Equalizer Soccer:"The U.S. youth system is broken"

My objective is for my dd to be able to play other high skill kids, without unnecessary travel.

Other peoples objectives include creating a national team in 2030 and turning parent money into club money. I dont happen to care for either goal.

This is why I would like to see DA and ECNL get replaced by a relegation and promotion model. Just let the top 10-12 teams in CA play each other, and stop making us fly all over the place.
Great idea.

I live in a dense community with a large and talented player pool. SDSC is the main club in my community...yet in order for my kids to progress in competition leveIs we must travel a minimum of 45 minutes, past SDSC practice fields 5-15 minutes from home, because SDSC has been shut out of DA and ECNL.

There are many large and talented player pool areas being underserved and overlooked because of the DA/ECNL programs. Many folks either can't or won't take on the extra travel burden.

The SoCal promotion / relegation model is a great idea. The only thing I would add is to divide SoCal into two regions of 8, 10, or 12 teams each to further cutdown on travel. Then hold a playoff between both regions to determine SoCal Champ.

As for US & College teams...they can recruit from and attend the SoCal league and playoffs, like the old days.

Back