M, but still Don't Care to L.

Recycling today -- 13 pounds of clean aluminum poles from old portable shades @ 35c/lb = $4.55 at Skyline Recycling in Escondido. There was no place to park when I got there, and people waiting for my spot when I left.

Do all recycling places pay with $2 bills?

In the City on the Country near us, the City Council rejected a plan to build 22 housing units reserved for sale to US veterans and active duty personnel by a 3-2 vote last night. It is hard to imagine dissing veterans in Poway, but it happened. The fake-cowboy mayor, his personal appointee, and the rightest winger in the Council teamed up to defeat it. They liked the idea of housing for veterans, but they didn't want to have anything to do with the commies of Habitat for Humanity.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ls-poway-veterans-project-20161116-story.html

Mayor Vaus got into Poway politics by spearheading a recall campaign against the suddenly-unpopular Betty Rexford a few years ago, after her neighbors complained she was using City compliance officers to harass them, and after she allegedly ordered the Poway Fire Department to park a truck in front of her house during the 2007 wildfire that burned a lot of other parts of Poway. During that campaign, he promised not to run for the office if she was successfully recalled, but then he backtracked, and using the mailing list and other contacts he had acquired during the recall, he got her out and took her seat. He should remember that recalls work both ways.

I'm not sure howm but I am on someone's phone list for a younger soccer team, who has practice tonight at Arbolitos from 5:30 to 7:30.

Today I sent an email to the Poway City Manager telling her I am not going to pay my last water/sewer bill because of the action the City Council took denying a veterans' and servicemen's housing project.

Today I sent an email to the Poway City Manager telling her I am not going to pay my last water/sewer bill because of the action the City Council took denying a veterans' and servicemen's housing project.

That will go over like a fart in church, how about use your energy in conjunction with this group below:

logo.png
join-us-md.png

Mazda and Chase Team With Building Homes for Heroes
16 Reasons to Support Us in 2016
★★ 4 Stars on Charity Navigator ★★

About Building Homes For Heroes®

Our Mission
Building Homes for Heroes® is a national non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2006.

Building Homes for Heroes® is strongly committed to rebuilding lives and supporting the brave men and women who were injured while serving the country during the time of the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families. It's our honor to support the men and women who have loyally and courageously served our country.

Organizational Statement

Since 2006, Building Homes for Heroes® has been at the forefront of making a significant difference in the lives of wounded American service members and their families. The organization gifts mortgage-free homes that meet the needs of the men and women who have selflessly served our country. These homes not only help to remove the family's financial burden, they help to restore the individual's freedom, and enable the veteran to lead a more independent and productive civilian life.

Organizational efficiency and sound fiscal responsibility are of utmost importance at Building Homes for Heroes®; neither the president nor its board members are compensated for their duties. The organization strives to keep fundraising and administrative costs at a minimum, thus only a small percentage of funds are allocated to overhead costs. Based on fiscal year audited financial statements ending December 31, 2015, the organization had a program service percentage of 93.8%. The organization gifted 17 homes in 2013, 23 homes in 2014, 28 in 2015 and has the high hopes of gifting as many as 36 homes in 2016, equal to one home every 10 days.

To further assist veterans, the organization has added programs, including financial planning services, family funding, and emergency support. Each home recipient is provided with a financial planning representative. This program is designed to provide the new, and sometimes first-time, homeowners with advice and guidance needed to maintain home expenses and to plan for a successful future.

Building Homes for Heroes® encourages the wounded veterans we have assisted, or are currently assisting, to travel to our events and take part in other organizational endeavors to support other men and women who have been severely injured. The organization believes that this enables our recipients to build camaraderie with other wounded veterans who may later become recipients, but also to take another step toward being defined by their accomplishments and activities, and not their injuries or disabilities.

About Us
Veteran Application for Assistance

65 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 105
Valley Stream, NY 11581
NY (516) 684-9220 | FL (407) 803-5398

Building Homes for Heroes®, Inc. is a non-profit organization. The organization is a public charity
exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
EIN: 20-4540852

© 2013 Building Homes for Heroes®

That will go over like a fart in church, how about use your energy in conjunction with this group below:

logo.png
join-us-md.png

Mazda and Chase Team With Building Homes for Heroes
16 Reasons to Support Us in 2016
★★ 4 Stars on Charity Navigator ★★
http://www.buildinghomesforheroes.org/building-homes-heroes-receives-perfect-score-charity-navigator
http://www.buildinghomesforheroes.org/building-homes-heroes-receives-perfect-score-charity-navigator
About Building Homes For Heroes®

Our Mission
Building Homes for Heroes® is a national non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2006.

Building Homes for Heroes® is strongly committed to rebuilding lives and supporting the brave men and women who were injured while serving the country during the time of the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. The organization builds or modifies homes, and gifts them, mortgage-free, to veterans and their families. It's our honor to support the men and women who have loyally and courageously served our country.

Organizational Statement

Since 2006, Building Homes for Heroes® has been at the forefront of making a significant difference in the lives of wounded American service members and their families. The organization gifts mortgage-free homes that meet the needs of the men and women who have selflessly served our country. These homes not only help to remove the family's financial burden, they help to restore the individual's freedom, and enable the veteran to lead a more independent and productive civilian life.

Organizational efficiency and sound fiscal responsibility are of utmost importance at Building Homes for Heroes®; neither the president nor its board members are compensated for their duties. The organization strives to keep fundraising and administrative costs at a minimum, thus only a small percentage of funds are allocated to overhead costs. Based on fiscal year audited financial statements ending December 31, 2015, the organization had a program service percentage of 93.8%. The organization gifted 17 homes in 2013, 23 homes in 2014, 28 in 2015 and has the high hopes of gifting as many as 36 homes in 2016, equal to one home every 10 days.

To further assist veterans, the organization has added programs, including financial planning services, family funding, and emergency support. Each home recipient is provided with a financial planning representative. This program is designed to provide the new, and sometimes first-time, homeowners with advice and guidance needed to maintain home expenses and to plan for a successful future.

Building Homes for Heroes® encourages the wounded veterans we have assisted, or are currently assisting, to travel to our events and take part in other organizational endeavors to support other men and women who have been severely injured. The organization believes that this enables our recipients to build camaraderie with other wounded veterans who may later become recipients, but also to take another step toward being defined by their accomplishments and activities, and not their injuries or disabilities.

About Us

Veteran Application for Assistance

65 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 105
Valley Stream, NY 11581
NY (516) 684-9220 | FL (407) 803-5398

Building Homes for Heroes®, Inc. is a non-profit organization. The organization is a public charity
exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
EIN: 20-4540852

© 2013 Building Homes for Heroes®

Is that a real org or one of them fake Trump orgs where the money just goes away into his charity to buy 12' pictures of himself and settle his debts?

Today's recycling - smaller amount than in the past because there is less storage room here than in the old house.

3 ea bimetal ............. .15
2.5 lb Al @1.80.........4.50
11.0 lb PET @ 1.19 .. 13.09
46 lb glass @ .104 ...4.16
Total .......................21.90

I have been sick in bed for 3 days, so I did 4 days' worth of errands at once - dropoff at Goodwill donation store, renew Auto Club membership (48 years), CRV cashin at Skyline Recycling, dump broken fluorescent bulbs at Lowes, and shopping at 99¢ in Escondido.

Email reply from City Manager today - "looking into it"

Those who were formerly known as "grammar Nazis" for their obsessive concern about spelling, proper pluralization, apostrophes, and improper homonyms (BTW - it's "test his mettle" - you know how you are) will from now on be known as "alt-write".

--Respect for Dave Cross, quoted on facebook--

Is that a real org or one of them fake Trump orgs where the money just goes away into his charity to buy 12' pictures of himself and settle his debts?

Are you still just crying ?

or

Are you now in angry crying mode because you were LIED to soooo much by the " Alt Left " and the HRC criminal squad ?

4552147-crying-baby-boy-over-white.jpg

The club fire in Oakland reminds me that many of us will be participating in big gatherings during the holidays. This time of year is the unfortunate anniversary of the worst public fire disasters ever - the Cocoanut Grove fire in Boston in November 1942 and the Iroquois Theatre fire in CHicago in December 1903. The lessons learned from those events resulted in improved fire safety for all, but please become aware when entering a crowded room - where are the exits? Which is most easily accessible from your seats? What would be you second choice is that way were blocked by people or fire?

On March 25, 1911, the Triangle Shirtwaist Company factory in New York City burned, killing 145 workers. It is remembered as one of the most infamous incidents in American industrial history, as the deaths were largely preventable–most of the victims died as a result of neglected safety features and locked doors within the factory building. The tragedy brought widespread attention to the dangerous sweatshop conditions of factories, and led to the development of a series of laws and regulations that better protected the safety of workers.

http://www.history.com/topics/triangle-shirtwaist-fire

On March 25, 1911, the Triangle Shirtwaist Company factory in New York City burned, killing 145 workers. It is remembered as one of the most infamous incidents in American industrial history, as the deaths were largely preventable–most of the victims died as a result of neglected safety features and locked doors within the factory building. The tragedy brought widespread attention to the dangerous sweatshop conditions of factories, and led to the development of a series of laws and regulations that better protected the safety of workers.

http://www.history.com/topics/triangle-shirtwaist-fire

Wait, according to the geniuses here and now in DC, regulations are not good for the economy or necessary?

Wait, according to the geniuses here and now in DC, regulations are not good for the economy or necessary?

The Cocoanut Grove restaurant was run by the mob (left over from a Prohibition speakeasy disguised as a truck maintenance garage), and included violations such as locked emergency exits (the owner wanted to stop patrons from skipping out on their bills), flammable materials used for decorations, and exit doors that opened inward. The fire department had to break in through windows because all the doors (including an infamous revolving door) were blocked with stacks of bodies. As it was, they got the fire out within 15 minutes of the first alarm, but there were 492 dead and 350 injured, plus hundreds more that escaped or survived - the legal capacity of the restaurant's license was 460.

The Iroquois Theater was owned by a group with a lot of political influence in Chicago. When the fire marshall tried to prevent the theater from opening due to numeraous violations - inadequate exit routes, unfinished fire escapes, no fire extinguishers, flammable construction materials, no fire alarms or telephones - he was fired. The night of the disaster was the first sellout and hundreds of illegal standing-room seats were sold, many of whom sat in the aisles in the top level gallery. Over 300 dead, most incinerated in or near their seats in the gallery. There is a story that ushers refused to open some of the emergency exits until they were beaten by panicked patrons.

Back